Out of the Blue

Thanks for all the kind wishes for Hudson the wonder dog. She continues to seem better on her new medication, and has been eating voluntarily these past two days, which is great. Now I need to get her appetite back to the point where she can actually put some weight back on, as she's pretty emaciated. She's definitely gained back a lot of her fight though, so things are definitely trending in the right direction at the moment.

R.I.P.: Bum Phillips, former coach of Houston Oilers and New Orleans Saints, dies at age 90.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Kingdom.
Sweet Floyd.
Stories: Designer handbag thief Jayne Rand who stole 905 bags jailed. Thanks Boing Boing.
New seats let airlines squeeze in more passengers. Bunk seats? Thanks Slashdot.
Science: Mapping the mutations of twelve major cancer types.
Media: Cats Stealing Dog Beds.
The Pete Holmes Show: Batman vs. Superman. NSFW.
View : : :
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer

Re: Out of the Blue
Oct 19, 2013, 12:46
nin
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 12:46
Oct 19, 2013, 12:46
nin

Very glad to hear about Hudson! We were kinda worried after last nights ItB was empty!

Oct 19, 2013, 13:08
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 13:08
Oct 19, 2013, 13:08

Good news about Hudson.

The airline thing: This is why I only fly when I absolutely have to. I've flown about eight times in the past 10 years. I am tall. I already do not fit in the cramped seating. I swear to God I almost went postal on the flight from Dallas to Hawaii. I could barely walk when i got there my legs and ass were cramped up so bad.

Not to mention that every single damn time I fly I am "randomly" chosen for extra security checks. Come on, assholes, we know it's not really random. Eight flights, eight "random" checks. Uh huh. They see the biggest guy in the line and decide to check him, never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane. They won't check him so they don't appear to be profiling, which is exactly what they are doing to me anyway.

On one flight they seated me directly behind the air marshal. BEHIND the air marshal. Wait, so you guys are so concerned about me that you check me every single time I fly, and then you seat me BEHIND the one guy on the plane with a gun. And you let me have things like a metal pen. And we wonder how planes get hi-jacked.

Oct 19, 2013, 13:40
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 13:40
Oct 19, 2013, 13:40

Great news Blue(s), glad to hear it. Give her a nice pat on her head for me.

Oct 19, 2013, 13:49
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 13:49
Oct 19, 2013, 13:49

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 13:08:
Good news about Hudson.

The airline thing: This is why I only fly when I absolutely have to. I've flown about eight times in the past 10 years. I am tall. I already do not fit in the cramped seating. I swear to God I almost went postal on the flight from Dallas to Hawaii. I could barely walk when i got there my legs and ass were cramped up so bad.

Not to mention that every single damn time I fly I am "randomly" chosen for extra security checks. Come on, assholes, we know it's not really random. Eight flights, eight "random" checks. Uh huh. They see the biggest guy in the line and decide to check him, never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane. They won't check him so they don't appear to be profiling, which is exactly what they are doing to me anyway.

On one flight they seated me directly behind the air marshal. BEHIND the air marshal. Wait, so you guys are so concerned about me that you check me every single time I fly, and then you seat me BEHIND the one guy on the plane with a gun. And you let me have things like a metal pen. And we wonder how planes get hi-jacked.

Yeah, it's a joke really; there is no consistency throughout the TSA as a whole, and it desperately needs to be run and managed better. One of many examples: When you're going through security you're checked for sharp objects that can be used as a weapons, but once through, you can find a nice restaurant, order a steak, and get a 'sharp' steak knife to cut it with..........

Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt
Oct 19, 2013, 16:10
Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt Oct 19, 2013, 16:10
Oct 19, 2013, 16:10

So after the loot hunt is just a straight boring series of "Go to boss X in this area and kill him" and being rewarded with a bog-standard blue or orange drop of no specific value whatsoever, AND after everyone has had to farm about 8 million monsters to unlock the community reward (Miss Moxxi's Creamer), it turns out that in order to get said reward, you NEED TO FUCKING FARM MIDGEMONG TO GET IT.

Fuck Randy Pitchford and Gearbox straight in the fucking ASS. What a bunch of fucking horseshit.

Oct 19, 2013, 16:25
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 16:25
Oct 19, 2013, 16:25

[...] never mind the Arab guy two people behind him who is statistically 100% more likely to cause an issue on the plane.

How do you figure? Maybe "statistically 100%" is different than just "100%" ? I'm not very good with statistics.

I know how to solve this. We could make two lines one for Arabs and one for everybody else. The Arabs would get a thorough search and interrogation and the Persians, Indians, Africans, Whites, Asians, and Latinos could pass through the other line mostly undisturbed.

Oct 19, 2013, 17:16
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:16
Oct 19, 2013, 17:16

Sepharo wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 16:25:
I know how to solve this. We could make two lines one for Arabs and one for everybody else. The Arabs would get a thorough search and interrogation and the Persians, Indians, Africans, Whites, Asians, and Latinos could pass through the other line mostly undisturbed.

Technically, Iranians (ala Persians) and much of north and east Africa are considered "Arabs".
"Just take a look around you, what do you see? Pain, suffering, and misery." -Black Sabbath, Killing Yourself to Live.

“Man was born free, and he is everywhere in chains” -Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Oct 19, 2013, 17:18
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:18
Oct 19, 2013, 17:18

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 17:16:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 16:25:

Technically, Iranians (ala Persians) and much of north and east Africa are considered "Arabs".

No technically they're not. Colloquially maybe.

Oct 19, 2013, 17:39
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:39
Oct 19, 2013, 17:39

Good luck with your dog Blue.

Oct 19, 2013, 17:49
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:49
Oct 19, 2013, 17:49

Good news about Hudson.

I feel your pain. I just spent a month in South Korea and those seats are terrible. And why I just check for cheapest flights since it pretty much doesn't matter which seats you get as they all suck.

And as the the random checks, got to get my first one this time and I can assure you it wasn't random. They went through my bags in San Francisco (and left the lovely note in the middle of my stuff in my bag) and flagged me again to be searched when I got to Canada to have my stuff x-rayed and explained the more solid objects that they didn't want to force open (a bunch of Korean coffee and some gochujang (Korean chili paste)). And after that they went through my tablet to look for "objectional/illegal images". While this might have been random, the grin on the officers face and the immediate question/first words out his mouth being "So, did you go to the Philippines?" tells me it wasn't random but more a profiled search. Assuming if I'm going to an Asian nation then it must be for no good if it's longer then a week or two. (I went to see my GF, which when mentioned was quickly asked if she was an adult...)

My passport only had stamps of South Korea and the US (I have to pass through the US so I get those stamps but don't have to deal with the US-VISIT BS) since I'm not staying). If I went to another country I would have those stamps too or had to sneak across a boarder on a boat... yeah...
*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

Oct 19, 2013, 18:24
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 18:24
Oct 19, 2013, 18:24

I always just have to shake my head every time I go through US customs at the airport. I always laugh at firs looking at people taking off their belts and shoes and then remember I have to as well and just how fucking sadly ridiculous that and the rest of the process is.

Did you pack your bags? Have they been in your sight the whole time? Wtf do you think nimrod? No I didn't pack them because that's my butler's job and he also handles my bags right up until this point. He's a nice chap, name of Muhammad.
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Oct 19, 2013, 18:27
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 18:27
Oct 19, 2013, 18:27

Hi Huddy! Hi Gunnar-man!

Sunny
"Van Gogh painted alone and in despair and in madness and sold one picture in his entire life. Millions struggled alone, unrecognized, and struggled as heroically as any famous hero. Was it worthless? I knew it wasn't."

