Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is now available for pre-purchase on Steam, as noted by Steam News. The game's Steam page therefore now reveals the preorder bonuses for the sci-fi turn-based strategy game:

Pre-purchase Sid Meierís Civilization: Beyond Earth and receive the Exoplanets Map Pack for free.

The Exoplanets Map Pack includes six custom maps inspired by real-world exoplanets. Specialized scripts produce randomized geographic layouts each time a new game begins, allowing for even more replayability on new alien worlds.

• Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets.
  • Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to the solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planetís settlement are well-preserved.
  • Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources.
  • Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness.
  • 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces.
  • Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 21, 2014, 14:34 DG

Hmm, I should wait for the sale. I have so many games unplayed already and Civ games always get a lot better with patches - moreso with expansions.

But it's Civ...

edit: and it's 25% pre purchase, hmm Civ games usually take a long time to get sales higher than that IIRC.

edit2: 25% off a £40 price when Amazon sell for <£30 anyway...

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2014, 13:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 21, 2014, 09:21 Quboid

InBlack wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 06:48:
I skipped the last civilization, but as a hardcore Sci-Fi fan as well as a fan of the original Alpha-Centauri Im most probably getting this is soon as its released and Ive read some word-of mouth reviews. I have little doubt that its going to be a fine game, but in today's day and age of, its better to be safe than sorry. So, no preorder for me.

The assumption seems to be that this is Civ V meets Alpha Centauri. I hope so, having loved both those games, but that seems like a risky assumption to make and I'm not going to preorder either. I expect it will be like Civ V but there's no guarantee that it will be like SMAC aside from the general setting.

7. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 21, 2014, 06:48 InBlack

I skipped the last civilization, but as a hardcore Sci-Fi fan as well as a fan of the original Alpha-Centauri Im most probably getting this is soon as its released and Ive read some word-of mouth reviews. I have little doubt that its going to be a fine game, but in today's day and age of, its better to be safe than sorry. So, no preorder for me.  

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 21, 2014, 00:54 verybad1

Bastards. They know what I want, and they'll sell it to me. Probably will buy this this weekend. I certainly won't be able to resist for long.  

5. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 23:50 Frijoles

I'm pretty sure I'll buy this at launch, and a very good chance of pre-ordering it. But there's not even a release date yet (not that I know of anyway). Give me a date, and then pimp the pre-purchase goods.

Apparently there is a date now. And it's soonish. I need more money.

4. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 22:14 PropheT

Really looking forward to this one. Going to be a busy fall for games this year...  

3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 19:05 Nate

Easily found a 25% off GMG coupon to use for this pre-order. Excellente!  

2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 18:55 Cutter

Ugh, I may pass on this until Xmas as I'm just way too busy with stuff atm. Plus it'll give time for a few critical patches and issues to get ironed out.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

1. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 17:42 Sho

Cheaper at GMG with their 20% off voucher thingie. Went in on it. Shame there won't be Linux at launch, but then this isn't the kind of game that blows over in the first two weeks.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo