Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans

A thread on the Call of Duty forums and another on Reddit are indications that Activision has been actively banning cheaters from Call of Duty: Ghosts for violating the Code of Conduct for playing the military shooter sequel online. MP1st reports that these seem to be centered on PS3/PS4 players, noting Activision responds that “bans are put in place after an account has been investigated into. Any code of conduct violations WILL result in a ban. The user is responsible for all actions taken on the account." They add that "All bans are final and will not be reversed. Nor do we provide any additional information or specifics in regards to the ban," inspiring a petition requesting that Activision make its banning policies more transparent. In spite of all that, a more recent forum thread says that some users are having their bans lifted, kicking off with this comment: "It seems as if someone has been listening to us because I just checked my account on COD Ghosts and my permanent ban and console ban has been lifted and everything is back to how it was before the ban. It feels good to know that somebody paid attention and that my innocence has been proven. I hope you innocent people out there have also been cleared."
View : : :

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans
Mar 17, 2014, 21:20
Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans Mar 17, 2014, 21:20
Mar 17, 2014, 21:20

Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 15:31:
JayDeath wrote on Mar 17, 2014, 15:06:
It never occurred to me that gamers can be so twisted to buy another copy of the game after being banned for hacking just to hack and risk getting banned again. Those people must be really disturbed and sociopathic.

I suspect that some of the cheaters are just trying to be competitive with their friends who are skilled at the game and it might just be their way of fitting in. On the other hand, many of them are probably mentally disturbed like you said.

They're just griefers, they're not trying to fool people into thinking they're good, they're not trying to be competitive. Many people who enjoy this type of behavior have no problem paying for another copy of the game, because they have to, to keep having their fun. Do a little google-fu and you can find the forums cheaters hang out on easily, you won't find many posts from people asking what hax is best to be competitive.

I've never understood how so many people go off the rails screaming "WHO DO THEY THINK THEY'RE FOOLING!" and the like. They're not trying to fool anyone. The entire point is to ruin the fun of legitimate players. To assume that most cheaters are trying to be competitive is to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the behavior. It's no different than trying to have a debate on a forum with someone blatantly trolling; it's not going to work because they're not there to have a debate, and the fact that you're trying is just entertaining.
NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!
Date
Subject
Author
Mar 17, 2014Mar 17 2014
Mar 17, 2014Mar 17 2014
Mar 17, 2014Mar 17 2014
Mar 17, 2014Mar 17 2014
Mar 17, 2014Mar 17 2014
Mar 17, 2014Mar 17 2014
Mar 17, 2014Mar 17 2014
    Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Bans
Mar 18, 2014Mar 18 2014