Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month

Bohemia Interactive announces a January 21st release date for the second campaign episode for Arma III, their military shooter sequel, noting this will be preceded by the release of some of the episode's new goodies one week from today in an automatic Steam update. They say:
Bohemia Interactive today announced the release date of the second campaign episode for Arma 3. Picking up from where the first episode left off, the campaign is set to continue with the release of the ‘Adapt’ episode on Tuesday January 21st, 2014.

The official campaign for Arma 3, named ‘The East Wind’, unfolds over three episodes: 'Survive', 'Adapt', 'Win'. In the first episode, players were introduced to Ben Kerry, a regular soldier who’s part of a NATO-peacekeeping mission in the Mediterranean. After a botched withdrawal trapped Kerry’s unit on the island of Stratis, in the midst of a flashpoint, they attempt an escape to the neighboring island of Altis.

"While the first part of the campaign focused on the basics of infantry combat, this second ‘Adapt’ episode plays with the other cool features of Arma 3’s sandbox”, said Jaroslav Kasny, Playable Content Lead for Arma 3. "Players will find more open and unorthodox scenarios, and with the help of guerrilla warfare, set out to defeat a much stronger enemy."

Before the upcoming holidays, ahead of the second episode’s launch, Bohemia Interactive will already be releasing the episode’s new sandbox content. Included in this (free) package are 3 additional vehicles for the Altis Armed Forces faction. The Wy-55 Hellcat helicopter has previously seen action with the British Armed Forces, and now provides a maneuverable and armed aerial reconnaissance platform for the AAF. The FV-720 Mora is a tracked Infantry Fighting Vehicle best employed in combined arms warfare. Last but not certainly least, we find the fully new MBT-52 tank, brought in to the round out the faction's war fighting options.

The vehicles, plus other new content such as black versions of the MX rifle family, infra-red grenades and the LRPS sniper scope, will be made available on Wednesday December 11th via an automatic update on Steam.
View : : :
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month
Dec 4, 2013, 17:42
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 17:42
Dec 4, 2013, 17:42

I think Arma 3's development has been a train wreck. It feels more like a mod team than a professional developer. BI's reliance on the modding community is the only thing that has saved the Arma series over the years. Overall they've had very little innovation and the innovation they do have typically comes from copying what modders did in previous games.

Arma 3 feels more like DLC for Arma 2 than a new game. I also don't understand their push to have giant islands. The islands in Arma 2 were fine and you could do tons of stuff with them. I'd rather have several smaller, interesting islands to fight on rather than one giant island that looks the same pretty much everywhere you go.

Dec 4, 2013, 15:28
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 15:28
Dec 4, 2013, 15:28

The first part of the campaign was just plain weird. It was like someone had tried to make COD in the ArmA engine - very linear and heavily scripted - and since that isn't what ArmA is good at (especially scripted sequences), it was mediocre at best.

The massive landscape became nothing more than a back drop, and there was little to no opportunity to come up with your own plan of attack (the thing that ArmA can do really well).

Dec 4, 2013, 14:34
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 14:34
Dec 4, 2013, 14:34

Strango wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:33:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 12:59:
What is an infra-red grenade? A grenade that explodes and gives off a brief pulse of infra-red light or something?

If this was modern day I'd guess it was an IR strobe to mark a position for pilots using NVGs. Since this is a future setting it could either be that or perhaps some countermeasure that blinds out a position so that people using IR optics can't see anything there (like a white out).

I think you nailed it.
“We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.” William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Dec 4, 2013, 13:37
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 13:37
Dec 4, 2013, 13:37

What is an infra-red grenade?
If I was to guess I'd say it's just for marking targets and/or points of interest at night, like for an air attack and such.
On multiplayer servers I remember using something called IR beacons in Arma 2 which I guess were basically the same thing, using them just like a smoke grenade to signal a chopper where to pick us up at night. With IR goggles you can see them from miles away.

Dec 4, 2013, 13:33
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 13:33
Dec 4, 2013, 13:33

What is an infra-red grenade? A grenade that explodes and gives off a brief pulse of infra-red light or something?

If this was modern day I'd guess it was an IR strobe to mark a position for pilots using NVGs. Since this is a future setting it could either be that or perhaps some countermeasure that blinds out a position so that people using IR optics can't see anything there (like a white out).

Dec 4, 2013, 13:06
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 13:06
Dec 4, 2013, 13:06

El Pit wrote on Dec 4, 2013, 13:03:

Next: shark repellant bat spray.

I wish I had that in AC4! Fucking sharks!

Dec 4, 2013, 13:03
El Pit

Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 13:03
Dec 4, 2013, 13:03
 El Pit

Next: shark repellant bat spray.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Dec 4, 2013, 12:59
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 12:59
Dec 4, 2013, 12:59

Dec 4, 2013, 12:47
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 12:47
Dec 4, 2013, 12:47

More and more disappointing, not only did they fail to fulfil their initial promise of delivering a game (it was but a demo), not only did they only delivered a third of the contents on the 2nd release date, but now they reschedule what is only the second part.

Next time I'll just wait until it's actually out there too, I'm a customer and not an investor :p

Dec 4, 2013, 11:20
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 11:20
Dec 4, 2013, 11:20

I've picked this game up when it was in Alpha stage for $30 or so. No regrets on my end.
If there are any devs out there these guys well deserve our money imo.
Even without this campaign there is a shit load of content for this game that users created.
Steam: SpectralMeat

Dec 4, 2013, 09:46
Re: Second Arma III Campaign Episode Next Month Dec 4, 2013, 09:46
Dec 4, 2013, 09:46

Im probably going to get this at some point. When the game is complete. Although I understand their reasons for doing so, I cant support developers who release incomplete products as 'release' versions.
I have a nifty blue line!
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older