Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 31, 2014, 16:15 SlimRam

Jivaro wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 15:27:
There is a small part of me that feels like she is due some compensation. If she reports it in early December and they don't do anything about it for 2 months....wtf is that?

It's a small part...but I can sorta see her angle. That doesn't mean I think she will win or should win, but I can't blame her for trying.
The problem is most likely Facebook. They are very slow to do anything against another person on there. I have a friend that has been stalked on the internet for over 10 years now, from her ex husband. Well, last month she got tired of it and finally called the police department to see if there was anything that can be done about it. In my state, Arizona, they actually take cyber stalking and cyber bullying threats seriously. Seriously enough that they actually have a cyber department of detectives in the Phoenix Police Department. So, they actually hack into her ex husband's Facebook account, and his old myspace account, and they got a warrant to search his email also. After going through all of this, they actually call her back and tell her that he's really been stalking her and harassing her for over 12 years now and has even made a few death threats to other people about her. So my friend asks the detectives what's the next step in prosecuting this guy? They tell her that he has multiple fake accounts and that they're going to try to IP block all of them by dealing with Facebook. Well, this was a few weeks ago, and so far nothing has been blocked. She asked the detective again what's the hold up, they said its Facebook. Even though the police department has spoke to them directly, they still haven't taken action against him.

So, I suppose the only way to really get things rolling with Facebook is to threaten a multi-million dollar lawsuit?

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 31, 09:07 Re: Morning Legal Briefs Retired
  2. Jul 31, 11:22  Re: Morning Legal Briefs NetHead
  3. Jul 31, 12:06   Re: Morning Legal Briefs SlimRam
  4. Jul 31, 12:32 Re: Morning Legal Briefs Creston
  5. Jul 31, 13:10 Re: Morning Legal Briefs Retired
  6. Jul 31, 13:32  Re: Morning Legal Briefs HoSpanky
  8. Jul 31, 14:56   Re: Morning Legal Briefs Pigeon
  11. Jul 31, 15:52   Re: Morning Legal Briefs jdreyer
  21. Aug 2, 05:02    Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jaxx
  7. Jul 31, 13:51  Re: Morning Legal Briefs Quboid