Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Happy birthday Professor Irwin Corey, as the "world's foremost authority" turns 100 today. I would have bet he would be about 120 by now. Anyway, this man ran for president on the Playboy ticket, accepted a National Book Award for Thomas Pynchon, is mentioned in a Robert Heinlein novel, and was married to the same woman for 70 years! Here's to the next 100, professor!

Professorial Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Theft Super Cars.
Donutosaur.
Zombie Riot.
Stories: Why Golfers Buy Hole In One Insurance. Thanks Boing Boing.
Welcome to Williston, North Dakota: America's new gold rush city. Thanks Digg.
Science: Close Encounters Of The Radio Kind- Mystery Bursts Baffle Astronomers. Thanks nin.
Images: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Poster Has an Unfortunate 9/11 Reference.
Media: This Guy Duct-Taped A Go-Pro To His Car Tire. Thanks nin (and Dramamine).
Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool Movie Test Footage Is Heartbreakingly Perfect. Thanks nin.
Adam Savage Incognito at Comic-Con 2014.
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 11:59 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 05:28:
1badmf wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:08:
forgive my cinematic neanderthalism (i'm assuming it's from a movie), but what's that from?!? i really hate not getting a joke, especially an apparently good one.

Don't feel bad. I'm a total ARCHER fan, have seen every epi TWICE, and I still didn't get it. Although, that probably says more about me...

If you don't get the "That's how you get ants" joke, you're not an Archer fan.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 05:28 jdreyer

1badmf wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:08:
forgive my cinematic neanderthalism (i'm assuming it's from a movie), but what's that from?!? i really hate not getting a joke, especially an apparently good one.

Don't feel bad. I'm a total ARCHER fan, have seen every epi TWICE, and I still didn't get it. Although, that probably says more about me...

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 05:25 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 15:24:
SQUEEEE! Ok Batz if ya ever need a babysitter (for the wuppies) let me know. I'll even sorta feed and wash that pink thing in the middle too.

Umm, you DO remember it's an 11 hour trip...ONE WAY. Hell, your babysitting fee wouldn't even cover HALF the gas.

"I survived the 2020 removedpocalypse."

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2014, 00:52 1badmf

haha ok that's pretty good, especially the dead pig.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 20:32 SlimRam

Hey Blue, did you happen to have another Payday 2 Steal-A-Thon? If so, did it go any better or...did you and your crew leave the vaults and jewelry stores empty-handed, nursing your wounds, mainly self-inflicted, with mask hung down low in shame and exhaustion?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 18:44 Retired

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 18:36:
Any fans of Archer should check out Bob's Burgers on netflix...think you'll enjoy the cast.

Seconded. Very tongue in cheek humor. It is great.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 18:36 nin

Any fans of Archer should check out Bob's Burgers on netflix...think you'll enjoy the cast.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 18:29 Retired

The answer lies in one of the best shows EVER  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 18:08 1badmf

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 15:24 The Half Elf

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 12:56:
Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:41:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 09:40:
Went to feed the dogs, and I noticed a few of the food nuggets had escaped the bucket. My wife was right there, so I held some up, and said "this is how we get ants" - the moment was lost on her. Still enjoyed it though....

That's a terrible, terrible waste of high comedy.

In all fairness....she had just got up....and although she likes the show - quotes are often missed. hehehehe

Oh, went to the dog park today with my posse......

SQUEEEE! Ok Batz if ya ever need a babysitter (for the wuppies) let me know. I'll even sorta feed and wash that pink thing in the middle too.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 14:14 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 12:56:

Those are cute, cute dogs.

/deliberately ignores tiny human lifeform.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 12:56 Retired

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 11:41:
Went to feed the dogs, and I noticed a few of the food nuggets had escaped the bucket. My wife was right there, so I held some up, and said "this is how we get ants" - the moment was lost on her. Still enjoyed it though....

In all fairness....she had just got up....and although she likes the show - quotes are often missed. hehehehe

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 11:41 Creston

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 11:39 Creston

Hey Blue, that Last of Us Remastered ad pops over onto the entire screen, and I can't find a way to get it to leave other than to actually close the browser... I don't mind a pop-over if there's an X to get rid of it, but I don't see one anywhere...

This is on firefox. I'll check with Chrome to see if it behaves the same.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 11:30  Blue 

Haha, I would have been right there with you... getting into huge trouble by laughing in her face.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 11:09 garrywong

We have the same problem with our cats. They are more pigs than cats, the pieces of their dry food get flung around all over the place where they eat. I always pick that up right away after they are done eating, but when I'm not home and my gf feeds them she doesn't. And then she asks me where did all the ants come from.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 09:40 Retired

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 08:51 nin

Wasn't yesterday also the 100th year anniversary of WW I starting? I can't imagine living that particular 100 years, and all the crazy stuff that's happened (wars, technology, moon landings, assassinations, music, etc)...

Deadpool footage got pulled BTW...watched it at work yesterday and found it quite entertaining.

edit: Working copy of Deadpool (as of 8:26 anyway) here.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 2014, 09:26.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >