Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

PlanetSide 2 Trailer

full "Death is No Excuse" trailer for PlanetSide 2 is now available, offering three-plus minutes of cinematic footage for SOE's upcoming MMOFPS sequel (thanks Cutter). Here's the accompanying description: "Drop in the middle of the war on Auraxis. Follow the path of one soldier as he powers through the battlefield determined to fulfill his mission. The war is raging, but his mission is clear. Death is No Excuse. The battlefield in the modern warfare epic first person shooter could make you a combat veteran or you could end up with a halo over your head. Just watch this epic trailer that shows you what it is like to go PlanetSide 2!"

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

30. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:21 shiho

This trailer was Generic Action Sequence #8291821.

I'm too old for this shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:17 RailWizard

Rea1One wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:53:
Battlefield killer

Not a chance.

28. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:16 DarkCntry

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:12:
They are scaring me away...

Cinema? Goofy ridiculous phoney combat? Jet Packs?!?!
Flying around soloing ships in a jet pack?

Starting to think its time to sell the computers...

For god's sake, PLEASE DO SELL THE COMPUTER, then we won't have to be subject to your idiocy anymore.

27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:12 Closed Betas

They are scaring me away...

Cinema? Goofy ridiculous phoney combat? Jet Packs?!?!
Flying around soloing ships in a jet pack?

Starting to think its time to sell the computers...

26. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 20:07 Closed Betas

Steazy wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:27:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:18:
TheEmissary wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:41:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:28:
Cool trailer, but the graphics engine itself is just okay, IMO. That being said, it's good enough (and has to handle a far draw distance), and so it will all come down to the gameplay.

One thing that concerns me is that there's no endgame, so I'm wondering if anyone in the beta can comment how the missions and gameplay work. It's not like Tribes or BF3 where there are missions with goals that end, and you restart. It just goes on forever.

Planetside is a sandbox shooter it doesn't need an endgame. If you watched the E3 streams and the Total Biscuit stuff you would know they have other continents. Any one can jump in and enjoy the game and battles will rage on for hours compared to the 10-30 minute ones on typical shooters.

PvE isn't the point of this game at all.

Right, but that's kind of my point. Imagine WoW for example, without PvE. Would people be attracted to that if they could just kill other people and capture castles or something? I'd think folks might get bored quickly, so I'm wondering what's the long term hook? Weapon unlocks? Achievements?
Gameplay

Its twitch based, its action within itself, its also massive team based, so you are actually playing GI Joe with your friends and in numbers... Casting Spells on your 1-9 keys while drinking a Jolt Cola won't matter, proper flanking, strategies and whatnot apply....
Add in tanks and attack ships etc... Mad fun.. or will SOE fail us with this F2P model?

25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 19:44 Axis

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:01:
Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 17:22:
[sarcasm]You mean this isn't actual gameplay? Gosh! I feel so abused and lied to![/sarcasm]

You trolls can fuckoff, take your ball home and don't come back. We're going to enjoy the hell out of this and the thought of you sitting around sulking while we have fun only adds to it.

Welp, once the first post about serious launch issues or another Sony network database breach goes up on Blue's, I'm gonna unzip and jack off like a bunny on crack while imagining your stoned, stupid little face while you're sitting in the dump inside your trailer home, crying real tears of mega frustration over how you can't play.
Mark my words. Knowing SOE, I'll get to jack off until my weeny turns purple!

Ok, this is funny shit right here! lol

Yours truly,

Axis

24. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 19:27 Steazy

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 19:18:
Cool trailer, but the graphics engine itself is just okay, IMO. That being said, it's good enough (and has to handle a far draw distance), and so it will all come down to the gameplay.

One thing that concerns me is that there's no endgame, so I'm wondering if anyone in the beta can comment how the missions and gameplay work. It's not like Tribes or BF3 where there are missions with goals that end, and you restart. It just goes on forever.

Planetside is a sandbox shooter it doesn't need an endgame. If you watched the E3 streams and the Total Biscuit stuff you would know they have other continents. Any one can jump in and enjoy the game and battles will rage on for hours compared to the 10-30 minute ones on typical shooters.

Right, but that's kind of my point. Imagine WoW for example, without PvE. Would people be attracted to that if they could just kill other people and capture castles or something? I'd think folks might get bored quickly, so I'm wondering what's the long term hook? Weapon unlocks? Achievements?
Gameplay

23. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 19:18 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 19:16 DarkCntry

This whole quest for 'endgame' is actually one of the reasons MMOs fail in general, and why people pine for Sandbox MMOs but get all bent when it's given to them with no 'endgame'.

Planetside has never had a true 'endgame', it is meant as a tug-of-war fight between 3 factions over an entire planet's worth of continents, you rank up you get more nifty things to immediately use as time goes on based upon the situation of the fight. More places held, more resources received, more things can be done...

As for those in beta, I'm sure there's an NDA that would prohibit that from happening.

21. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:53 Rea1One

Battlefield killer  

20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:41 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:19:
Either that or you're really one screwed up person.

It is in fact the latter. Trust me on that!

19. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:41 TheEmissary

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:28 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

17. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:19 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 18:01:
[sarcasm]You mean this isn't actual gameplay? Gosh! I feel so abused and lied to![/sarcasm]

You trolls can fuckoff, take your ball home and don't come back. We're going to enjoy the hell out of this and the thought of you sitting around sulking while we have fun only adds to it.

Welp, once the first post about serious launch issues or another Sony network database breach goes up on Blue's, I'm gonna unzip and jack off like a bunny on crack while imagining your stoned, stupid little face while you're sitting in the dump inside your trailer home, crying real tears of mega frustration over how you can't play.

Someone seems to be compensating for something...you know, it might help to socialize with real people and you probably wouldn't have those issues.

Either that or you're really one screwed up person.

16. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 18:01 CJ_Parker

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 17:23 The Half Elf

If ANYONE gets a beta key they don't need, PLEASE let me know.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 17:22 Cutter

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 16:06 Trevellian

Lukin wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 15:58:
The amazing thing about PS1, for me, was the social/team play aspect. The devs really tried to not only support squad-based team play, but larger outfits and whole armies, working together. So, this lone soldier Rambo-ing through explosions seems dishonest.

In PS1, I had some awesome fights where I was part of a a multi-outfit fighting force. Coordinating such a thing always proved difficult, so I'm hoping they have some creative solutions.

...and, they've already shown gameplay videos highlighting the graphics. Seems pretty dumb to make a cinematic like this when they have a perfectly good looking game you can actually play.

...and yes, those drop pods are one of the few things that are actually in the game from this video.

Of course the trailer is dishonest.

Thats your biggest complaint? Really?
What CG trailer for any game is ever honest. CG trailers are for "story" or to portray that "hero moment".

They already released a great in game footage trailer of Planetside 2 with the Terran Republic stomping out an NC base the way it should be.

As a long time Planetside player I in no way shape or form needed ANY trailer, in game or otherwise to tell me this game was going to be great, just from the level of participation by Higby, Trey and RadarX on the COMMUNITY RUN Planeteside Universe forums from the day they announced this game. It was obvious they were in this to make a great sequel to a game fans were still playing 9 years later and that they loved the original as much as the players.

From the gameplay shown at E3 and from other sources I already know this game is awesome. I don't need a goddamn CG trailer to tell me that.

-C22

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 15:58 Lukin

The amazing thing about PS1, for me, was the social/team play aspect. The devs really tried to not only support squad-based team play, but larger outfits and whole armies, working together. So, this lone soldier Rambo-ing through explosions seems dishonest.

In PS1, I had some awesome fights where I was part of a a multi-outfit fighting force. Coordinating such a thing always proved difficult, so I'm hoping they have some creative solutions.

...and, they've already shown gameplay videos highlighting the graphics. Seems pretty dumb to make a cinematic like this when they have a perfectly good looking game you can actually play.

...and yes, those drop pods are one of the few things that are actually in the game from this video.

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 15:13 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 12:00:
That was fucking awesome! That's one of the best game trailers of all time. PS2 is going to be an insane amount of fun.

SOE hype victim count +1

Seriously, anyone who isn't a complete and utter n00b should know by now that SOE is extremely skilled at creating pretty hype material but also extremely amateurish when it comes to the execution of said material into actual gameplay. That is if the trailer material makes it into the game at all. Not even that is guaranteed with SOE.
Extreme caution is not only recommended but mandatory with these slime balls.

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >