Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer

A new trailer from Dragon Age: Inquisition takes a look at combat from EA's upcoming action/RPG sequel. Here is their outline of the clip: "Join us for an in-depth look at the multi-faceted combat system of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Learn how to command the battle with a demonstration of both real-time action and the strategic tactical camera."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 15:15 descender

DA:O on the consoles didn't have the overhead isometric view that the PC had, so this seems to be more of the same.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 12:23 Eirikrautha

NetHead wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 20:41:
I think they need to throw in some more epic wank words and phrases because I managed to hold back the vomit until closing flash player. It's better to watch that on mute.

As for the game, I'll be waiting for first hand experience. I don't expect it to be as good as Dragon Age, especially not after that sequel, though it may still end up good.

LOL!!!

Yeah, you'd think that someone cut up every AAA PR promo video script, put the pieces in a hat, and drew out the phrases at random while voicing this clip.

Can I have more "pulse-pounding" action, please, Mr. Dragon Age? Rolleyes

14. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 11:20 Creston

peteham wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 09:32:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 23:34:
Curious to see how useful the tactical mode will be. No doubt the normal difficulty setting will be balanced for the action-oriented approach but will the higher difficulties be more tactical and offer compelling tactical combat scenarios? DA2 failed in the latter regard.
Yep, also with regards to encounter frequency. I distinctly remember playing DA2 on a difficulty that required pausing caused the game to drag on for far too long with the near infinite amount of recycled uninteresting monster closet encounters. Seems to me that trying to make a game both tactical and action'y at the same time will result in sub-optimal mechanics in both departments. This certainly was the case with DA2.

It doesn't have to. They just need to cut back on the frequency of encounters, but at the same time make the encounters you do get more memorable/tougher.

Previous gameplay videos do seem to bear this out, as the PC will be running through open-world (ish) areas and rarely see an encounter. In DA2, there was shit to fight every 2 steps, and every fight got four fucking waves of magical teleporting reinforcements, even though their own lore specifically prohibits teleporting.

I think Inquisition looks pretty great, though the party members seem kinda meh so far.

13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 09:32 peteham

Jerykk wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 23:34:
Curious to see how useful the tactical mode will be. No doubt the normal difficulty setting will be balanced for the action-oriented approach but will the higher difficulties be more tactical and offer compelling tactical combat scenarios? DA2 failed in the latter regard.
Yep, also with regards to encounter frequency. I distinctly remember playing DA2 on a difficulty that required pausing caused the game to drag on for far too long with the near infinite amount of recycled uninteresting monster closet encounters. Seems to me that trying to make a game both tactical and action'y at the same time will result in sub-optimal mechanics in both departments. This certainly was the case with DA2.

12. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 08:47 Quinn

Got some better wifi connection here on vacation, managed to watch the video again on higher resolution. It's not as horrible as I originally thought. Still horrified by the tactical view, and because this indeed seems to be console footage I hope the PC tactical view will be less abominal.

This can be a good mix between DA:O's combat (which, admittedly, was a tad too slow) and DA2 (which was.. well, just crap but with more responsiveness to player input).

Still not convinced at all, even after watching in 720p.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

11. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 07:59 PHJF

Now I see this shit again. All the flashy shit remind me of MMOs, which I definitely don't want to be reminder of when playing a singleplayer game. And what's with the tactical view, really?! When I move my mouse, I don't expect the entire world to move instead of my cursor. What crazy dude decided to make the cursor some sort of unmovable centerpiece while we drag the camera around like we're in a freaking hovercraft!?

Well if those little UI labels were any indication I'd say this was console footage...

Having not followed this game at all, this looks pretty good.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 07:15 Quinn

The earlier trailer finally got me excited. Finally. I saw the gameplay merging into cutscene merging into dialogue options, which I simply worshipped in the ME games, and I was damn near convinced I'd buy the game at release.

Now I see this shit again. All the flashy shit remind me of MMOs, which I definitely don't want to be reminder of when playing a singleplayer game. And what's with the tactical view, really?! When I move my mouse, I don't expect the entire world to move instead of my cursor. What crazy dude decided to make the cursor some sort of unmovable centerpiece while we drag the camera around like we're in a freaking hovercraft!?

From convinced to not convinced. They'd best start showing some very, very impressive story-trailers because every time I watch DA3's combat system in action, I damn near throw up in my mouth.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. No subject Jul 30, 2014, 01:59 Mashiki Amiketo

Mass Effect 4*: With Magic and Swords.

*Red, Green, Blue ending coming in DLC.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

8. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 01:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrm, doesn't look half bad in the tactical view. Definitely a $9.99 buy for me, probably won't jump in anytime near release though.  

7. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 30, 2014, 00:10 Rattlehead

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 19:39:
Fuck that. That looked retarded like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.
??? Are you on drugs?

6. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 23:35 Task

PropheT wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 22:17:

There is no cutscene stuff in this trailer...

So. There is in other trailers.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

5. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 23:34 Jerykk

4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 22:17 PropheT

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 19:39:

Uh, how? It doesn't look anything like either of them. It's basically the tactics from DA:1 mixed with DA:2's action system.

Task wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 19:49:
someone posted a facial animation comparison from games years ago, and now everytime i watch this dragon age trailer, the cutscene stuff seems so jarring with the almost expressionless faces lol

There is no cutscene stuff in this trailer...

3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 20:41 NetHead

I think they need to throw in some more epic wank words and phrases because I managed to hold back the vomit until closing flash player. It's better to watch that on mute.

As for the game, I'll be waiting for first hand experience. I don't expect it to be as good as Dragon Age, especially not after that sequel, though it may still end up good.

2. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 19:49 Task

someone posted a facial animation comparison from games years ago, and now everytime i watch this dragon age trailer, the cutscene stuff seems so jarring with the almost expressionless faces lol  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Jul 29, 2014, 19:39 CJ_Parker

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >