Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

EA Dropping Licensed Firearms

Reuters reports on EA's plans to drop licensed guns from their video games, or more accurately the licensing part, as they still plan to include the guns without the licenses under the fair-use principle, quoting EA's Frank Gibeau saying "A book doesn't pay for saying the word 'Colt,' for example." They say recent shootings and the NRA's attempts to shift blame for them onto the games industry did not factor into this, quoting EA spokesman Jeff Brown: "The response from our audience was pretty clear: they feel the comments from the NRA were a simple attempt to change the subject." They also note that there is currently a preliminary legal action between EA and Bell Helicopter over unlicensed helicopters in the Battlefield series, which Bell says is trademark infringement, and they suggest how the Bell case turns out may reflect on the legality of using the firearms as fair use. The article also states: "Legal experts say there isn't a single case so far where gun companies have sued video game companies for using branded guns without a license." Activision declined to comment when Reuters asked whether they were considering dropping gun licenses from the Call of Duty series.

View
144 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

64. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 09:06 Redmask

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 8, 2013, 09:00:
First, I have family in America. I travel the USA every year.

I have family in Norway, Sweden and Dublin, not to mention aunts and uncles scattered all over the rest of Europe. You know what they say about assumptions.

You really don't see the issue with the working hours example? Maybe that's because you're so goddamn far across the ocean your holier-than-thou stubborness blinds you. The example is a proof of reverse-discrimination or how the hell you'd call it in English: Because the government is afraid to discriminate the demanding muslims, the discriminate the non-muslims instead. Get it now, or do I need to elaborate even further?

I don't need you to elaborate, it was a really limited personal anecdote with little bearing or application here. There are far more important issues that Islamic culture poses in integration with other societies than working days. You know what happens to workers who don't work hard and equivalent hours? They become less desirable applicants and get less jobs, it works itself out in the end.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

63. removed May 8, 2013, 09:00 Eldaron Imotholin

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 8, 2013, 09:21.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

62. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:57 Verno

Holy shit this thread sucks  
Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

61. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:53 Eldaron Imotholin

Yes, InBlack, we are all Africans. But what's with the red herring waggling before our nose? From what I try to translate from it is that you do ask that mind-boggling question I mentioned before.

Do you really think that, because we're basically all the same yada-yada that we should feel totally fine with every new mosque popping up and more and more women -- EVEN Dutch women ffs! -- you see wearing the Scarf of Subjugation? Or let's ask it in a less dramatic fashion: Should I not see it as a concern that I can no longer spot Dutch people in the big cities? Is that not a reason for complaint? It really isn't, in your view?

60. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:53 Redmask

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 8, 2013, 07:47:
Redmask, you from Europe? From France, the UK or the Netherlands? No? Then what the fuck are you talking about? You have no idea.

If only that argument worked in reverse for shutting your big mouth about America but alas hypocrisy is an ignorant mistress. Suddenly Americans can't discuss politics in other countries but everyone else can talk about American politics as if they have a clue.

And Islamification is a racist term? What a dumbfuck comment. Do some research before uttering such nonsense. I slipped, "they breed like cattle" was a bit of a generalization, but the Islamification is fact.

It's xenophobic and yes racist when you 'slip' with 'they breed like cattle'. Your entire argument is based on a few personal anecdotes and frustration with their working hours, forgive me if I'm not convinced that people should be afraid of Islam for that reason.

Talk about the treatment of women in Islamic countries and bringing that culture elsewhere, I can get behind that. The bullshit rhetoric and xenophobia? Nope sorry.

59. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:50 Quinn

[deleted, didn't mean to comment after backspaced]  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

58. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:42 Mad Max RW

Name one other religion where if someone makes a cartoon of their prophet it causes mass riots and death around the world. Why isn't there a Book of Islam playing on Broadway?

And to say the Boston bombers weren't fueled by radical Islam is purely denial.

57. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:42 ASeven

Well, this thread went to shit pretty quickly.  

56. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:36 InBlack

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 8, 2013, 08:02:
InBlack wrote on May 8, 2013, 07:52:
Julio wrote on May 8, 2013, 07:20:
InBlack wrote on May 8, 2013, 06:11:
You dont think that these people will assimilate and moderate their views, in essence become European?

