Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

A Small Favor Kickstarter

Here's a Kickstarter for A Small Favor, a proposed 2D side-scrolling sci-fi adventure game developer ClickShake Games says will be reminiscent of LucasArts' hand-drawn classics. This will be loosely based on their browser-based game of the same name, which can be found here, but word is the downloadable version "will have an expanded storyline, improved artwork, and hours of new gameplay." They seek $30K to fund the game, which they plan to release this September for Windows and OS X. Here's word:

A Small Favor is a hand-drawn, 2D adventure that combines the gritty, futuristic setting of Full Throttle and Beneath a Steel Sky with the side scrolling sci-fi exploration of Another World. The game’s alien hero—a laser-gun wielding mercenary indentured to a ruthless gangster—craves a new life but is too deep in debt to pursue it. His luck appears to change when he stumbles upon the chance for a fresh start in exchange for just one small favor… but as he soon learns, a small favor can quickly become a big one. With a focus on story, exploration, and creative puzzle solving, the gameplay will rely on wit and lateral thinking—not the usual “try this on everything” inventory pitfalls that haunt the adventure genre.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: A Small Favor Kickstarter Apr 29, 2013, 10:55 SteveCastro

Thanks for the post about our KS, and thank you Will for the pledge! We're hoping to have a demo of our game out this week. Feel free to message me about the game if you have any questions about it.

Steve@ClickShake

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: A Small Favor Kickstarter Apr 15, 2013, 21:49 Dev

I've played the flash game versions and enjoyed them.

For $6 (the early bird price) I'm in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo