Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 18:10 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 14:37:
Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 13:24:
Also it turns out that the "Xbox One version of Xbox Music will be free to gold subscribers" story was a mistake. It's since been updated, the head Xbox One dude said he made a mistake and free/ad supported streaming isn't supported at all, you have to buy a subscription in addition to the XBL subscription.

The only way Microsoft could be more clear about all of this is if they put a banner up across the entire Redmond sky that said "DON'T BUY OUR NEW CONSOLE! WE DON'T FUCKING WANT YOU TO!"

Honestly this has to become a college course on "How not to".

Like the lastest COD, you don't measure how well this game/console is recd by how well it sells. It is the next version/generation, COD will sell like gang busters, but if a lot of people don't like it, it's the next release forward that will suffer. So the bone is going to do well in initial sales for certain just because of LIVE and the reputation the 360 has. Now if the Bone comes up as small as it could. It's the next round that really suffers, there are plenty of people out there that don't have a clue who badly MS has been fumbling.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 17:45 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:52:
I somewhat suspect it's doing things we're not happy with. There's no other reason for it to constantly be so sluggish and the source of so many slowdowns.

That's possible, but don't ever underestimate the laziness of developers. It's also very possible that it's just a terrible piece of shit (code-wise) and nobody feels the urgent need to clean it up because it does what it's supposed to.

Like you said, though, it's giving me something for free that would otherwise cost me thousands upon thousands of dollars, and I love it dearly for that.

Yeah, it's free music. I mean, it's hard to argue with it.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 16:52 Beamer

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:42:
Beamer wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:18:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 14:44:
I have a product for people who aren't willing to pay extra for music on the Failbox. It's called radio/MP3/Spotify/Pandora dear God I could go on and on and on. People who actually pay for Xbone music deserve to have the NSA watch them 24/7.
Speaking of bloated software, Spotify is probably the worst I've ever used. I am a bit afraid of what it's doing, given how slow it runs even when not playing.

Love the service, but that is the single most bloated client I've ever seen. Still use it daily...

Yeah it's pretty terrible where bloat's concerned. On the flipside, it's hard to complain too much about something that's free.

I somewhat suspect it's doing things we're not happy with. There's no other reason for it to constantly be so sluggish and the source of so many slowdowns.

Like you said, though, it's giving me something for free that would otherwise cost me thousands upon thousands of dollars, and I love it dearly for that.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 16:42 Creston

Beamer wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:18:
I have a product for people who aren't willing to pay extra for music on the Failbox. It's called radio/MP3/Spotify/Pandora dear God I could go on and on and on. People who actually pay for Xbone music deserve to have the NSA watch them 24/7.
Speaking of bloated software, Spotify is probably the worst I've ever used. I am a bit afraid of what it's doing, given how slow it runs even when not playing.

Love the service, but that is the single most bloated client I've ever seen. Still use it daily...

Yeah it's pretty terrible where bloat's concerned. On the flipside, it's hard to complain too much about something that's free.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 16:22 Cutter

Blockbuster? Weren't they some company in the before time? In the long long ago?

Wacko

"Lights going out and a kick in the balls. That's entertainment, that's entertainment"

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 16:18 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 14:45 mch

Wait, Blockbuster is still around?  

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 14:44 Creston

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 14:40 nin

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 14:37:
Also it turns out that the "Xbox One version of Xbox Music will be free to gold subscribers" story was a mistake. It's since been updated, the head Xbox One dude said he made a mistake and free/ad supported streaming isn't supported at all, you have to buy a subscription in addition to the XBL subscription.

The only way Microsoft could be more clear about all of this is if they put a banner up across the entire Redmond sky that said "DON'T BUY OUR NEW CONSOLE! WE DON'T FUCKING WANT YOU TO!"

"We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360." - Don Mattrick.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 14:37 Creston

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 14:33 nin

Pigeon wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 12:55:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:28:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 11:18:
Exactly how stupid do you have to be to pre-order something with BLOCKBUSTER to begin with?

Right after I posted my reply, that is what came to mind. Who does that?

I remember thinking that when we were getting stories like THIS.

There is just no hope for some people.

Sounds like they're made for each other.

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 13:24 Verno

Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 12:55 Pigeon

Exactly how stupid do you have to be to pre-order something with BLOCKBUSTER to begin with?

I remember thinking that when we were getting stories like THIS.

There is just no hope for some people.

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 12:14 Julio

They probably paid up front on the whole console too.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 11:51 CrimsonPaw

nin wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 10:33:
Also, did you catch the video for Resogun? Looks delicious!
Those particle effects look sweet as hell, my only hope is that the slowdown during some of those phases are intentional and not due to poor optimization.

~~Crim~~

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 11:28 HorrorScope

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 11:18 Creston

"Hmmm, a business that's already been in administration once, is losing money hand over fist, and that every single financial analyst says is on its last legs and could close any day. I know, let's give them my 400 dollars for a pre-order!!!!"

I mean, for fuck's sake, it's like some people are actively born without brains now.

Classy move by Sony (and apparently MS has done the same thing) to help those imbeciles out.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 10:34 Verno

If I had to guess, I'd say the supplier would ship it out if a location is not close by. This doesn't seem to be your PS3's Sony, this time around they actually give a shit about the customer.

Also, LESS THAN 10 F***ING DAYS!!!!!! Wearing my D-Bag hat, I already sold my second pre-order for a bit of profit. I'll be taking that Saturday off (even though I work a M-F job)!

We're in Vegas from Friday til next Thursday so it works out perfectly, get in and kick back with the PS4 for the weekend. How much did you sell your other preorder for? I reserved one for myself and one for a friend but he changed his mind so I guess I should sell the extra I have no use for.

I've only got Killzone and AC4 on tap but oh well, Resogun looks pretty rad and I've got a big PS3 backlog to catch up on. Dragons Dogma is free with PS+ this month and its a fucking great game.

Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 10:33 nin

CrimsonPaw wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 10:30:
If I had to guess, I'd say the supplier would ship it out if a location is not close by. This doesn't seem to be your PS3's Sony, this time around they actually give a shit about the customer.

Also, LESS THAN 10 F***ING DAYS!!!!!! Wearing my D-Bag hat, I already sold my second pre-order for a bit of profit. I'll be taking that Saturday off (even though I work a M-F job)!

I was on the fence on Killzone, but finally locked it in last night when I discovered it'll have bots as well as a heavily customizable multi mode.

Also, did you catch the video for Resogun? Looks delicious!

edit: Also, Killzone download video, which looks better than youtube.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2013, 10:39.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2013, 10:30 CrimsonPaw

~~Crim~~

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo