Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Another Diablo III Season Exploit

A post to the Battle.net forums complains of another exploit being used to gain experience in Diablo III at an unusual rate. It Details about exactly how this works were deleted, but it seems to be taking advantage of a bug in the game code. Blizzard is in the midst of the game's first competitive season for the action/RPG sequel, and this impacts leaderboards for that, so it's not clear if there will be some effort at remedying the situation, or if they will just patch the exploit and allow those who took advantage of this to benefit like they did with last week's exploit. A support agent has responded to the thread saying they are currently investigating the issue.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 09:22 Wallshadows

JeffD wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 02:20:
They didnt do anything to anyone last week, they aren't going to start this week. Season 1 should be wiped out.

The difference between getting from 1 to 70 and getting hundreds of paragon points which can be used to increase the quality of your character to have an actual affect on the leaderboard (which is a major selling point seasons) is what makes it different. Hitting 70 is a drop in the bucket compared to Paragon grinding as far as time is concerned.

200 Paragon points means you can max out one full stat in each tree and that seems to be achieved in a day for some of the streamers who also happen to occupy the top-tier of the boards as well as any of those who are in the loop and have the time to cash in on the exploit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 07:45 jacobvandy

This is a bug with patch 2.1 on the whole, it just so happens to be very useful for cheating your way up the leaderboards in the season. (The gist of it is there's a way to get the difficulty level XP bonus to apply to what you earn inside of great rifts, which are designed to be sterile environments that scale independent of difficulty.) I'm sure there have been as many or more people abusing it to crank out paragon levels on their standard characters. And exploiting this is definitely about 1,000x worse than grinding easy bounties to get up to 70 quickly.  

5. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 07:37 Jonjonz

This is getting to be a sad trend from game publishers, letting cheaters get away with exploits.

It turns every game it touches into a pathetic version of post nuclear war savagery, or simple minded mob mentality, like the tools that ransacked the local Wal Mart in New Orleans back when the flood happened.

The more this happens, the less I am inclined to play these games.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

4. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 03:40 ShakyJake

The season is supposed to make the game more attractive for people playing at lower levels, since it's basically a "fresh start" for all people, and lets you be competitive with people who would otherwise have a huge paragon level and item advantage on you. There's also season-only equipment that can drop, so even people with crazy characters already might want to play it just to see the new stuff.  

3. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 03:01 Prez

I'm confused by the term "Season". I don't play Diablo 3 and reading the Battlenet forums is not enlightening me, so out of curiosity I have to ask: What exactly is going on during this "Season" in Diablo 3? Is it simply a competition to see who can gain the most experience in a certain period of time? If so, I can see the problem with using exploits and cheats to level up faster.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 02:20 JeffD

They didnt do anything to anyone last week, they aren't going to start this week. Season 1 should be wiped out.  

1. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 8, 2014, 23:48 Wallshadows

I hope they simply don't hotfix it but actually rollback or outright suspend the accounts of those who go so far as to stream themselves taking advantage of the exploit for a week or something. As one of the users put it on the Dfans forums, I don't see the issue with hitting level 70 in a couple hours but when you can get hundreds of Paragon levels which can have an actual affect on your performance in a fraction of the time it would normally take, that's a problem

Season 1 is essentially an extension of the beta test so I'm not exactly shocked something like this would show itself but I hope they take action nonetheless.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo