Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches

The World of Warcraft Website announces that the Mists of Pandaria expansion is now live in Blizzard's MMORPG, allowing players opportunities to get in touch with their inner kung fu pandas. There were launch events last night to led up to the launch, and the website has coverage of the North American launch party, which includes a nearly five-hour(!!) video of the festivities, and there are galleries with launch coverage on Gaming Illustrated and Hardware Heaven. Here's one last official preview covering professions in the expansion, and here's word on the release:

For millennia, the continent of Pandaria has remained hidden, veiled from the rest of Azeroth behind a wall of impenetrable mists. Now the fog is lifting just as warships of the Horde and the Alliance clash off the coast of the lost continent. As heroes from both factions venture onto Pandaria’s shores to explore its ancient forests and cloud-ringed mountaintops, they soon make contact with the mysterious denizens that dwell there… heralding the start of a new era of discovery and conflict for all of Azeroth.

World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™ is now live and available in a store near you! You can also click here to upgrade to the digital version directly through Blizzard. Featuring a new playable race (the pandaren), a new character class (the monk), and an exotic new continent to explore, the new expansion offers a huge variety of content for new and returning players.

Mists of Pandaria is available in a standard edition, Digital Deluxe edition, and retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition. For more information, read the press release, visit the Mists of Pandaria info page, or check out the game guide to learn how to get started on your journey. Returning players might also want to read our recent pre-Mists of Pandaria survival guide to catch up on some of the major changes to classes, talents, and other game systems.

Once you’ve upgraded, level-85 characters will automatically receive a quest pointing the way to Pandaria upon logging into the game. Safe voyage, travelers -- a new world awaits!

View
62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

22. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 11:25 nin

deqer wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 11:17:
Don't let these mother fuckers suck you in, guys.

Yeah, everyone be like deqer! Embrace you inner deqness...what a fine idea!

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1
https://dancewiththedead.bandcamp.com/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 11:23 Creston

sauron wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:27:
nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:02:
Darks wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:01:
Isnt this game dead yet!

It's resting.

It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This MMO is no more! It has ceased to be! Expired and gone to meet its maker! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the release schedule it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Well, not quite. But not Blizzard's greatest moment.

It's an ex-MMO!

Creston

20. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 11:17 deqer

Don't let these mother fuckers suck you in, guys.

19. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:55 Mr. Tact

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:52:
Honestly, guys, it's trying to suck me back in! It's just trying so hard!
I kind of expected it to suck me back in, but I'm sufficiently busy with TL2 and FTL to think I'll be able to resist the urge.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:53 Mr. Tact

Smellfinger wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:32:
Congrats on trading one time wasting skinner box for another.
I'm guessing you are just a troll, because which game is NOT a time wasting skinner box? Isn't that the exact purpose of gaming? Recreation, ie.. fun/joy when you want it.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

17. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:52 Wallshadows

The first level 90 popped up about four hours after the European launch and it only picked up from there.

Honestly, guys, it's trying to suck me back in! It's just trying so hard!

16. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:52 Ozmodan

When they killed the skill trees they killed any chance of me going back to Wow.  

15. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:43 wtf_man

mixma242 wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:22:
(looks up briefly)

*snort*

(goes back to playing Guild Wars 2)

For the people that don't understand why we plug GW2...

Guild Wars 2 Angry Review

'nuff said.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2012, 10:48.

"Did you even read cutters post or are you just suffering from rectal cranial inversion." - RedEye9

14. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:33 mch

(looks up briefly)

*snort*

Hehe. Yeah this one snuck up on me (probably because I haven't played WoW for years).

Just started playing GW2. It seems pretty good.

13. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:32 Smellfinger

(looks up briefly)

*snort*

Congrats on trading one time wasting skinner box for another.

12. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:31 Lokust

And not a single fuck was given that day  

11. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:28 nin

Tim Collins wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:26:
This is the kind of game that people are embarrassed to play nowdays

If you enjoy a game, what does it matter what other people think?

https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/sets/before-the-flood-soundtrack-1

10. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:27 sauron

Isnt this game dead yet!

It's resting.

It's not pinin'! 'It's passed on! This MMO is no more! It has ceased to be! Expired and gone to meet its maker! 'It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed it to the release schedule it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's kicked the bucket, shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

Well, not quite. But not Blizzard's greatest moment.

Kittens!

9. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:26 Tim Collins

This is the kind of game that people are embarrassed to play nowdays  

8. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:22 mixma242

(looks up briefly)

*snort*

7. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:19 Muscular Beaver

1AngryGamer wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:15:
Worse than Cataclysm

And I never thought it could get worse than Cata.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

6. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:18 Tim Collins

This is what u get when u have B team working on a game while A team is workin on Titan.  

5. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:15 Angrius Maximis

I couldnt be less thrilled by an expansion than by this one.

It offers nothing but fucked up skill trees, 1-10 of Panda crap, and some high end garbage that is basically the same shit as every other expansion. Worse than Cataclysm

4. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:11 coldcut

It's resting.
There! It moved!

3. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:02 nin

Isnt this game dead yet!

It's resting.

62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo