Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Memorial Interviews

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Memorial Interviews Sep 1, 2014, 23:42 Fantaz

i watched my brother play on dial-up bbs' back in the dos days before the internet and loved watching him. was too young back then to really get into them myself though.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Memorial Interviews Sep 1, 2014, 22:57 Parallax Abstraction

Definitely going to to an episode of my retro show in this. Doesn't have all the games I played when I was younger but has several, including Solar Realms and Trade Wars.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube | Mixer

3. Re: Memorial Interviews Sep 1, 2014, 22:24 Retired

Spent many a day/night on BBS' and helped run a couple. Tons of fun, lots of drama, lots of friendships. I miss those days.....TW2002 and LORD.

/RIP BeBop and the Confetti Factory.

2. No subject Sep 1, 2014, 17:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2014, 12:25:
As an ex-BBS sysop I have to say this makes me misty. LORD, BRE, etc. those were great games. So innovative for the time. I think I still enjoyed playing MUDs more than any graphical games today.
Damn if that isn't true. I ran a head-node for fidonet too, damn if I didn't love BRE. It was probably the first game I played as a kid that got me involved in a larger community, the board I used to play on used to have a get together for weekly strategy meetings.

Damned gooiekablooies: You send 11000 Jets, 7438 make it back.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

1. Re: Memorial Interviews Sep 1, 2014, 12:25 Cutter

As an ex-BBS sysop I have to say this makes me misty. LORD, BRE, etc. those were great games. So innovative for the time. I think I still enjoyed playing MUDs more than any graphical games today.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo