Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta

Those interested in participating Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon beta testing should slither over to the Slitherine website to register their interest. This sounds pretty exclusive, as they refer to "the lucky few" who will help them pave the way for a full release later this year. You can find all the details on this Ben Affleck-free computer wargame on this product page, and here's a quick rundown:
Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon is set during the Second War for Armageddon. In this hex-based, turn-based game developed by Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio, players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines from a variety of Chapters against the Ork invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities. The game features a complex plot, involving known characters from the Warhammer 40,000 universe and while advancing through the campaign, the player will have the ability to carryover his core force from scenario to scenario.
View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 6, 2014, 07:00 Overon

Yeah 40K universe is pretty good. But the way that Games Workshop manages, it will forever be in a niche.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 17:45 eRe4s3r

Overon wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 17:20:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 01:53:
In a sci-fi IP so expansive you'd need 10 books just to set the baseline? And they come up with... orks vs space marines? Mhhh... I want to play Elders on a Worldship... RPG, Mass Effect style, make it happen WORLD!
Worldship? Craftworld! Good day sir.

That's what translated books do to you.. Craftworld, of course! I wonder why the owners of this IP are so massively inept at managing it though. Wh40k could be a major franchise, but.. it's really not. Baffling

12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 17:20 Overon

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 01:53:
In a sci-fi IP so expansive you'd need 10 books just to set the baseline? And they come up with... orks vs space marines? Mhhh... I want to play Elders on a Worldship... RPG, Mass Effect style, make it happen WORLD!
Worldship? Craftworld! Good day sir.

Will it be available on tablets? It looks like shovelware. I hope I'm wrong.

11. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 16:18 Titus

DrSquick wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 09:45:
I assume a big portion of their decision making process is to make sure they don't make a game that will compete directly with the physical table-top game. I would have to imagine at $60 for 4 plastic figurines, that is a massive profit center for them.

Unbelievable that's still their philosophy after 20 odd years! Even if GW never had an original idea by themselves, at least they could take a cue from Skylanders and Disney Infinite and release a 'mature' collectible figurines game tying in with their core business.

10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 14:57 Tipsy McStagger

Space Marine was awesome and the Dawn of Wars were a lot of fun.

In fact, I don't remember an FPS that I had as much fun mowing down enemies since Doom/Doom 2 as I did in Space Marine.

Also side note: Look up Brutal Doom v20 on youtube. It'll make you want to play doom again.

9. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 09:45 DrSquick

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 08:52:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 08:41:
A little disappointed that all they are doing is taking Panzer General and slapping Warhammer 40k sprites on it. Pass

QFT!

Seriously, look at the screenshots. It looks like crap. GW has got to be the most inept licensing-agent ever in the history of video games.

I assume a big portion of their decision making process is to make sure they don't make a game that will compete directly with the physical table-top game. I would have to imagine at $60 for 4 plastic figurines, that is a massive profit center for them.

All the GW stores around me have closed, so I would love a proper simulation of the board game. Imagine the army making being similar to Magic the Gathering-style deck making. Then you go online and the dice rolls and line of sight are calculated for you.

8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 08:52 Eirikrautha

Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 08:41:
A little disappointed that all they are doing is taking Panzer General and slapping Warhammer 40k sprites on it. Pass

QFT!

Seriously, look at the screenshots. It looks like crap. GW has got to be the most inept licensing-agent ever in the history of video games.

7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 08:41 Angrius Maximis

6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 03:00 bigspender

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 22:09:
Love me some Warhammer 40k stuff. Definitely going to buy this even if it isn't that great.

Thanks, now they'll never have a reason to make a good W40K game. There have been like 2 good ones in the last 20 years.

5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 01:53 eRe4s3r

4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 01:49 Fantaz

W40K: Eternal Crusade interests me more, considering it's a shooter. i love me some shooters. but this hex-based, turn-based stuff doesn't do anything for me.  

3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 4, 2014, 23:27 JohnBirshire

I love 40k, but Orks...ugh. Generic fodder, not interesting in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.  

2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 4, 2014, 22:09 Tipsy McStagger

Love me some Warhammer 40k stuff. Definitely going to buy this even if it isn't that great.  

1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 4, 2014, 19:42 djinn

"Ben Affleck-free computer wargame"

Sold!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >