State of Decay DLC Plans

The Undead Labs blog offers details on Lifeline, an upcoming DLC pack for State of Decay, their survival/horror game, saying this will "explore new perspectives" as it "exposes the military side of the zombie apocalypse" (thanks CVG). They accurately note that this is a chance to depict the military in a different role than secondary antagonist in such a game:
In zombie fiction, the military is often the go-to badguy. They’re the hammer to which every problem is a nail, blindly mowing everything down to serve some unknown goal.

But this view is fairly one-sided and naïve. On the State of Decay team, we have a different perspective (some of us firsthand) — the military is made up of many good men and women who stand on the line that divides safety and civilization from chaos and war.

Few people have a greater opportunity to make life-altering choices than soldiers. They’ve played that role as side characters in the original State of Decay...but now we are adding a new story, in which you take on that responsibility yourself.
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: State of Decay DLC Plans
Mar 1, 2014, 17:25
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Mar 1, 2014, 17:25
Mar 1, 2014, 17:25

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 20:14:
The world persistence is a non-issue; it will only negatively effect your game if you leave it in a negative state to begin with. If you leave the game alone for more than a day, the amount of time that passes is unnoticeable.

Yah they patch and nerfed the affect. I thought this was a great effort.

Feb 28, 2014, 20:14
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 20:14
Feb 28, 2014, 20:14

The world persistence is a non-issue; it will only negatively effect your game if you leave it in a negative state to begin with. If you leave the game alone for more than a day, the amount of time that passes is unnoticeable.
NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

Feb 28, 2014, 16:19
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 16:19
Feb 28, 2014, 16:19

Darks wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 11:38:
I like the game and how it’s been progressing. But the thing that I really do not care for is that when you stop playing the game. The world is still evolving without you in it. That I do not care for at all.

That's my reason for not buying it. The game should be there at my convenience, not me feeling like I have to play or miss out.

Feb 28, 2014, 15:34
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 15:34
Feb 28, 2014, 15:34

Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 14:21:
I was going to buy this the other day but a lot of the negative reviews dissuaded me with a good argument which seems to be prevalent in these zombie games, and that is they get repetitious very quickly. They all seem to start out well, but after a few hours it all very quickly becomes lather, rinse, repeat...always repeat. Establish safe house. Acquire supplies. Done. There are never any overarching goals. Get somewhere permanently safe. Find a way to end the zombie apocalypse, etc. And games like DayZ and Rust become entirely about griefing or being griefed. No thanks.

actually this one has storyline missions as well as random side quests.. they all tie in somewhat since certain characters are required for some of them and they might die .. also you can choose how things progress to a certain extent

still it does get repetitive after about 15 hours or so

hopefully the sequel can deliver on the promise it shows

Feb 28, 2014, 15:10
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 15:10
Feb 28, 2014, 15:10

For all of its many warts, I loved the game for a solid 20 hours.

There's some depth in how you build your main characters and assuming you can keep them alive. For melee or guns; for running speed or strength. Ditching a weak character is very satisfying and completely in line with the post-apoc world.

Feb 28, 2014, 14:21
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 14:21
Feb 28, 2014, 14:21

I was going to buy this the other day but a lot of the negative reviews dissuaded me with a good argument which seems to be prevalent in these zombie games, and that is they get repetitious very quickly. They all seem to start out well, but after a few hours it all very quickly becomes lather, rinse, repeat...always repeat. Establish safe house. Acquire supplies. Done. There are never any overarching goals. Get somewhere permanently safe. Find a way to end the zombie apocalypse, etc. And games like DayZ and Rust become entirely about griefing or being griefed. No thanks.

It seems they need to get a lot more RPGish. I hope Dead State turns out much better in this regard.
"Joey, do you ever hang around the gymnasium?" - Captain Clarence Oveur

Feb 28, 2014, 12:17
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 12:17
Feb 28, 2014, 12:17

Darks wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 11:38:
I like the game and how it’s been progressing. But the thing that I really do not care for is that when you stop playing the game. The world is still evolving without you in it. That I do not care for at all. The example I can give for this is, i was playing and was in a small town killing and clearing zoms from homes.

I decided to stop playing and came back to the game a few days later and found myself in a new safe house with others. I was like, WTF just happened? I had no idea what was going on or how I ended up here I thought was someone playing my game? That’s when I discover the crap about the world still evolving without you even in the game. Such crap and I would rather that be an option I choose to have on or off.

I played mine with time disabled, I did not notice any effect other than missions would sometimes not pop up when they were suppose to (The minor, secondary optional missions) and it would give me a warning that if I didn't do it soon it would dissapear. Restarting fixed it each time, but they were the side missions that get repetitive anyways.

http://www.zombiestandardtime.com/
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

Feb 28, 2014, 12:11
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 12:11
Feb 28, 2014, 12:11

I hope that they include proper multi-monitor support for the DLC and also add it to the original game. I really like the game but I want to play it on my triple monitor rig and not on my TV.
“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Feb 28, 2014, 11:38
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 11:38
Feb 28, 2014, 11:38

I like the game and how it’s been progressing. But the thing that I really do not care for is that when you stop playing the game. The world is still evolving without you in it. That I do not care for at all. The example I can give for this is, i was playing and was in a small town killing and clearing zoms from homes.

I decided to stop playing and came back to the game a few days later and found myself in a new safe house with others. I was like, WTF just happened? I had no idea what was going on or how I ended up here I thought was someone playing my game? That’s when I discover the crap about the world still evolving without you even in the game. Such crap and I would rather that be an option I choose to have on or off.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Feb 28, 2014, 09:59
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:59
Feb 28, 2014, 09:59

Bought State of Decay a couple of days ago and the wife has been playing it for hours and hours at a time since. She really enjoys it!

Feb 28, 2014, 09:29
Re: State of Decay DLC Plans Feb 28, 2014, 09:29
Feb 28, 2014, 09:29

I had been wondering if any of the new wave zombie games were going to try this approach. Something were you play as the military trying to contain/fix/cure the outbreak before it spreads in the early stages might make a very interesting game. Will be interested to see what they come up with as I'm still liking state of decays base game.
Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older