Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders

Veterans of Vigil Games who were working at Crytek USA after THQ imploded have split off to form a new development studio called Gunfire Games headed by former Crytek USA president David Adams. Crytek's widely reported financial woes helped prompt this move, but Adams explains to Polygon that this was not the only factor in this decision, saying the chance to keep the core of Vigil intact was a prime motivation. Word is they are in contact with Nordic Games about the possibility of returning to the Darksiders series, the not dead action/adventure they developed back in the Vigil days.
View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders Aug 12, 2014, 04:14 Suppa7

Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 16:44:
Great news there. Darksiders 1 and especially 2, rank in my top 10 games of all time.

Darksiders 1 was good, Darksiders 2 sucked pretty bad. It was obvious towards the end especially the game was rushed.

My biggest beef with Darksiders 2 was the tonnes of wasted area and the shit enemies. The funnest part of the game was the arena. It had great art and atmosphere but the combat (as a whole when including enemies) was not challenging or very action packed. They fucked up the story so hard in DS2, let's be honest. Darksiders 2 fucked up and executed the lore/story badly.

DS1 had similar issues but not to the degree of darksiders 2. DS1 > DS2 easily in my books.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders Aug 9, 2014, 19:34 bigspender

Fly wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 16:44:
Great news there. Darksiders 1 and especially 2, rank in my top 10 games of all time. Spectacular adventure games. There are 4 horseman (Fury possibly a woman I think). According to the lore/story, Fury and Strife are the remaining horseman. Hoping the final game/addon? in the series is 4-player co-op; something sort of like how in Far Cry 4 you will be able to call for support from your friend(s)

FYI..for DS1 have to use a Hexedit to increase resolution (2560x1440) for example. Link here, post from "Jago" is the fix:
[url=]http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1154838[/url]

The first one was fun, but I never finished it because I started playing other games co-op. So if they were to ever make the new ones 4 players I'd be keen for it! Beat'em ups are always more fun co-op, just like the old arcade days. And it helps the developers too since they can take more peoples money at the same time

1. Re: Vigil Vets Form Gunfire; Aiming at Darksiders Aug 9, 2014, 16:44 Fly

Great news there. Darksiders 1 and especially 2, rank in my top 10 games of all time. Spectacular adventure games. There are 4 horseman (Fury possibly a woman I think). According to the lore/story, Fury and Strife are the remaining horseman. Hoping the final game/addon? in the series is 4-player co-op; something sort of like how in Far Cry 4 you will be able to call for support from your friend(s)

FYI..for DS1 have to use a Hexedit to increase resolution (2560x1440) for example. Link here, post from "Jago" is the fix:
[url=]http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1154838[/url]

"This is more than anyone can bear, but we will persevere." -Vort
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >