Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?

Ars Technica has details from today's D.I.C.E. Summit keynote by Valve's Gabe Newell and Hollywood's J.J. Abrams where one of the topics was a game/movie collaboration. At one point Abrams says he has an "idea for a game that we'd like to work with Valve on" which inspired the following response from Newell: "We're also interested in working with you guys on movies. We're going to see if we can make a Portal movie or a Half-Life movie."
View : : :

Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
Feb 6, 2013, 18:59
Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 18:59
Feb 6, 2013, 18:59

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:40:
As a Star Trek fan - having watched every episode of every series and every film - I completely disagree. Alternate universes are already established canon and doing so gives him the freedom to reinvent the franchise without contradicting existing canon.

also a fan here, also seen all episodes of all series and movies

and i thought JJs star trek was a piece of shit.. star trek is not "die hard in space!"... the newer one looks better tho

the ending of Fringe was even worse

honestly - the time travel bullshit where someone goes back in time to change something that will "erase" everything that happened previously in the story is such a silly and pointless cliche... its the same thing as if dude had woken up in his bed at the end and said "whoa.... it was all just a dream!"

first of all its really really weak writing, secondly time travel doesnt work like that - you cant "erase" part of the timeline of the universe by going back before a certain event and changing it.. once you leave a timeline, you never come back, you just go on to another one - everything that is left behind goes on from where it is.. otherwise nothing would ever happen to begin with - people dont have their minds calibrated to the correct scale to contemplate these kinds of ideas, its just the modern way of throwing in some "deus ex machina" to a story

JJ needs to get off that shit.. star trek was bad enough - Fringe was pretty good but the last season was a horrible revision of the previous stuff
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 6, 2013Feb 6 2013
  Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?