Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 3, 2013, 09:17 Mr. Tact

*ugh* Leave my email alone, Yahoo. I'll never see your ads anyway, thanks to Ad Blocker.

I need a better email service. Both Yahoo and Google keep pissing me off.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 3, 2013, 08:59 HoSpanky

Grr, now tweak town uses this stupid mobile layout. It's designed to make sure you can only see 4 lines of text on your screen, filling more than half the space with a TT header and an unclosable ad at the bottom. I've seen it on another couple of sites, wish I could set my phone to just tell me not to bother with certain links, as the mobile versions are openly hostile.

Also, google, expand to Indianapolis!

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 2, 2013, 21:19 Vex

There is no reason why speeds should be low in built up areas. The population density is high enough in cities that the infrastructure should be updated much more frequently. Thank goodness Google is doing this, they are one of the few companies with the capital to lay high quality pipe and pay for the permits to do so.  

4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 2, 2013, 20:24 Julio

Google, bring that fiber goodness my way!  

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 2, 2013, 19:27 jdreyer

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 18:51:
Everyone is so sick of the regional telecom monopolies that people are paying Google to do it. Easy to be profitable when your potential customers can cover some of the start-up costs.

I agree. They overcharge and never upgrade. The USA has one of the lowest broadband speeds and distribution percentages in the first world. Then, when municipalities take it upon themselves to rectify the situation, the telecoms sue and lobby to maintain their monopolies.

Stay a while, and listen.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 2, 2013, 18:51 Dagnamit

Everyone is so sick of the regional telecom monopolies that people are paying Google to do it. Easy to be profitable when your potential customers can cover some of the start-up costs.  

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 2, 2013, 16:23 Cutter

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. Also Google has a terrible habit of getting bored with and abandoning projects early.  

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo