Devolver Digital announces LUFTRAUSERS
, an arcade shooter set in the sky they say will be released this year for Windows and OS X and next year for consoles, though they also say it will cost $5,000, humorously noting: "Release date and price subject to change. Here's word:
The skies will be set aflame as indie development thugs Vlambeer and worldwide gaming cartel Devolver Digital join forces on the upcoming stylish arcade shooter LUFTRAUSERS. Ace pilots around the world will be able to customize their very own “rauser” and battle wily enemy fighters amongst the clouds or charge colossal battleships scattered across the open seas.
“LUFTRAUSERS is the only game in which players can build and fly a LUFTRAUSER - the most interesting engineering achievement of mankind ever. Flying one is said to be the most amazing feeling and we wanted to bring that experience to everyone,” said Rami Ismail, co-founder of Vlambeer.
Developed by Dutch duo Vlambeer (Super Crate Box, Radical Fishing) LUFTRAUSERS will revolutionize the arcade-style aerial combat shooter genre with simple controls and deep gameplay.
Brave and Bold – White-knuckle aerial battles against a crimson and cream sky harken back to the pure arcade shooters of the past with tight gameplay, ridiculous combos, and unlimited fun.
Custom Luftrausers – Select from unique weapons, plane bodies, and propulsion systems to radically alter your fighter in over 125 deadly combinations. Each combination changes both how the rauser handles and attacks but also the music soundtrack to your mission.
Confidential Missions – Make your fellow countrymen proud as you take on one of dozens of missions from your commanding officers and face off against rival aces in a dogfight to the death.
Stylish Dog Fighting – Vlambeer’s unmistakable visual style, super tight controls, and the driving beats of DJ Kozilek create a beautifully intense mission each time you take to the skies.
“For every plane that is shot down in LUFTRAUSERS I pledge to personally donate a portion of the profits from the game to an exotic dancer of my choosing,” said Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker. “Call me old-fashioned but I have soft spot in my heart for ladies willing to take their clothes off for money.”
This marks the second collaboration between Vlambeer and Devolver Digital after 2011’s Serious Sam: The Random Encounter. LUFTRAUSERS is set to release on PC and Mac in late 2012 and consoles in 2013 with a price point set at $5,000. Release date and price subject to change.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II Details
Treyarch announces details about a few different collector's editions for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Full details can be found here, and here's the skinny on the PC digital deluxe edition, which carries an MSRP of USD $79.99:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Nuketown Zombies Bonus Map - Battle hordes of Zombies in this beloved 1960s nuclear neighborhood.
- Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map - Relive the close quarters chaos of this classic fan-favorite map re-imagined in a 1960s visionary depiction of the "model home of the future."
- Weapon Camo - Rank-up in style with an exclusive multiplayer weapon skin.
- (2) Player Card Backgrounds - Liven up any killcam with two exclusive player card backgrounds, inspired by Nuketown 2025 and Zombies.
- Official Call of Duty: Black Ops II Soundtrack - A digital copy of composer Jack Wall's epic in-game score with Theme by Trent Reznor.
- Call of Duty®: World at War Game Download Token - A digital download of Treyarch's classic title, traversing WWII storylines from the Pacific to European theaters of war.