Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition?

Amazon.co.uk now lists a PC edition of the Mortal Kombat Game of the Year edition, suggesting the brawler may yet be drop kicked onto the platform. The listing has a June 14th release date, but there is no corresponding listing on Amazon.com or any other seller. Thanks Joao.

View
20. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 18, 2013, 10:30 Trevellian

Theo wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 05:56:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 18:47:
Also... MK9 is one of the most used Fighting Games currently in competition. So it may not be in his top 25, but it is certainly in other peoples top 25. Since it came out it has mostly overshadowed the competitive play of SF4 and Tekken at EVO. It's definitely worthy of a Game of the Year edition regardless of this guys opinion.

Is it worthy of a GOTY? well yes, even for casual fighting game fans; the story mode is just good fun. Utter good fun. Its also packed with features; 2v2 team fights, ladder fights, and the challenges etc.

As for the evo comments, not accurate if you ask me; But it has been taken seriously (and that's pretty much a first for a MK game in recent years) so it is good that they put effort in to the actual mechanics (beyond fun) this time around for more serious players.

The online is still a bit of a lagging mess, but its a lot of fu n once you get around the issues. I tend to buy all fighters on the x360 when they come out, and then on the PC when they get them because ill be able to "keep" them for longer past hardware generations.

Most fighting game ports thus far have been good (capcom), lets hope WB/NR do a good job with this one, can only be a good thing.

EVO Comment was more of an opinion, I was never really into Tekken, I always liked DOA more, it was a shame how long it took 5 to come out. So I sort of felt like MK9 overshadowed SF4 and Tekken as far as how good the competitions were. I watched a lot of great bouts in it last year. I do hope the port is good but I won't be buying it, I have the Kollector's Edition on PS3, so I think I gave them enough money. I will pick up Injustice when it comes out though, it looks great. I like the bit of experimentation they've done with the interactive arenas (One of the things I love most about DOA5 actually, though you can't pick anything up, knocking people through multiple levels of an arena always added a nice change to me)

-C22
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 17, 14:38 Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? ItBurn
  2. Mar 17, 14:39  Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? JohnBirshire
  9. Mar 17, 17:52   Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? ViRGE
  11. Mar 17, 18:47    Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Trevellian
  19. Mar 18, 05:56     Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Theo
>> 20. Mar 18, 10:30      Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Trevellian
  3. Mar 17, 15:16 Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Smellfinger
  4. Mar 17, 15:32 Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Cutter
  12. Mar 17, 18:48  Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? J
  14. Mar 17, 23:21   Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Fantaz
  16. Mar 17, 23:55    Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Rattlehead
  17. Mar 18, 00:04     Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Jivaro
  18. Mar 18, 05:19      Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? InBlack
  5. Mar 17, 15:54 Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? siapnar
  6. Mar 17, 16:30  Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Rattlehead
  7. Mar 17, 16:49   Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? ASeven
  8. Mar 17, 17:31 Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? JohnBirshire
  10. Mar 17, 18:13  Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Jerykk
  13. Mar 17, 20:09 Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Vazz
  15. Mar 17, 23:43 Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? NegaDeath

footer

Blue's News logo