Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2013, 00:12 Wowbagger_TIP

NegaDeath wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 13:38:
I'm using waterfox now, I usually have a lot of tabs open and I find it's faster than vanilla firefox. I want to like chrome with its speed but I can't bring myself to switch so google can slurp up even more of my data.

TreeStyleTabs is the FF add-on that makes life tolerable for me with my ridiculous tab addiction. I currently have 183 tabs open

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 19:07 GL1zdA

BitTorrent Sync doubles user base in 30 days.
This one is good, but it still has some bugs (says it updated files which I haven't touched for months). I'm using it to augment Dropbox with P2P sync.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 18:32 HorrorScope

Thanks to Chrome all the main browsers went with the default minimalist look. Luckily as stated Fire-Waterfox has all the settings/addons needed to make it work like one wants. What I'm using today, is the best I've ever had for a browser.  

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 13:38 NegaDeath

I'm using waterfox now, I usually have a lot of tabs open and I find it's faster than vanilla firefox. I want to like chrome with its speed but I can't bring myself to switch so google can slurp up even more of my data.  

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 13:01 Ratty

Verno wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 12:37:
I don't know I've found Firefox to get better with each update.
It's not the stability I have issues with, it's the changes they're making - to bring it in line with peoples' ideas of what a modern UI is supposed to be I suppose. Expecting them to change the menu to a ribbon or adding charms and tiles or whatever sometime soon. There is an issue they've been having for nearly a year now where if you open a page in a new window it puts that window in the background about half the time (not all the time, mind you). I've heard it's related to Flash but have never been able to solve the issue. Then they got rid of the ability to turn off javascript. You now have to install an add-on, but the add-on sucks. There's a whole list of annoyances I have, not world shattering but they've added up to just a big pain in the ass and I'm tired of it.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 12:37 Verno

I don't know I've found Firefox to get better with each update. I suggest starting it with a fresh profile to see if that resolves any crashes. GPU acceleration also causes more problems than its worth and I usually turn it off. Beyond that I have yet to find a browser with the breadth of addons and customization that I like as much as Firefox.  

Playing: Beat Saber, Control, Warhammer 2
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 12:17 Ratty

Firefox has become more annoying with each update. I stopped updating it a while ago but I know that's not safe in the long term. Don't like Chrome, won't touch IE. I don't know what I'm going to do but as soon as I figure it out I'm going to ditch it.  

3. Re: Mozilla Dec 6, 2013, 11:21 mag

Over the last year, the browser has taken steps toward being more stable and secure.

I've found Firefox crashing more and more as time goes on. It dies about once or twice a day for me, now.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 09:05 InBlack

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 08:52:
"Darth Vader Posts A Selfie."

"Emperor Takes Picture of Darth Vader Posing for A Selfie"

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2013, 08:52 SpectralMeat

"Darth Vader Posts A Selfie."

Steam: SpectralMeat

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.