Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2013, 22:32 Mad Max RW

Definitely want to check that fanmade Skyrim expansion after having finally solved this ball busting unknown follower "interloper" bug freezing me outside the vampire castle. I gave up on the game for months because of it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2013, 20:26 Beamer

pupsikaso wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 19:23:
Poor guy, he doesn't know what's coming for him. He's going to be rudely awoken from a dream-world that he envisioned AAA game development to be.

He could have been living his dream life if he instead had focused on creating and producing his own games and selling them.

Steady paycheck, millions of people anticipating, large bonuses when those millions preorder, etc., vs no paycheck, knowing that you're one flubbed release away from bankruptcy, having to personally finance your games, etc.

It isn't like creating and producing your own games is lucrative for many, or as rewarding as many make it out to be. It's ridiculously stressful and, like with restaurants, most people fail at it and end up in huge debt.

There are advantages to both sides.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2013, 20:06 The Half Elf

So instead we'd have more mod projects turn into full retail turds? Or have to wait a decade? DayZ and Black Mesa Project come to mind.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

4. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2013, 19:23 pupsikaso

Poor guy, he doesn't know what's coming for him. He's going to be rudely awoken from a dream-world that he envisioned AAA game development to be.

He could have been living his dream life if he instead had focused on creating and producing his own games and selling them.

3. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2013, 15:38 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 10:20:
Cool that another excellent modder landed himself a job in the industry, though going to Bungie is like getting drafted by the Cleveland Browns...

Anyway, good luck to him.

Ok I can understand the Bungie-Console hatred, but the last 'dud' in Bungie's career was ODST, which was still good. Not often you hear of a company buying itself back from a publisher.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

2. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2013, 13:20 Task

I just downloaded that dude's mod yesterday, after I added a bazillion mods to Skyrim yesterday.

Elder Scroll Games - Better With Mods™

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

1. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2013, 10:20 Creston

Cool that another excellent modder landed himself a job in the industry, though going to Bungie is like getting drafted by the Cleveland Browns...

Anyway, good luck to him.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo