Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details

WBIE announces a Season Pass for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, outlining DLC for the action game that can be purchased in advance. They aren't offering complete details yet, here's what they reveal for now:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) and Monolith Productions today revealed the Season Pass for the upcoming action game, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, showcasing exclusive content that will be available at participating retailers.

The Season Pass includes:

• Exclusive ‘Guardians of the Flaming Eye’ Orc Warband mission
    • Players will face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune
  • Early access to the ‘Trials of War’ challenge series
    • Players will test their skills against select legions of Sauron’s forces in this series of challenge modes and build their legend as gamers post their best score on the Challenge Leaderboard
  • All new story missions with hours of gameplay
    • Lord of the Hunt – Hunt the wild beasts of Mordor as players discover hidden lairs, earn unique runes and face off against powerful monsters
    • The Bright Lord – Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven smith of the Second Age, and battle against Sauron and the might of his forces
  • Access to future content
    • Including runes, skins and additional future add-on content.

View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details
Aug 18, 2014, 19:42
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 19:42
Aug 18, 2014, 19:42

While I am looking forward to this game, Season Pass sales models seem to be in fashion. Next there will be Plants and Zombies Season Pass.

N.B. "Internet Connection Required" - whatever that means.

Aug 18, 2014, 17:53
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 17:53
Aug 18, 2014, 17:53

To heck with these. I'm not sure if I even care about this game yet and trying to sell me on a season pass beforehand speaks to a certain lack of respect the developers and publishers have for gamers.

It speaks to where the focus is of the developers/publishers - on squeezing out every nickel and dime from the players and not on making a new, unique, or fantastic gaming experience.

Sell me on the quality of your game, not how I will be screwed less by locking in my DLC mega pack today. With that mentality, I may as well wait for the $20-$30 GotY Steam sale.
"Let's just get them to buy it now. Maybe we'll patch it later."
Willing to pay for quality and depth,
Ray
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Aug 18, 2014, 17:39
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 17:39
Aug 18, 2014, 17:39

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 16:21:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 15:12:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 11:43:
Seasons passes are up for passing

I know, right? Remember when a game was just a standalone game with no expectation of expansion pack, unless it sold really, really well? Now a game is an excuse to milk as much cash as possible from people. Season passes are just automatic now, regardless of whether it makes sense, is desired by consumers, etc. etc.

All season passes do to me nowadays is make me not want to buy the game at all... I wait until it's on sale with "all content"... for a fifth of the price.

If I want DLC I buy it on sites where it's cheaper than on steam, but often I don't want em at all Especially games like this that you play once and then you are "done" .... I find season passes for something like that absurd. At least back in the old days expansions usually added to the game from the end, so you could continue on after a game ending to experience more.. but now it's as you say, milking the cows for cash.

BF4 is basically the first time I didn't subscribe to the normal buying ways publishers want, bought game for cheap on GMG with a bunch of credit and voucher(just 30€) and ended up buying the DLC I wanted for half of what it costs on Origin.... so I ended up paying less for what I wanted of the game than just what premium alone would have cost...

This exactly. DLC announcements pre-release makes me want to buy a game less. It has the exact opposite effect. Sadly, though, I guess the stats tell them suits otherwise.

And I'm a fucking hypocrite, buying both Island DLCs for Risen 3. The game just can't have enough content for me, though that doesn't make me any less pissed at Deep Silver for keeping content out for DLC purposes. My willpower needs exp -_-

Aug 18, 2014, 16:21
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 16:21
Aug 18, 2014, 16:21

I know, right? Remember when a game was just a standalone game with no expectation of expansion pack, unless it sold really, really well? Now a game is an excuse to milk as much cash as possible from people. Season passes are just automatic now, regardless of whether it makes sense, is desired by consumers, etc. etc.

All season passes do to me nowadays is make me not want to buy the game at all... I wait until it's on sale with "all content"... for a fifth of the price.

If I want DLC I buy it on sites where it's cheaper than on steam, but often I don't want em at all Especially games like this that you play once and then you are "done" .... I find season passes for something like that absurd. At least back in the old days expansions usually added to the game from the end, so you could continue on after a game ending to experience more.. but now it's as you say, milking the cows for cash.

BF4 is basically the first time I didn't subscribe to the normal buying ways publishers want, bought game for cheap on GMG with a bunch of credit and voucher(just 30€) and ended up buying the DLC I wanted for half of what it costs on Origin.... so I ended up paying less for what I wanted of the game than just what premium alone would have cost...

Aug 18, 2014, 16:17
Cutter

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 16:17
Aug 18, 2014, 16:17
 Cutter

Yeah, when I see this sort of crap it says to me that half a game is for sale.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Aug 18, 2014, 15:12
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 15:12
Aug 18, 2014, 15:12

"Even after you've had the COVID-19 vaccine, you still need to wash hands, watch distance and wear a mask because you can still transmit the virus even though you're not going to get sick." - NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins

Aug 18, 2014, 13:11
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 13:11
Aug 18, 2014, 13:11

El Pit wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 12:50:
Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 12:10:
Yup, I hate them. I want my game utterly complete for the original price I'm paying for it. If I need to buy the DLC, I'd much rather pirate them... which means I have to pirate the entire game in order for them to work... which means that buying the game so that I can play a clean game with working achievements would be stupid... which means that although I'd normally buy the game, DLC pushes me over the edge of pirating instead.

If we're not talking about day 1 DLC's but content that will gradually be developed and release months into release, I'm completely fine with that and I even support it if the game still interests me by that time -- which it rarely ever does, though.

Nope, day-1 DLCs are still the biggest scam the game industry has ever come up with and it's kinda curious why there hasn't been an all-out revolt.

The alternative to STEALING the game is to wait for the complete/ultimate/game of the year/whatever version including all the dlcs. Most of the distributors (exception: EA) release the complete versions of their games a year or so later at low prices. See - again no reason to steal stuff.

I agree, and I buy these Game of the Year editions. Like I said: Stay within the normal pricing and I'm all game. I want a COMPLETE game for 45 euros max. Not a dime more. I'm willing to pay for DLC that comes out further down the line.

Aug 18, 2014, 12:50
El Pit

Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 12:50
Aug 18, 2014, 12:50
 El Pit

Quinn wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 12:10:
Yup, I hate them. I want my game utterly complete for the original price I'm paying for it. If I need to buy the DLC, I'd much rather pirate them... which means I have to pirate the entire game in order for them to work... which means that buying the game so that I can play a clean game with working achievements would be stupid... which means that although I'd normally buy the game, DLC pushes me over the edge of pirating instead.

If we're not talking about day 1 DLC's but content that will gradually be developed and release months into release, I'm completely fine with that and I even support it if the game still interests me by that time -- which it rarely ever does, though.

Nope, day-1 DLCs are still the biggest scam the game industry has ever come up with and it's kinda curious why there hasn't been an all-out revolt.

The alternative to STEALING the game is to wait for the complete/ultimate/game of the year/whatever version including all the dlcs. Most of the distributors (exception: EA) release the complete versions of their games a year or so later at low prices. See - again no reason to steal stuff.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Aug 18, 2014, 12:24
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 12:24
Aug 18, 2014, 12:24

Most DLC is made after the core game is content complete (except for pre-order bonuses). I'm fine with season passes that offer this content, especially since waiting for the pass to reach 50% off saves you the most money on the best DLC.

Aug 18, 2014, 12:10
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 12:10
Aug 18, 2014, 12:10

Aug 18, 2014, 11:43
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass Details Aug 18, 2014, 11:43
Aug 18, 2014, 11:43

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older