DICE has patched the Windows edition of Battlefield 4
, their military
shooter sequel. The update addresses a number of bugs and issues, though it may
have introduced a couple of new ones, as word is SLI rigs may now exhibit
graphical flickering and the revive bar sometimes gets stuck, two problems they
say they are looking into. In addition to bugfixes, they also promise
improvements to what they themselves refer to as the game's "so-called
'Netcode'." Here's the list of fixes:
- Fix for a crash that would cause the game to
stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems
relating to this.
- Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising
expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these
indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling”
- Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called
“Netcode” (see below for details).
- Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a
vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the
Defense specialization equipped.
- Fix for player tags not always showing when needed
to, resulting in players shooting team members.
- Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
- Fixed the instance where players suddenly would
transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
- Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would
win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in
the revive screen after being killed.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera
after being revived.
- Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being
counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
- Made NVidia 331.82 or later driver versions
mandatory for all players.
- Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have
- Fixed driver version not being properly detected
on NVidia Optimus systems.
- Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing
up the scoreboard.