PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag "Comparable" to Next-Gen

A tweet from Ubisoft's Gabriel Graziani responds to a follower questioning why the PC edition of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag will follow the last-gen console editions, explaining that it is getting the same treatment as the next-generation consoles: "Since PC is capable of delivering a comparable level of quality, we have to put the same amount of work into it." Thanks Strategy Informer.
View : : :
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Sep 24, 2013, 18:08
Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sep 24, 2013, 18:08
Sep 24, 2013, 18:08

WyldKat wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:43:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:36:
I'm very interested to see AC4. Don't really care about the Assassin story anymore, the nautical theme looks like a lot of fun plus PIRATES!

That's exactly how I feel about it.

The sailing bits in AC3 interested me, but I learned they were a bit of a minority in the overall mission structure. Learning that this game is free roaming, free to sail anywhere has me really excited. Sure it lacks the depth and complexity of a true piracy game like Sid Meier's Pirates! but it's as close as we're going to get for awhile.

Sid Meier's Pirates???? Really?! Are you kidding me. You can't be more arcade than that game. You could swap the look of the game with a different skin and it would still work. If you really want pirate games, you need to play the Akela games. Pirates of the Carribean, Age of pirates: Carribean tales, Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships. They're all extremely hard to get into, but are super complex and will give you a real pirate experience. Pirates of the Carribean is one of my favorite games of all time. It has barely anything to do with the movie. They basically changed the name at the last minute for it to sell better :p.

Sep 24, 2013, 17:43
Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sep 24, 2013, 17:43
Sep 24, 2013, 17:43

Tumbler wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 17:36:
I'm very interested to see AC4. Don't really care about the Assassin story anymore, the nautical theme looks like a lot of fun plus PIRATES!

That's exactly how I feel about it.

The sailing bits in AC3 interested me, but I learned they were a bit of a minority in the overall mission structure. Learning that this game is free roaming, free to sail anywhere has me really excited. Sure it lacks the depth and complexity of a true piracy game like Sid Meier's Pirates! but it's as close as we're going to get for awhile.

Sep 24, 2013, 17:36
Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sep 24, 2013, 17:36
Sep 24, 2013, 17:36

Sep 24, 2013, 16:35
Cutter

Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sep 24, 2013, 16:35
Sep 24, 2013, 16:35
 Cutter

Comparible? Far superior is what he means. It'll still be held back. I can live with that, I just want good UIs for PC ports with the new console gen games. No more shitty console Skyrim UIs thanks.
"Well, he’s not a villain Summer, but he shouldn’t be your hero. He’s more like a demon, or a super fucked up god." - Morty Smith

Sep 24, 2013, 15:27
Re: PC Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Sep 24, 2013, 15:27
Sep 24, 2013, 15:27

You gotta admit that Ubisoft has a great nose for doing what their players want. People loved the ship sections in AC3 and nearly everyone I know was impressed simply how they FELT. It felt physical and visceral in a way no other game ever managed to pull off. And for me it was the best part about the game and I was sad when they were over.

Now to make an entire game around that seems to me like a superb idea. Also a ninja pirate, that's a bonus
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older