Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

4. Re: Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries, Highlighting Global Digital Divide. Oct 21, 2012, 20:15 Prez

I'm not one for hating on corporations just for the sake of it (or because they are run by people more successful than I am), but come on... can there be any other explanation to this ever-expanding digital divide beyond a simple matter of powerful corporate lobbies persuading lawmakers to allow arbitrary limitation on affordable broadband penetration throughout the whole US? What else can it be? Or am I supposed to believe that South Korea can do it but a country with the vast resources and know-how of the US can't? I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries, Highlighting Global Digital Divide. Oct 21, 2012, 18:16 mag

LittleMe wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 17:42:
Don't fall for this corporate propaganda. ISP's want government handouts and stimulus money. If people in remote areas want broadband they can solve that problem without putting us more into debt than we already are. Also technology is improving to bring Internet to more remote areas.
\

Nope.

2. Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries, Highlighting Global Digital Divide. Oct 21, 2012, 17:42 LittleMe

Don't fall for this corporate propaganda. ISP's want government handouts and stimulus money. If people in remote areas want broadband they can solve that problem without putting us more into debt than we already are. Also technology is improving to bring Internet to more remote areas.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Re: Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries, Highlighting Global Digital Divide. Oct 21, 2012, 17:29 J

By the time you've read this I have already posted and left!  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo