Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month

Neocore Games announces an April 17th release date for The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II, the second installment in their steampunk action/RPG trilogy. They have opened up preorders on this page, where there are packages that range from the simple $15.00 package with a couple of in-game perks to a $1000.00 edition that includes the inclusion of your name and face in the game, with all packages including instant access to the closed beta. Here's a new trailer celebrating the news.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 11, 2014, 08:31 MoreLuckThanSkill

As with most of the commenters below, I was also a bit underwhelmed by Van Helsing. Of course, I did finish the game, and didn't really feel ripped off or anything for the 7 bucks or whatever it cost on sale...

I will probably get this also once the summer sale hits. They had some good ideas, and hopefully the actual combat will be better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 11, 2014, 07:33 Redmask

Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:24:
I enjoyed the music, atmosphere and banter more than anything else. There wasn't enough enemy variety and Helsing's abilities weren't very interesting to use.

That's how I felt about the game. The mechanics were very simplistic and the game lacked polish. It wasn't bad but I couldn't stay interested long.

10. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 23:24 Jerykk

I enjoyed the music, atmosphere and banter more than anything else. There wasn't enough enemy variety and Helsing's abilities weren't very interesting to use.  

9. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 22:21 HorrorScope

To me ARPG's are all pretty similar if you are just talking PvE and Coop. I like them for what they are, they all seem very similar to me. So I go cheap. Van Helsing was good and cheap.  

8. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:54 PropheT

Efflixi wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:16:
I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Me too, I thought it was very good. I loved the music in the game.

7. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:53 Redmask

Task wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:23:
so this is some annoying F2P game or something?

F2P can burn in hell if so

The Google Search engine is F2P.

6. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:35 Wowbagger_TIP

RaZ0r! wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:28:
The first one was not F2P and it was not bad. I picked it up on sale and it was a decent Diablo like romp, but kinda meh as Cutter said.

I had fun with it. It's a pretty good ARPG. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the second one.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

5. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:28 RaZ0r!

The first one was not F2P and it was not bad. I picked it up on sale and it was a decent Diablo like romp, but kinda meh as Cutter said.  

4. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:26 jacobvandy

Ah, no, regular price is $15 on Steam. It was on sale weekend before last for around $5 or $7.50.  

3. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:23 Task

so this is some annoying F2P game or something?

F2P can burn in hell if so

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

2. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:16 Efflixi

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's meant to be a co-op game. I played with a friend and we had a freaking blast. I had no qualms about paying $50 for the epic pack.  

1. Re: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II Next Month Mar 10, 2014, 20:02 Cutter

Was it just me or did anyone else find VH kind of meh? Art was nice and all, but all in all the game just seemed kinda meh. Didn't have that near addictive quality that Diablo did.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo