Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steamships Ahoy - Deadly 30

Deadly 30 is now available on Steam, offering a throwback side-scrolling shooter/tower defense hybrid from a two-person development team. Here's the release trailer and here's word on the game, which is 33% off for the next week: "Can you survive the horror? a retro-style survival horror game developed by the two-man indie team of Gonzossm and Iggy Zuk. Survive 30 days and nights in a zombie-infested world by recruiting companions, upgrading weaponry and fortifying your position."

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deadly 30 Jan 9, 2014, 22:49 Burrito of Peace

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 21:53:
A lot of people are drawing those kinds of conclusions and getting upset that they'd have to pay money for what they used to play for free.

I don't see people getting upset, but I do see people saying "Meh, played the core mechanics...the rest is paid for window dressing" and I think that's valid.

I played Trials, for example, a long time ago when it was a Flash game on the Finnish site, DNA Internet. I have not bought any of the Trials games that have come out as PC or console titles because I have played the core game in its fullest, that being getting a dirtbike and rider with dodgy physics over objects and ridiculously contrived obstacles. Having played two of the titles at a friend's house, I can see that the core game is essentially unchanged from my Flash game playing days.

Now that I've had that experience for free, why would I want to go back and pay for the same core experience all over again?

I don't and apparently a lot of other people don't want to either, hence the comments.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deadly 30 Jan 9, 2014, 21:53 jacobvandy

A lot of people are drawing those kinds of conclusions and getting upset that they'd have to pay money for what they used to play for free. I have no problem with a developer of a quality Flash game getting paid. Same kind of idiotic shitstorms have been swirling about the PC release of Kingdom Rush. That one actually was a free game that is still available on some places, and has been sold for iOS and Android for $1-3, so when they come out with a rebuilt version using Unity for release on Steam at $10, it's the biggest rip-off in history. Nevermind the fact that the mobile-targeted microtransactions were removed and formerly paid-DLC integrated, and that they stopped updating the free web version with features and content years ago... People can be such twats.  

2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deadly 30 Jan 9, 2014, 19:00 coldcut

Looks exactly like a flash browser game I player about 4-5 years ago... Don't remember the name. But then, many Indie games nowadays look, feel and play just like flash games - there are still really amazing and outstanding ones, of course, but this game looks rather dull.  

1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deadly 30 Jan 9, 2014, 17:35 jdreyer

Guns are good, but plants work better against zombies.  

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.
Would you like to know more?

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo