Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack

Steam News heralds the release of the Sid Meier's Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack DLC for Sid Meier's Civilization V. Word is this shakes up the turn-based strategy sequel by randomizing territorial inner-workings, though the outlines of the continents will remain the same. Word is:
The Scrambled Continents map pack includes real geographic locations with special scripts that produce randomized interiors each time a new game begins. While the familiar outline of the continent’s geography stays constant, the inner heart of the world changes each time you play for endless replayability on countless plausible worlds. Maps include Africa, Eastern Asia, North and South America, Western Europe, the Middle East, a thawed Antarctica, new scripted maps for Small Continents and Oceania, plus one map including all of Earth’s continents.
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack
Oct 16, 2013, 16:23
Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack Oct 16, 2013, 16:23
Oct 16, 2013, 16:23

Ok, I'm currently play some Civ Play By E-mail with a few guys for around here (Superlame) and am totally loving it.

I'd like to get some more games going if they are any people who would be keen.

I'll make a Thread under 'popular threads' and if anyone is intersted, please pop in there and let me know/discuss.

Thanks. link - Civ PBEM

Oct 16, 2013, 15:18
Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack Oct 16, 2013, 15:18
Oct 16, 2013, 15:18

Guys, just ignore this and download the 'Perfectworld3' map script off the Workshop. Its pretty amazing.

Oct 16, 2013, 14:23
Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack Oct 16, 2013, 14:23
Oct 16, 2013, 14:23

Well yes, the Earth map is already randomized, with the only constants being the shape and layout of the continents. This pack is a bunch of "zoomed in" real-world locations with more accuracy as to the form of the landmass. Granted, there's not much reason to buy map packs with all the free custom ones out there, but this really isn't much different from the other map DLCs they've put out previously.

Oct 16, 2013, 12:11
Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack Oct 16, 2013, 12:11
Oct 16, 2013, 12:11

This is a confusing add-on as most of this new functionality already exists in the World Builder as you can already regenerate the map during the first turn and you can select standard or balanced resources for each player on said map. Judging by those screen shots, it's not a particularly random regeneration, notice the mountain ranges.

You know what would be a better DLC? A replacement for those awful awful dark and humourless loading screens. Combine that with the nauseating soundtrack and there are two areas that need immediate improvement.

tl/dr: Sid Meiers has great musical taste.

Oct 16, 2013, 10:59
Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack Oct 16, 2013, 10:59
Oct 16, 2013, 10:59

Doesnt this defeat the whole purpose of playing on "Earth" anyway? I agree this is kind of stupid. Except Civ players usually arent stupid so I dont get why anyone would actually buy this.
I have a nifty blue line!

Oct 16, 2013, 10:03
Verno

Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack Oct 16, 2013, 10:03
Oct 16, 2013, 10:03
 Verno

Yeah I generally try to be open to revenue stuff but this is literally just changing around a Python script.
Playing: Dead Space Remake, Chained Echoes, Hi-Fi Rush
Watching: Superstore, The Last of Us, Love Death & Robots

Oct 16, 2013, 09:34
Re: Civilization V: Scrambled Continents Map Pack Oct 16, 2013, 09:34
Oct 16, 2013, 09:34

Are they seriously selling map-scripts as DLC now? WTF?
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older