offers a first look at changes in the upcoming version 2.1.0
patch for Diablo III
, saying they are "almost there" and that the "first
major content patch for Reaper of Souls™ is right around the corner and we're
preparing a Public Test Region to give you a hands-on look at the upcoming
changes." In the meantime, they preview the patch, noting that everything they
say is still subject to change. The new features outlined include Seasons and
Conquests, Greater/Tiered Rifts and Legendary Gems, Leaderboards, Combat
Changes, and Cesspools. The significant combat change mentioned is that each
point of Dexterity will now grant one point of armor (accompanied by a
), and they also say healing will be reworked to de-emphasize
globes. There is also word on a
Here's word on how Greater Rifts will work:
While Greater Rifts are a type
of Nephalem Rift, there are some key differences between the two features. In
- You'll race against a clock to fill a progress bar
by accruing monster kills.
- Most monsters do not drop loot; rewards have been
completely shifted to the Rift Guardian.
- This removes conflicting pressure from attaining a
better time versus picking up all your loot.
- Monsters grant differing amounts of progress for
your progress bar; the tougher the monster, the more they fill up your
- You cannot resurrect at your corpse or in town
while in a Greater Rift—only at the last checkpoint.
- Note that, currently, if you die in a Greater Rift
on a Hardcore character, that death will be permanent.
- You cannot use player banners or the Teleport
option if the target player is in a Greater Rift.
- Higher Greater Rifts levels are progressively more
- This difficulty is separate from the standard
difficulty settings (Master, Torment I-VI, etc.)
If you complete a Greater Rift before time expires you'll advance to the next
difficulty level. Should your time be exceptionally good, you might even skip a
few levels! If time instead expires, you'll have reached the end of your current
Greater Rift journey and your best results will be posted to the appropriate