Oct 19, 2013, 18:33
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 18:33
Oct 19, 2013, 18:33

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 18:24:
Did you pack your bags? Have they been in your sight the whole time? Wtf do you think nimrod? No I didn't pack them because that's my butler's job and he also handles my bags right up until this point. He's a nice chap, name of Muhammad.

Ironically, my GF packed my bags so I was wrong answering what was in my bag during the "random" x-ray of my bag (oddly enough, they didn't notice or care about that).

(She packed it because she's better at that stuff since she's used to travelling the world and knows how to better pack a travellers backpack then I do. She got more in it and more securely then I was able to...
*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

Oct 19, 2013, 19:46
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 19:46
Oct 19, 2013, 19:46

Who ended up fisnihing the BN logo for our Crew? Is it possible to do the background black and then Blue? Or does it not show well? Was thinking about changing our crew color white if we leave the emblem the way it is, just to make it pop more. White box on cars and shirts looks kinda goofy.

As seen here?

Or frame it, that would be better I guess, just add a border around the outside? Don't even know if that is possible.....lame ass tools.

Oct 19, 2013, 19:59
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 19:59
Oct 19, 2013, 19:59

Canadian customs was fun too. I went to Ottawa about 10 years ago to see one of my favorite bands play. (Sonata Arctica) My girlfriend at the time planned the whole trip, packed the bags, and had our entire itinerary. I was basically along for the ride.

The customs agents insisted we be in two separate lines. I tried to explain to them that it would work better at the booths if we were together, but they were having none of it because we were not married.

I got to my agent about the same time as she got to hers.
"How long are you staying in Canada for?"
"Uh, maybe like a week? I'm not sure." I turn and ask my girlfriend in a loud voice, since she is two lines over. "Hey, how long are we staying?"
"Two weeks," she replies.
"Two weeks," I tell the customs agent.
He gives me a look, shakes his head and asks the next question. "Where are you staying?"
"Uh..."I turn and ask my girlfriend in a loud voice, since she is two lines over. "Hey, where are we staying?"
She shouts back a French phrase, because we were staying just over the border in Quebec.
I turn and look at the guy, shrugging my shoulders. "Some French hotel."
He frowns and types in whatever my girlfriend said.
"And what are you doing in Canada?"
"Well, we're here for a concert, and then some tourism."
"Oh, where is the concert?"
I shrug and turn and ask my girlfriend in a loud voice, since she is two lines over."Hey honey!"
"Do you know what?" He interrupts, huffing. "Go stand with your girlfriend, tell them I said it was OK. NEXT!"

Oct 19, 2013, 20:42
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 20:42
Oct 19, 2013, 20:42

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 19:46:
Who ended up fisnihing the BN logo for our Crew? Is it possible to do the background black and then Blue? Or does it not show well? Was thinking about changing our crew color white if we leave the emblem the way it is, just to make it pop more. White box on cars and shirts looks kinda goofy.

As seen here?

Or frame it, that would be better I guess, just add a border around the outside? Don't even know if that is possible.....lame ass tools.

I thought Blue had made a more Vice City'ish logo?

Oct 19, 2013, 21:52
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 21:52
Oct 19, 2013, 21:52

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 20:42:

As seen here?

he did, and it can be changed by all means....I just thoguht a bunch of us running around with the shirts on would be cool....since we can't have RL shirts!

Oct 19, 2013, 23:43
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 23:43
Oct 19, 2013, 23:43

I just wish you could put the logo on other stuff. Just wearing a t-shirt basically removes like 900 items of clothing with which to personalize your dude, all for the sake of the logo. :\

Oct 20, 2013, 05:55
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2013, 05:55
Oct 20, 2013, 05:55

Um Batz, I'll fix the background, but our Crew color is currently Purple, not Blue.

Gonna see if there is a alpha background/transparency.

Oct 20, 2013, 10:30
Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2013, 10:30
Oct 20, 2013, 10:30

Creston wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 20:42:

As seen here?

How to make a transparent background.
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  2  ] Newer