Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 9, 2014, 01:13 Fion

Yea an android-based phone without access to google play kinda kills amazon's tech for me. I mean my first tablet was a Kindle Fire and it was a pretty solid tablet but once I got my Nexus 10 I never looked back. On the other-hand there is no Prime app for android, which severely limits subscriber numbers but I can also see that it might drive appeal for their products.

And what to expect at Apple's big September 9 event? Loads of Sheeple. Just loads of them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 8, 2014, 21:51 Caladell

Apparently not

Which is really unfortunate. At the start of summer, Amazon had a deal where you fill out a survey to get Amazon coins (alternate form of currency for purchasing apps). You could then use your coins to get apps for cheap, that gave you more coins than you spent. Couple (few?) months later, I'm still sitting on those coins. Just nothing that I want on their app store.
I have gotten a few apps there, but it just pales to Google Play. Seems like it could be a cool phone though.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 8, 2014, 20:41 Prez

Well, I would prefer an Android phone, but with a free year of Prime it feels like Amazon is paying me 100 bucks to take their phone. So, I might get one, but being a smartphone newb, I need to know - can Google Play apps be sideloaded onto the device?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >