Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's accounting of the 10 bestselling games on Steam for this past week:

1. Tomb Raider
  2. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  3. Star Wars Collection
  4. StarDrive
  5. Dead Island: Riptide
  6. BioShock Infinite
  7. Grand Theft Auto Complete Packs
  8. Age of Empires II HD Edition
  9. Don't Starve
  10. Monaco

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2013, 13:13 Retired

Dev wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:22:
FloorPie wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:18:
That star wars deal looked good until they raised the price friday or saturday. It was $35 or so. Now its up to $50 and the games I'd actually want in the group would be $20 or so cheaper to buy seperately. I'm lazy but not that lazy that I can't go find the old discs to some of those games and try to get them to work in win7.
I already owned nearly all of them from previous deals. I picked up a couple for like $1 or $3 that I didn't have.

I'm disappointed they don't have the lego star wars games on sale though. I still need the clone wars one.

Also:

$53.58 Price of individual games:
$49.99 Bundle cost:

So yeah, if you have 1 or maybe 2 games out of the list of a dozen or so, its cheaper to buy individually. Its because the individual titles are 66% off, but the bundle is only 50% off.
I'll take your word for it that it was $35 earlier.

ever wonder what a game has cost historically, just go to steamprices.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2013, 03:59 InBlack

Just found the minigun (FC3:BD) hehehe. Fucking awesome when you start rocking and Rex starts screaming his lungs out TF2: Heavy guy style....heheh.  

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 21:41 Rhino

I'm very much enjoying Don't Starve, as is my wife. It does suffer from its randomness at times; but I've generally never felt that I was completely screwed by the random map, and that it only required more (and in some cases frantic) exploration before finding a key source of resources. I feel like my successes ARE my successes and that my failures are the result of me not playing well rather than strokes of good or bad luck.  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 20:27 LiTh

Happy about Stardrive's success, i recommend it for anyone interested  

16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 18:22 eunichron

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2013, 17:09:
Ant wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:03:
I guess my ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB) is no good.

I have a 4890 1 gig, 4g ram, and the proc is AMD quad core 3.2ghz and i run the game on high just fine. For $15 it's not much of a gamble and it's not like you can't play it later when you upgrade.

I upgraded to a GTX 680 from an ATI 5870... the gain was in visuals moreso than performance, being able to play on Ultra rather than High settings, but the 680 was a gift so it was no monetary loss to me. I probably would not have paid for one myself... the ATI 4000/5000 and Nvidia 400/500 series cards are still more than viable for this generation of games.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 17:28 Dev

nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:30:
That star wars deal looked good until they raised the price friday or saturday. It was $35 or so. Now its up to $50 and the games I'd actually want in the group would be $20 or so cheaper to buy seperately. I'm lazy but not that lazy that I can't go find the old discs to some of those games and try to get them to work in win7.
They're also out of codes for Empire at War...went ahead and grabbed it for the sale price, but until they get more codes, no new purchases can play...and with LA in an odd state right now, that could take awhile, if ever.

Naw, just because disney closed them down, doesn't mean that they won't have someone doing code stuff. Thats free money, hardly any work required, the games are already done. Some guy somewhere has to hit a key on a program that says GENERATE CODES, then email it to someone. And bang, they can rake in the cash.

Anyway, steam would give refunds if it ended up being no codes forever. So I wouldn't worry about it.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 17:09 Cutter

I have a 4890 1 gig, 4g ram, and the proc is AMD quad core 3.2ghz and i run the game on high just fine. For $15 it's not much of a gamble and it's not like you can't play it later when you upgrade.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:30 nin

They're also out of codes for Empire at War...went ahead and grabbed it for the sale price, but until they get more codes, no new purchases can play...and with LA in an odd state right now, that could take awhile, if ever.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:22 Dev

I already owned nearly all of them from previous deals. I picked up a couple for like $1 or $3 that I didn't have.

I'm disappointed they don't have the lego star wars games on sale though. I still need the clone wars one.