I think there is plenty of evidence to say that they won't assimilate. Most recently being the Boston bombings. Where I live, the immigrant population is over 50%. They don't assimilate. Which is a huge problem when Islam is all about killing us. We should be making our economy work with fewer future residents than bring in as many immigrants.

The Boston bombings had little to do with religion and more to do with a couple of hate-filled sociopathic young adults who thought that they were making history. I also fail to see how an event that happened in the US has anything to do with Europe. Its nothing new in history, and its pure bullshit and its pure propaganda material, served up on a silver platter for the masses to consume. You can justify all sorts of shit when you have an easy scapegoat, that doesnt make it true. I for one find very little of value in Islam or any other religion for that matter, but that doesnt give me the right to discriminate against people who practice it or to automatically assume they are all evil, this is how wars are started. But then again, Im guessing those of you who argue about the 'evils' of Islam, Judaism or any other fate want precisely that.

Where am I saying they are evil? I am careful not to bring up terrorist acts, unlike Julio, but neither does he claim it so.. I think.

Again, you can ask the question: What's wrong with a Islamic Europe when there is no violence? What's wrong with a city where the native people are simply gone or can no longer be easily spotted?

Is that what you're asking? Is that rhetoric the sword in which you charge into this issue?

Actually my main point is that people are fucked up, regardless of nationality, religion or any other creed you want to claim. A psychopath next door who could endanger my family could be black, white, asian, muslim, christian, atheist, whatever...Im saying that it doesnt matter. Its useless to argue that Europe should be reserved just for Europeans because 'Europe' or 'Germany' or 'Netherlands' or 'Great Britain' are all invented terms. Its all bullshit and if you go back JUST 4000 years into the past genetically every single person on this planet is related and shares a common ancestor. Think about that for a minute. Its hard to let go of prejudice because its so much easier to hate than it is to rationaly think things through. Its just as likely that you will be oppressed by a Dutch ultra-nationalist (or even more so) than an Islamic radical. For some reason we are blind or more tolerant when one of "our own" does so but evil (or good) and evil deeds are colorblind and they speak for themselves.

I have a nifty blue line!

55. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:16 Quinn

Don't forget to throw into the fray the actual dogma of the Islam:

They are allowed to lie to non-believers (atheists and non-islamists).
They are not allowed to be friends with non-believers.
They are rewarded for being a soldier, but moreso a martyr, in the jihad.
They are commanded to, indeed, conquer the world with the wombs of their women.
Non-believers are their enemies.

So says Allah. Page after page after page after page after page. After page.

I'm not saying all muslims act to this. Most European muslims are moderate muslims. And religious moderation is the product of secular knowledge and scriptural ignorance. Lets hope that stays that way, or eventually crumbles entirely.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

54. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 08:02 Eldaron Imotholin

InBlack wrote on May 8, 2013, 07:52:
You dont think that these people will assimilate and moderate their views, in essence become European?

I think there is plenty of evidence to say that they won't assimilate. Most recently being the Boston bombings. Where I live, the immigrant population is over 50%. They don't assimilate. Which is a huge problem when Islam is all about killing us. We should be making our economy work with fewer future residents than bring in as many immigrants.

The Boston bombings had little to do with religion and more to do with a couple of hate-filled sociopathic young adults who thought that they were making history. I also fail to see how an event that happened in the US has anything to do with Europe. Its nothing new in history, and its pure bullshit and its pure propaganda material, served up on a silver platter for the masses to consume. You can justify all sorts of shit when you have an easy scapegoat, that doesnt make it true. I for one find very little of value in Islam or any other religion for that matter, but that doesnt give me the right to discriminate against people who practice it or to automatically assume they are all evil, this is how wars are started. But then again, Im guessing those of you who argue about the 'evils' of Islam, Judaism or any other fate want precisely that.

Where am I saying they are evil? I am careful not to bring up terrorist acts, unlike Julio, but neither does he claim it so.. I think.

Again, you can ask the question: What's wrong with a Islamic Europe when there is no violence? What's wrong with a city where the native people are simply gone or can no longer be easily spotted?

Is that what you're asking? Is that rhetoric the sword in which you charge into this issue?

53. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 07:52 InBlack

The Boston bombings had little to do with religion and more to do with a couple of hate-filled sociopathic young adults who thought that they were making history. I also fail to see how an event that happened in the US has anything to do with Europe. Its nothing new in history, and its pure bullshit and its pure propaganda material, served up on a silver platter for the masses to consume. You can justify all sorts of shit when you have an easy scapegoat, that doesnt make it true. I for one find very little of value in Islam or any other religion for that matter, but that doesnt give me the right to discriminate against people who practice it or to automatically assume they are all evil, this is how wars are started. But then again, Im guessing those of you who argue about the 'evils' of Islam, Judaism or any other faith want precisely that.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2013, 08:22.

52. removed May 8, 2013, 07:47 Eldaron Imotholin

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 8, 2013, 09:23.

51. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 07:31 Mad Max RW

Never let facts get in the way of an agenda.  

50. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 07:29 Julio

Redmask wrote on May 8, 2013, 07:21:
Outside of a handful of media examples in the past 20 years we assimilate them a lot more than they do us...It is racist when the person complaining about it offers judgments like 'they breed like rats', it doesn't take a genius to see the judgment and implications there.

They don't assimilate us, they kill us. There's no tolerance for other religions in Islamic countries.

I wouldn't use the words 'they breed like rats', but the fact is that Islamics have much larger families than the average. Maybe "Anti-religionist", but not "Racist".

Unfortunately we'll see who's right in about 20+ years when Islam is the majority religion in North America and Europe. By then it will be too late for us non-Islamics.

49. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 07:21 Redmask

Sure they do, most do in fact. Look at North America as a whole instead of a single radicalized example. Outside of a handful of media examples in the past 20 years we assimilate them a lot more than they do us.

Islam isn't a race. So it's not racist.

It is racist when the person complaining about it offers judgments like 'they breed like rats', it doesn't take a genius to see the judgment and implications there.

48. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 07:21 Julio

Redmask wrote on May 8, 2013, 07:19:
Islamification is just racist crap

Islam isn't a race. So it's not racist.

47. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 07:20 Julio

46. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 07:19 Redmask

Dont worry Im sure he will join the local SA soon enough right after he votes for Wilder's latest neo-nazi creation. Europe being populated by people of east-european/mideastern descent is nothing new or threatening. Its got nothing to do with religion either. These are immigration policies initiated by dropping population numbers since the 1950s at least. In fact these policies are essential as the indigenous european population is getting older, more wealthier and the birth rate is below the death rate. If you dont believe me, look it up. Without immigration europe's economies would have ground to a halt long before this latest 'depression' hit.

Islamification is just racist crap, hilarious that the pro-Euro people who proclaim how great it is over there are the ones crying about it. Countries like Canada and the US have several generations of immigrants and still have their own identity.

45. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 06:11 InBlack

mag wrote on May 8, 2013, 04:55:
Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 8, 2013, 04:47:
No shit I'm afraid?! Do you live in Europe? If so, look around. They breed like cattle. Go the The Hague in the Netherlands, and I'll guarantee you that you will have a hard time spotting actual Dutch people. Now, if we don't talk about the increase in violence and say that The Hague isn't per se a violent place, we can debate why hardly spotting Dutch people is a bad thing, but that's just hitting philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question.

This... Islamophobia that you imply, is a term that doesn't exist, because a phobia implies an irrational fear. Seeing Islamic families of 8+ children; a people who's holy book demands them to "conquer the earth with the wombs of your women" and be a soldier of the jihad ( which is NOT simply a "spiritual war")... then fuck yes I'm afraid. I'm frustrated. I'm angry.

Nonsense & rubbish? No. Not at all.

Maybe if you had more guns you could shoot Islam.

Dont worry Im sure he will join the local SA soon enough right after he votes for Wilder's latest neo-nazi creation. Europe being populated by people of east-european/mideastern descent is nothing new or threatening. Its got nothing to do with religion either. These are immigration policies initiated by dropping population numbers since the 1950s at least. In fact these policies are essential as the indigenous european population is getting older, more wealthier and the birth rate is below the death rate. If you dont believe me, look it up. Without immigration europe's economies would have ground to a halt long before this latest 'depression' hit.

And one other thing Eldaron, do you really think that Islamification is whats going to happen to Europe? You dont think that these people will assimilate and moderate their views, in essence become European? Religion is dying in the west, no matter what anyone wants or thinks this is fact and even though Islam is still going strong in the middle east, it wont be immune to the fate that all religions suffer in our 'global' village.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2013, 06:23.

144 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo