Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced

Focus Home Interactive announces Space Hulk: Deathwing, an upcoming first-person shooter based on the Space Hulk arm of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000 universe. The Unreal Engine 4 game is in the works at E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy developer Streum On Studio and coproduced by Cyanide, who are not revealing a release date just yet. The Space Hulk Deathwing website is online, offering a brief cinematic teaser trailer to raise anticipation for the game. Here's word:
Space Hulk®: Deathwing™ is a First-Person Shooter experience of Games Workshop’s classic Space Hulk boardgame set in the universe of Warhammer 40,000, developed on Unreal Engine 4 by Streum On Studio, the team behind E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. Published by Focus Home Interactive and co-produced by Cyanide Studio, Space Hulk: Deathwing offers players the chance to experience a desperate battle against Genestealers in the claustrophobic tunnels of a Space Hulk, as they will gain skills, new abilities and new equipment thanks to experience earned during perilous missions.

Today, Space Hulk: Deathwing is being unveiled for the first time through a first teaser of the game: discover this video where a Deathwing Terminator, stranded in a Space Hulk, is being chased by a horde of Genestealers...

Space Hulks drift along the currents of the Warp, the immaterial dimension of Chaos. Made up of gigantic mangled asteroids, derelict ship wrecks and other spatial debris, they sometimes grow to the size of a moon and often contain treasured and ancient lost technologies. However, they are ripe with danger including infestations of the lethal Genestealers.

Players take on the role of a Space Marine from one of the most secret and most feared Space Marine Companies: the Deathwing from the Dark Angels. Strap on your Terminator armour and equip the emblematic weaponry of the Space Marines to overcome the threats awaiting you in the Space Hulk. As a Librarian, you will also master the destructive powers of the Psykers. Your skills and performance in battle grant you Fervor Points, to spend on 4 skill trees allowing you to improve your abilities, unlock new powers, access powerful relics and devastating new weapons.

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced
Sep 4, 2013, 05:51
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 4, 2013, 05:51
Sep 4, 2013, 05:51

SimplyMonk wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 11:44:
Seeing as this is supposed to be a Space Hulk game, if you live longer than 4 seconds with a lone marine, you aren't doing it right. Although, this is supposed to be a Librarian so maybe 6 seconds is acceptable.

Curious if they are going to give you NPC squadmates or just have you fight a hive of neutered and brain dead genestealers to make up for the lack of support.

In all honesty though... Yay for more 40K video games. Here's hoping it turns out well.

Imo a game that is not at all related in any way, apart from the setting, to the board game would be a huge selling point The possibilities are endless with these guys doing it. It might even turn out to be a superb RPG.

And while we speak of Warhammer 40k, where the fuck is the Skyrim-like RPG? Give us indepth lore about all factions, space travel and give us some insight into the civilian societies. Heck, make a alternate lore where there are some peaceful situations, because non-stop combat is seriously the biggest drawback I have with Warhammer 40k (And please never mention that there is lore beyond 40k, seriously, whatever happens after 40k must have been the writers drug induced coma dreams)

Speaking of Space Marine.. I am actually a bit surprised there is no sequel in the making for that. I liked it as well and that would have been an interesting game in a slightly less "ork" heavy setting. And the ending of that.. yeah.

Sep 4, 2013, 01:35
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 4, 2013, 01:35
Sep 4, 2013, 01:35

Prez wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 18:30:
**Personally I loved Space Marine - the combat was visceral and felt so heavy and meaty. The assault pack was great fun too. I wish it had sold better so we could have gotten an improved sequel, but it admittedly had issues.
Agreed. It was probably the best third person action game I played all year. It wasn't perfect, but when it worked it was very enjoyable.

Sep 3, 2013, 18:30
Prez

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 18:30
Sep 3, 2013, 18:30
 Prez

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 15:07:
This won't be AAA, but with Streum On making it, I'm quite interested. Almost guaranteed to be better than Space Marine, at least in the areas that really count. Part of the reason is that I think it'll likely be PC-only.

At first blush I thought this was an expansion for the recently released turn-based Space-Hulk game. I love everything Warhammer 40k**, so I will be following this one with much interest.

**Personally I loved Space Marine - the combat was visceral and felt so heavy and meaty. The assault pack was great fun too. I wish it had sold better so we could have gotten an improved sequel, but it admittedly had issues.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Sep 3, 2013, 18:22
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 18:22
Sep 3, 2013, 18:22

InBlack wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 17:14:
I cant for the life of me figure out why they cant simply remake Space Hulk 2, Vengeance of the Blood angels. Perhaps flesh it out a little bit more by adding some kind of cooperative mode.

Space Hulk begs to be squad based, anything else is pure heresy.

I thought SH2 was a shitty, shitty Space Hulk game. Your Terminators mauled Genestealers in hand-to-hand, and got shot to pieces by regular Chaos Marine schlubs. The squad controls weren't much good, especially compared to the first game, so there wasn't much strategy to it. As an experiment I tried going into hand-to-hand and not pressing any buttons, and it turned out your window for the QTE is like five seconds long.

The first one was pretty excellent, but kind of ridiculously hard and downright unfair when you fail a bunch of dice rolls and a Genestealer marches right up your 8-long firing corridor. Great game, but not for everyone.

Sep 3, 2013, 17:32
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 17:32
Sep 3, 2013, 17:32

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 10:02:
nitpicky stuff first:
46 second teaser trailer.. the actual trailer starts at 19 seconds in, then ends at 33 seconds, everything else is who made the game/logos etc.

I can't think of the last new FPS I played? Maybe Planetside 2? I am seriously in a rut with FPS's.. has there been anything new and good in the last 6'ish months? It's almost to the point where i am going to buy BF4 just because I have no other FPS's to play

I have been playing a lot of Warframe this past week... As in, started a week ago, and I'm obsessive, so many hours... Already farmed Rhino mats, and started building it this morning, so in less than a week...

Already made Scindo, Kunai, loving both, and the weekend event that just past, got a shotgun, that I am loving the hell out of : )

The game has two, fairly large, drawbacks though... Well three if you consider it's 'online only'... The first is the lack of a story... There is a story, but it's minimal... The second, is that it's not friendly to new players. The drop system is random, which is great at times, because people love finding shit, but if you don't get a good run of mods early on, you may never play again. I still don't have good rifle mods (but I had already found good shotgun mods, so another reason I liked the switch).

Anyhow... That's my suggestion, and for anyone that plays, I'm AlamarAtWF, so feel free to contact me for a few missions : )

-Alamar

Sep 3, 2013, 17:14
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 17:14
Sep 3, 2013, 17:14

I cant for the life of me figure out why they cant simply remake Space Hulk 2, Vengeance of the Blood angels. Perhaps flesh it out a little bit more by adding some kind of cooperative mode.

Space Hulk begs to be squad based, anything else is pure heresy.
I have a nifty blue line!

Sep 3, 2013, 15:07
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 15:07
Sep 3, 2013, 15:07

This won't be AAA, but with Streum On making it, I'm quite interested. Almost guaranteed to be better than Space Marine, at least in the areas that really count. Part of the reason is that I think it'll likely be PC-only.

Sep 3, 2013, 14:13
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 14:13
Sep 3, 2013, 14:13

I loved Space Marine, it was a refreshing AAA look at WH40k. The Space Hulk that was released recently is pretty awesome, but that's because I love the board game and old DOS rendition. Outside of that, it's not a really good title truth be told
Playing: Overwatch, FFXIV, Ion Fury
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

Sep 3, 2013, 13:24
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 13:24
Sep 3, 2013, 13:24

Seems odd they are making a FPS right after someone made Space Hulk. I figured this was DLC until I read the details. Deathwing is very cool stuff, when I first started playing 40k I painted my Terminators as Deathwing Terminators. They are part of the Dark Angels Chapter of marines and are considered the elite of the Terminator Squads in all the Chapters. I think they specialize in Space Hulk assaults. (clearing Genestealers out of space ships)

I hope it's good but Space Marine was underwhelming and that came on the heels of DoW2. (also disappointing ultimately) CoH2 is an odd game, didn't buy it, don't want it, so I'm not anxious to see what this becomes.

I do love 40k so I'll give it a look at some point. Terminator Armor was the big thing missing from Space marine, felt wrong to get to the end of that game and not have a 1 on 1, Termi on Termi with that end boss. What they did instead was...sad. A disgrace to the Emperor.

Sep 3, 2013, 13:21
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 13:21
Sep 3, 2013, 13:21

Endless pitch black narrow corridor with the single type of enemies over and over again... Honestly I can't imagine how this could work as an FPS. Sure they may be able to jazz it up heavily to make it more exciting, but then that's not SPACE HULK© anymore isn't it?

Sep 3, 2013, 11:44
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 11:44
Sep 3, 2013, 11:44

Seeing as this is supposed to be a Space Hulk game, if you live longer than 4 seconds with a lone marine, you aren't doing it right. Although, this is supposed to be a Librarian so maybe 6 seconds is acceptable.

Curious if they are going to give you NPC squadmates or just have you fight a hive of neutered and brain dead genestealers to make up for the lack of support.

In all honesty though... Yay for more 40K video games. Here's hoping it turns out well.

Sep 3, 2013, 10:59
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 10:59
Sep 3, 2013, 10:59

That looks goofy as fuck. Did a 4 yo design that character? wtf lmao

Sep 3, 2013, 10:31
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 10:31
Sep 3, 2013, 10:31

Ooh, so that is what Streum On Studio have been working on.
Nice.

Sep 3, 2013, 10:29
Cutter

Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 10:29
Sep 3, 2013, 10:29
 Cutter

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Sep 3, 2013, 10:02:
nitpicky stuff first:
46 second teaser trailer.. the actual trailer starts at 19 seconds in, then ends at 33 seconds, everything else is who made the game/logos etc.

I can't think of the last new FPS I played? Maybe Planetside 2? I am seriously in a rut with FPS's.. has there been anything new and good in the last 6'ish months? It's almost to the point where i am going to buy BF4 just because I have no other FPS's to play

What about stuff like Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon, Call of Juarez Gunslinger? Or do you just mean MP specifically?
"I didn't know you had it in you. Sorry, poor choice of words." - David

Sep 3, 2013, 10:02
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 10:02
Sep 3, 2013, 10:02

nitpicky stuff first:

Sep 3, 2013, 09:14
Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Announced Sep 3, 2013, 09:14
Sep 3, 2013, 09:14

Nice. This is a great fit for Streum On. I loved EYE and it's loaded with stuff influenced by Warhammer 40k.
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older