Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Saints Row IV Gameplay Video

IGN Video has a new NSFW video presentation for Saints Row IV, showing more of the insane administration of the game's President of the United States following the character's revent unveiling. The clip is narrated by Volition and offers seven minutes of footage from the open-world action sequel, showing off the dubstep gun, the presidential limo (a monster truck), weapon customization, the game's alien enemies, a playable mech, new activities, superpowers, gameplay freedom of choice, and more.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 10, 2013, 13:02 Verno

mag wrote on May 10, 2013, 05:59:
That's good, because I'm pretty sure I heard $30 as the price point.

Maybe with a GMG coupon or something but I highly doubt they will MSRP at $30.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 10, 2013, 05:59 mag

ItBurn wrote on May 9, 2013, 14:54:
This looks like an expansion. It looks exactly like 3. I mean, the whole super powers thing is exactly the same as in the 3rd. The only difference seems to be that there's more stuff in it. If you told me that this was Saint Rows 3, I wouldn't have questionned it. Can't say I blame them, and I can't say that I don't want to play it, but I'm never going to pay 60$.

That's good, because I'm pretty sure I heard $30 as the price point.

22. Re: More Big Picture Details May 9, 2013, 23:08 nin

Linksil wrote on May 9, 2013, 22:48:
SR3 was one of those games i'd be playing and then look around and see the GF sitting there watching because it's just so funny. She hates those types of games, but SR3 got me and her hooked. Over the top action movie is a great way to put it.

One of my favorite side missions

21. Re: More Big Picture Details May 9, 2013, 22:48 Linksil

SR3 was one of those games i'd be playing and then look around and see the GF sitting there watching because it's just so funny. She hates those types of games, but SR3 got me and her hooked. Over the top action movie is a great way to put it.  

Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

20. Re: More Big Picture Details May 9, 2013, 20:45 Prez

SR3 was absolutely brilliant in its stupidity and quite possibly the most fun I've had in a game in 10 years. I was grinning ear to ear on so many missions that I lost count.

This is an insta-buy!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: More Big Picture Details May 9, 2013, 19:54 HorrorScope

Looks good to me!  

18. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 19:29 siapnar

They have to be careful not to develop that syndrome that makes continuous action scenes extremely boring.

It's like watching one of those modern day action movies that has explosion after explosion and never lets up, each one trying to top the next and it just becomes superfluous and nauseating (Avengers is an exception).

Know what I mean?
It's just TOO MUCH sometimes. I find that less is more in some cases, and it's good to space the craziness out in mind-calming intervals.
Pacing - is maybe the word I'm lookin for.

17. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 18:18 nin

OK, video looks awesome!

16. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 16:36 EUTHANIZE

I had read somewhere (probably this site) that the "superhero" powers are when you are in some VR type program. If so I'd imagine in the "real world" you'll still be driving cars, etc.  

15. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 15:38 Retired

yuastnav wrote on May 9, 2013, 12:57:
The danger that you might be too powerful is definitely there and I wonder whether there is going to be a need for cars to get somewhere if you can just use your superpowers to fly there.
Same thing goes for helicopters and what not although it does not look like you can shoot while you are flying but we'll see.

I am definitely still excited but I'll still wait for some reviews before I buy it.

If you watch it again, he is taking no damage and is fully powered. I doubt you can continuously pick things up and use powers......probably was on some dev mode or demo mode/god mode.

14. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 14:54 ItBurn

This looks like an expansion. It looks exactly like 3. I mean, the whole super powers thing is exactly the same as in the 3rd. The only difference seems to be that there's more stuff in it. If you told me that this was Saint Rows 3, I wouldn't have questionned it. Can't say I blame them, and I can't say that I don't want to play it, but I'm never going to pay 60$.  

13. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:57 yuastnav

The danger that you might be too powerful is definitely there and I wonder whether there is going to be a need for cars to get somewhere if you can just use your superpowers to fly there.
Same thing goes for helicopters and what not although it does not look like you can shoot while you are flying but we'll see.

I am definitely still excited but I'll still wait for some reviews before I buy it.

12. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:40 Creston

Proudfoot wrote on May 9, 2013, 12:35:
From what I've seen, the superpowers are to fight the aliens. So its likely that the street cops and other human forces won't be much trouble, but the main bad guys are gonna hurt.

He seemed to be rolling through the aliens without any difficulty, imo. Then again, this was also the case in SR3 versus the normal gang footsoldiers, so it probably evens out. The miniboss alien looks pretty cool, let's hope he can actually do the building jumping and all that other shit as well.

netnerd85 wrote on May 9, 2013, 12:05:
It's not as bad as Mafia 2 though, such a great city, the BEST city, best atmosphere but omg, nothing to do.

Yeah that was such a weird decision of theirs. Let's make this awesome city, and then give you zero reason to spend any time in it. (nor, for that matter, really much CHANCE to spend time in it.)

Creston

11. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:37 Jerykk

Eh... they're basically just re-using Steelport and adding some new weapons/abilities. Color me disappointed. The fact that this used to be an expansion pack is all too obvious. Seems like THQ just relabeled it as a sequel because they needed money ASAP and sequels sell better than expansions.  

10. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:35 Proudfoot

Creston wrote on May 9, 2013, 11:55:
Fuuuuuccckkk YEAH!

Looks fun, but I'm definitely worried that they're making you waaaaaaaaay too powerful. I just hope that it has a lot more to actually, you know, DO this time around. SR3 was pretty empty, imo.

Creston

From what I've seen, the superpowers are to fight the aliens. So its likely that the street cops and other human forces won't be much trouble, but the main bad guys are gonna hurt.

9. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:05 netnerd85

Creston wrote on May 9, 2013, 11:55:
Fuuuuuccckkk YEAH!

Looks fun, but I'm definitely worried that they're making you waaaaaaaaay too powerful. I just hope that it has a lot more to actually, you know, DO this time around. SR3 was pretty empty, imo.

Creston
Agreed on both those points.

It's not as bad as Mafia 2 though, such a great city, the BEST city, best atmosphere but omg, nothing to do.

8. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 11:55 Creston

Fuuuuuccckkk YEAH!

Creston

7. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 11:36 Beamer

NKD wrote on May 9, 2013, 11:20:
It's pretty clear from watching this that they've done a lot to the game and it's not just a couple extra weapons and enemy skins on the same exact map. But I expect that won't stop the "Waaah its just a DLC pack!" people.

Which is so weird to me, because that didn't happen with SR2, which was the exact SR engine and pretty much the exact SR map, only with new missions, new ideas, and major bugfixes.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 11:20 NKD

It's pretty clear from watching this that they've done a lot to the game and it's not just a couple extra weapons and enemy skins on the same exact map. But I expect that won't stop the "Waaah its just a DLC pack!" people.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

5. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 11:18 netnerd85

Similar move to the Stone Cold Stunner, sweet.

Rocket launcher guitar case :o, now I have to watch Desperado...

That Mech suit is awesome. Looks like a lot of fun.

Clearly a lot more than just DLC has been added, clearly the world is a lot different. There is a lot of gameplay updates in there that would have taken a lot of time to tweak and get right.

I want to play it now, now!

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >