CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 10, 2014, 15:41:
What DangerDog said. They should really focus on a few very elemental issues like:
- Make keys rebindable goddammit
- Add multi GPU support - People with Crossfire or SLI are still SOL unless they disable one GPU
- Add TrackIR support
- Increase the default FoV of the hangar from the sickness inducing "55" to at least "75" or higher. I don't even want to know how many backers this project has pissed off so far because people were vomiting after two minutes in the hangar.
- Add at least some more basic graphics fidelity customization options. At the moment (without manually editing ini/cfg files) you can only change resolutions and set the game to 'Very High' or 'High' etc.
- Work on the shitty graphics quality of the hangar. The ship models look mostly fine but everything else in the hangar sucks. The lighting is way off, textures flicker due to a lack of AA and AF and so on and so on.
You know, polish what you have and don't dump new shit on the pile of old broken shit. Not a good recipe. One very famous game that failed because of this (among many other factors, of course) was Star Wars Galaxies where they kept dumping new content on top of a broken base game. Not good. Share this fate, you must not.
Count me as someone who got motion sickness in the hanger. And I was able to play Mirror's Edge without getting sick. I traditionally have a cast-iron stomach. There's something about the FOV and all the little rubber-banding physics views that just makes it too much for me.
Oh yeah I forgot. It's an alpha. It could shoot my dog and sleep with my girlfriend and hey, I wouldn't have any right to complain because it's only an alpha.