Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access

Focus Home Interactive announces that preorders are now underway for Wargame AirLand Battle, adding that Eugen Systems upcoming sequel to Wargame European Escalation is to be released next month (Steam specifies May 22nd). These are being accepted on the game's website and on Steam, and this advance commitment will grant immediate access to the closed beta test, and there is a 25% discount for those who own the first installment in this real-time strategy series. Here's the deal, which references the visuals in this batch of new screenshots:
Wargame AirLand Battle, the sequel to the explosive real-time strategy game Wargame European Escalation, presents through 6 new screenshots some of its new battlefields, playable right now in early access Beta for all players who pre-order the game on Steam and the official website.

These screenshots show the huge gap separating the former battlefields from European Escalation to those of AirLand Battle. The new maps have evolved a lot since European Escalation: they are more varied, but also richer and more detailed, displaying impressive reliefs and huge urban areas, which all increase the strategic depth of Eugen Systems’ latest game.

The early access Beta gives an exclusive and immediate access to the ‘Destruction’ multiplayer mode, with the first 4 playable maps and pre-made army decks for all 12 nations of the game. Enough to plunge happily into the battle before everyone else, and participate in the last online tweaks before the official start of the conflict next month!

Good news never come alone: a special offer has been specially prepared for Wargame European Escalation players. For their pre-order, all owners of European Escalation get, ontop the Beta access, an exclusive 25% discount on Wargame AirLand Battle pre-order (on Steam and the official website)!

Wargame AirLand Battle will be available on PC in May 2013.
View : : :

Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access
Apr 26, 2013, 15:03
Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access Apr 26, 2013, 15:03
Apr 26, 2013, 15:03

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 09:38:
justice7 wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 09:28:
it doesn't seem to matter what game we're talking about on blues, someone has the blues about it. Every. Single. Game.
Can you show me one game that every single person loves?
Not on Blues in general I mean.

I live for a good RTS game, I loved Act of War, that was a really good game. Many people screamed to these guys to please make a patch to fix the Win 7 x64 issues. That fell on deft ears.

RUSE was a lot of fun, was something complete different from most RTS games. Had a lot of fun with this game.

So, one of my favorite developers comes around and make EE. I though hey, awesome a modern day RTS game. But, we were left with no base building, yes I know it’s not but that does not mean it makes it better. So they implement a buy what you think you will need system. Then make you level up to try and get better units. And on top of that use a supply system that to me is a little flaky because supplies drain incredibly fast. A little too fast. You end up with worrying about supplies rather than playing a good strategy game. I hat micromanaged games, and having supplies in this game is what you get.

Many of my friends who also bought his found it to be too hindered by many of those aspects. Yes, some people live for this type of system. I’m not one of them.
Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Date
Subject
Author
Apr 26, 2013Apr 26 2013
     Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Next Month; Preorders Get Beta Access