The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details

A new Early Access and Launch FAQ outlines the process of opening The Elder Scrolls Online to the public, beginning with a five-day early access period that kicks off at 7:00 am EDT on Sunday, followed by three-days of early access beginning on April 1st, and the game's launch for all on April 3rd at 7:00 pm EDT, though they warn these times are subject to change. Bethesda also details how to gain access by pre-ordering the MMORPG, warns beta users that there will be wipe before things go live, and explains the workings of various other elements like preorder bonuses, server choices, subscription plans, payment options, upgrade options, and more.
View : : :

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
Mar 26, 2014, 19:05
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details Mar 26, 2014, 19:05
Mar 26, 2014, 19:05

Going to try and respond to some prevalent ideas...

"Not enough content" - There is a ton of content in this game. You can take one character through all three alliance story-lines, too. Not that it matters...Skyrim had a lot less and I know people who are still playing that for the 20th time. Also, I played World of Warcraft at launch and was bored after two months. My server couldn't raid until three months after that, and two further months brought us to the wall again for half a year. I look back and realize I just had nothing better to do.

"Wildstar" - It's not a bad game, but it appeals to a certain part of the MMO audience. ESO has vocally taken a stance against this part with their recent API changes. People who want fully-informed, meticulously choreographed encounters with UI feedback can have that in Wildstar and feel good about themselves. Those who want a more social experience fueled by some exploration and immersion now have an outlet.

"Not ready" - It's not. I've said this for a long time. My estimates for it have improved continuously over time, though. The development team is very vocal, very passionate, and that will make or break the game. I don't know if it'll make it because of how fast they are pushing the game but I do know it's a lot better off than something like SWTOR was at launch because of this.

"Subscription" - People need to remember that this is a multi-platform MMO. Nothing of this scale has even really been tried before. It would be unprecedented if it succeeds. I personally think a flat subscription model is probably not ideal, but I also know that consoles offer the chance for a long tail (Skyrim sales) and if they get momentum it could work. Staggering the console release date means the PC will be a bit of a test platform which is precisely how it should be done.

"Boring/Uninspired" - Anybody expecting innovation in a MMO is...well...a strange person. People play MMOs like any other genre expecting certain mechanics. People want change, but they also want to be comfortable. A big ticket MMO based on the Elder Scrolls is not going to throw caution to the wind and take a chance on something completely new. Theme park? Maybe so. Boring? Depends on your role-play ability. Personally I intend to let Everquest Next fuel my MMO innovation desires.
Date
Subject
Author
Mar 26, 2014Mar 26 2014
Mar 26, 2014Mar 26 2014
Mar 26, 2014Mar 26 2014
      Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Week: Early Access Details
Mar 26, 2014Mar 26 2014
Mar 26, 2014Mar 26 2014
Mar 26, 2014Mar 26 2014
Mar 26, 2014Mar 26 2014
Mar 27, 2014Mar 27 2014