Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

PlanetSide 2 Trailer

full "Death is No Excuse" trailer for PlanetSide 2 is now available, offering three-plus minutes of cinematic footage for SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel (thanks Cutter). Here's the accompanying description: "Drop in the middle of the war on Auraxis. Follow the path of one soldier as he powers through the battlefield determined to fulfill his mission. The war is raging, but his mission is clear. Death is No Excuse. The battlefield in the modern warfare epic first person shooter could make you a combat veteran or you could end up with a halo over your head. Just watch this epic trailer that shows you what it is like to go PlanetSide 2!"

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 14:06 DG

Very nice trailer but I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's just a render with no basis in the actual graphical quality or gameplay.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 13:35 Veterator

So yeah.......most of that doesn't seem even remotely possible in the planetside world.

Just basing it off of planetside combat and going with what you see in modern games.

The jetpack stuff, similar to Tribes.

Grenade down top of prowler....no.

Holding onto airplanes and climbing around them....definitely not. That would be an awesome ass feature.

Killing people inside the planes without killing plane...no.

Wrestling...nope.

Falling from great heights and not dieing repeatedly...nope.

Dropping in like that....I've never seen that many drop pods ever.

Cloaks being completely invisible and moving...nope.

Knife killing in one hit....not in PS1. You had to butcher that guy 3-5 times before he'd die and it was remarkably hard to hit them when moving.

If I could pick one thing, it'd be hanging onto in flight ships like a monkey. That would be pretty awesome/fun. Wait on mountains to jump on enemy planes and kill them while you run around on it.

Still haven't gotten my invite.

8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 13:33 Hippie

Creston wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 13:03:
Can you play as the cool cloaking guys at the end? Or are you stuck being either Blue-line uniform guy or Red-line uniform guy?

Creston

Ya the guys at the end are the Vanu and they are the 3rd faction. but all 3 factions have a cloaking class. Vanu are the super technology people with lasers is all.

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 13:03 Creston

Can you play as the cool cloaking guys at the end? Or are you stuck being either Blue-line uniform guy or Red-line uniform guy?

Creston

6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 12:55 eunichron

Lukin wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:37:
We're not supposed to say we've started the beta?...whoops...

Yeah, good game. Yes, cool trailer. But gameplay is nothing like this.

They've supposedly kicked a few people out already, so I'm not taking any chances.

I mean, I'm not not taking any chances. I don't know anything. Nothing to see here. Move on to the next post, Sony rep.

5. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 12:37 Lukin

We're not supposed to say we've started the beta?...whoops...

Yeah, good game. Yes, cool trailer. But gameplay is nothing like this.

4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 12:25 eunichron

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have possibly been in the technical test since it started, but this game is amazing.  

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 12:24 Axis

Im not wow'd by trailers since they are often nothing even close to the game experience, but ya that was a pretty killer trailer.  

Yours truly,

Axis

2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 12:00 Cutter

That was fucking awesome! That's one of the best game trailers of all time. PS2 is going to be an insane amount of fun.

1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 10:43 Verno

Damn this game looks amazing, can't wait for the actual beta test to start.  

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >