Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces that the open beta testing phase is underway for Infinite Crisis, the free-to-play MOBA game based on the roster of DC Comics superheroes and villains. Those who sign up on the official website can join in now, and they offer a new "What Do You Fight For" trailer showing off what to expect. Here's the rundown:
Infinite Crisis is the highly anticipated, free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) with a robust lineup of DC Comics Champions, including Batman, Superman, The Joker, Wonder Woman, and more. With Open Beta, Green Arrow, Aquaman and Mecha Superman join the cast of characters that fans can choose to play.

In Open Beta, players will be able to test their skills on three different maps including the recently announced “Gotham Divided,” a tri-lane map where two universes collide and players can battle across Gotham City and its Multiverse variant, Gotham by Gaslight. Since the beginning of Closed Beta in 2013, Infinite Crisis has gained an enthusiastic fan base and dozens of Champions have already been revealed, offering bountiful choices to players of all skills and styles.

View : : :
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins
Mar 15, 2014, 17:08
Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 15, 2014, 17:08
Mar 15, 2014, 17:08

Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 11:01:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 10:00:
MOBA's are on the decline already, the novelty has worn off.

Dota is the most played game on steam to date, and LOL and Dota 2 were the most popular games in 2013, players also spent more than 3x playing moba's than mmo's and this stat is only widening.

"The success of League of Legends and Dota 2 reinforces another trend DFC observed: the domination by MOBA titles. DFC noted that the MOBA genre is "far and away the largest".

Yep, sure sounds like the 'novelty' has worn off.
What we don't need though is more and more cheap and nasty moba's.

Source

This comment was edited on Mar 15, 2014, 17:15.

Mar 15, 2014, 00:47
Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 15, 2014, 00:47
Mar 15, 2014, 00:47

First/third person MOBA is so much better. I played Smite for a little while, unfortunately the game had other issues... but the limited vision and action-rpg style combat was infinitely more fun than isometric click-fests.

Mar 14, 2014, 18:24
Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 14, 2014, 18:24
Mar 14, 2014, 18:24

To bad the game isn't a first/third person MOBA. I'd play that if it looked like that trailer. Like Arkham style gameplay, all the DC heroes/villians, but with MOBA elements.

Mar 14, 2014, 14:02
Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 14, 2014, 14:02
Mar 14, 2014, 14:02

If we are going by personal experience, folks I know on both sides of the age line you've pointed out play pretty equally. In general, younger people have more time to play, so I'm sure do take up a larger portion of the playerbase but that can be said for nearly any game.

It does draw a different kind of gamer, I think it's easy to get, easy to learn, social and very addictive. I've noticed a higher female ratio playing them too. I personally think while you may be right about people on forums and more mature gaming focused sites may not play them at much... I think it's more about it being easier for casuals to get into than an age thing.

As I said, I've tried MOBA's and it's not really my thing. Circles at work talk about them constantly though and play them while they hang out in skype etc etc. I have a friend that's 36 who has made DOTA 2 his go to game... but his son also plays. Soo many variables here.

Mar 14, 2014, 12:34
Jivaro

Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 14, 2014, 12:34
Mar 14, 2014, 12:34
 Jivaro

It really feels like the deal with MOBAs is simple...there is a huge generation gap when it comes to it's popularity. I know plenty of people that love them and they are all under the age of 30. Most under 25. A majority don't have a full time job, are still in a school of some sort, and are either single or at least unmarried. I am only exposed to this demographic because I have 3 step-children in that demographic. Most of my own personal friends and gaming buddies are over 30, have full time jobs, are married and have kids. I can't think of a one that plays a MOBA on a regular basis, and I can only name one that even likes the genre.

Sure, it's only my own experience and it's filled with generalizations but when I watch a stream, read a forum thread, etc...the overwhelming vast majority of the players seem to fit those criteria unless they are part of the press. This site seems to attract an older crowd, or at least it has seemed that way to me, so it doesn't really shock me that MOBAs don't really grab us by the balls or generate much in the way of positive interest here.

As someone else pointed out though, that doesn't mean the genre is on the decline or burned out. The sales and player stats seem to indicate just the opposite currently. As I have to remind myself continually, us "old folks" just aren't the target audience for whatever is hip in the gaming industry. MOBAs or otherwise.

Mar 14, 2014, 11:50
Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 14, 2014, 11:50
Mar 14, 2014, 11:50

LoL has been number one by more than double on twitch every time I've ever logged in. Just because your (and my) curiosity has been sated with the genre doesn't mean it is on the decline.

I will say though that it will have to be really fun to pull LoL fans away. Personally I think dota2 is the better game, but less popular, people have a hard time giving up their progress and friends in LoL to start over elsewhere.

Mar 14, 2014, 11:01
Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 14, 2014, 11:01
Mar 14, 2014, 11:01

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 10:00:
Too little too late. What a waste of using Turbine skills to bring such a game out now. MOBA's are on the decline already, the novelty has worn off.

MOBAs have been around since the early 2000's. Are you SURE the novelty has worn off? Also, are you sure you know the definition of novelty?

Plenty of people still enjoy MOBAs today. I may give this a try.

Mar 14, 2014, 10:00
Re: Infinite Crisis Open Beta Begins Mar 14, 2014, 10:00
Mar 14, 2014, 10:00

Too little too late. What a waste of using Turbine skills to bring such a game out now. MOBA's are on the decline already, the novelty has worn off.
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older