Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?

Ars Technica has details from today's D.I.C.E. Summit keynote by Valve's Gabe Newell and Hollywood's J.J. Abrams where one of the topics was a game/movie collaboration. At one point Abrams says he has an "idea for a game that we'd like to work with Valve on" which inspired the following response from Newell: "We're also interested in working with you guys on movies. We're going to see if we can make a Portal movie or a Half-Life movie."
View : : :

Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
Feb 6, 2013, 17:40
Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 17:40
Feb 6, 2013, 17:40

ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 16:12:
I liked the new Star Trek as a movie on it's own, but it's a Star Trek blasphemy. They totally destroyed the previous Star Trek legacy. It barely has links, other than character names. It's a dumbed down mindless explosion fest.
As a Star Trek fan - having watched every episode of every series and every film - I completely disagree. Alternate universes are already established canon and doing so gives him the freedom to reinvent the franchise without contradicting existing canon. The lens flare in the film was terrible but overall it was a compelling new addition to the franchise.

As for a Half-Life movie by JJ Abrams, that would be better than giving it to a nobody director. I really liked Fringe (earlier seasons), Lost and Star Trek, so to me it sounds very promising.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 6, 2013Feb 6 2013
 Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?