Steamships Ahoy - Gunpoint

Steam News announces the release of Gunpoint, the platformer (as much as we tried to mistakenly convince the world this is an action/RPG) from PC Gamer's Tom Francis. A playable demo is available, and here's word:
Gunpoint is a stealth puzzle game that lets you rewire its levels to trick people. You play a freelance spy who takes jobs from his clients to break into high security buildings and steal sensitive data. To get past security, you'll need to make creative use of your main gadget: the Crosslink. It lets you see how all the security devices in a level are wired up, and then you can just click and drag with the mouse to wire them differently. So you can connect a lightswitch to a trapdoor, then flick it when a guard walks across to make him fall through.
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Steamships Ahoy - Gunpoint
Jun 4, 2013, 04:08
Re: Steamships Ahoy - Gunpoint Jun 4, 2013, 04:08
Jun 4, 2013, 04:08

Just beat the game. Took me about 4 hours going for ghosting and A+ on every mission. A few of the missions are impossible to ghost through, as far as I can tell. There's one guy you just can't distract or sneak past in those.

Aside from that, I thought it was a lot of fun. The Crosslink mechanic is done well and rewards good planning. The writing is humorous too. I do wish there were more gadgets for ghosting but ghosting is typically a minimalistic affair anyway, so I can't complain too much.

Jun 3, 2013, 23:05
Re: Steamships Ahoy - Gunpoint Jun 3, 2013, 23:05
Jun 3, 2013, 23:05

It's more of a stealth/puzzle game than a platformer. I guess stealth-puzzle-platformer would be the most apt description.

Jun 3, 2013, 21:21
nin
Re: Steamships Ahoy - Gunpoint Jun 3, 2013, 21:21
Jun 3, 2013, 21:21
nin

Launch Trailer!

Also an editor is coming, I believe with Workshop support.

Jun 3, 2013, 21:01
Prez

Re: Steamships Ahoy - Gunpoint Jun 3, 2013, 21:01
Jun 3, 2013, 21:01
 Prez

Tom Francis is making games now? I have always liked his quirky yet charming writing style as a games journalist all the way back from his days with CGM, though he seems to be one of those guys you either love or hate.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older