Also:

$53.58 Price of individual games:
$49.99 Bundle cost:

So yeah, if you have 1 or maybe 2 games out of the list of a dozen or so, its cheaper to buy individually. Its because the individual titles are 66% off, but the bundle is only 50% off.
I'll take your word for it that it was $35 earlier.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:21 Wallshadows

Was over at a pal's house and decided to fire up Riptide and I was appalled with how many elements have simply been recycled in to the game. They literally lifted the Prison from the first title and put it in place for the final chapter in Riptide. I don't know if thought they could fool you by adding extra boxes and changing the bars to doors or were rushing to meet a deadline but it blows my mind that it took them as long as they did to essentially release what would have been an expansion from 13 years ago.

No lie, when I fired up the game to try and immediately noticed the familiar layout of the level, I turned to my friend and said 'wtf, did I load the wrong game?' which was followed by a no.

The only thing that was 'new' from my time playing was a chainsaw that dropped off some crazy bitch which I can only assume is the same for the rest of the game. Sure, it's a tropical paradise but after seeing some videos and photos, it's quite clear that Techland put minimum effort to maximize a return on a game which was hoping to leech off of those who bought in to Dead Island.

If I never played the first title, I would say it's alright. I don't mind the endless grind versus the undead because that's the backbone of this franchise. It was rather enjoyable to dice through zombies with a electric Katana but knowing this is all familiar and with such little change, it just felt like a money grab. Bear in mind, this is my opinion after only playing it for about an hour.

It even ends on a rather lousy cliffhanger so I wouldn't be surprised if they already have DI3 underway if they're just going to follow the same recycling methods.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:18 FloorPie

9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:17 Dev

Ant wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:14:
nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:11:
They list a minimum of "512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant" but I doubt it's going to be stellar...

Yeah, that's MINIMUM and not recommended. Ugh. I will wait.
Minimum graphics memory. Not minimum graphics performance. Since ATI is so confusing about model numbers, I have no idea where yours falls in terms of performance.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:14 Ant

nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 16:11:
They list a minimum of "512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant" but I doubt it's going to be stellar...

Yeah, that's MINIMUM and not recommended. Ugh. I will wait.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:13 Dev

nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 15:58:
Ant wrote on May 5, 2013, 15:27:
I need a playable demo. I wonder if my ancient XP Pro. SP3 computer system can handle it.

It's more about your video card. FC3 (engine) is a bit piggish, but looks nice. I'm not having any issues with framerates (gtx 560), but I also went with what it recommended and didn't try and crank everything to max. And it still looks decent, I think.

Easiest way to check is to goto the steam page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/233270
And look at the minimum requirements posted at the bottom of the page (as steam does for all games)

Minimum:

OS: Windows® XP (SP3) / Windows Vista® (SP2) / Windows® 7 (SP1) / Windows® 8
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 6000+
Memory: 2 GB
Graphics: 512 MB DirectX® 9.0c–compliant
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Hard Drive: 3 GB HD space
Sound: DirectX 9.0c–compliant

So yeah, you are good graphics card and OS wise.
BTW they say 3gb of hdd space, but steam says 3.3gb
Shouldn't make a diff to 99% of ppl though.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:11 nin

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:03 Ant

nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 15:58:
Cutter wrote on May 5, 2013, 13:23:
nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 13:07:
Go Blood Dragon! Probably my favorite game of 2013, so far.

Hells yeah, awesome as a possum! I can't believe how anyone can not have purchased and played it by now.
I need a playable demo. I wonder if my ancient XP Pro. SP3 computer system can handle it.

It's more about your video card. FC3 (engine) is a bit piggish, but looks nice. I'm not having any issues with framerates (gtx 560), but I also went with what it recommended and didn't try and crank everything to max. And it still looks decent, I think.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 15:58 nin

Hells yeah, awesome as a possum! I can't believe how anyone can not have purchased and played it by now.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 15:27 Ant

2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 13:23 Cutter

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 13:07 nin

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo