Ronimo announces plans to bring Awesomenauts
to Windows and OS X, which will offer PC owners the chance to play this MOBA game that was recently released for consoles. They don't specify a release date for the ports, but say that beta testing will begin within the week, and to keep an eye on the Awesomenauts Facebook Page
for details on how to sign up. In the meantime, here's a trailer
, some screenshots
, and the announcement:
A few years ago we at Ronimo set out to create a great platforming MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game. This resulted in the release of Awesomenauts for XBLA and PSN a few months back. A great looking and addictive sidescrolling MOBA, a first for consoles. But ever since we've shown the first screens and videos, we've been getting tons of requests to also bring this game to PC.
Well, we agree! We love the idea of being able to play Awesomenauts with our friends through Steam using our trusty mice and keyboards. So we went ahead and actually built it! To speed things up we've been getting a lot of help and support from our fans, quickly translating new texts and giving us valuable feedback on the balance and new controls.
Within a month everyone will be able to grab a copy of Awesomenauts on Steam! Soon you will be able to experience the game using your favorite input devices. A Mac version will follow shortly afterwards.
And if that's not soon enough we'll be starting a closed beta within the week! Keep an eye on our facebook to stay up to date.
We plan to support all versions of Awesomenauts with updates and new content in the future! Starting with the console patch, which will go live very soon!
Awesomenauts is currently available on PSN ($9,99) and XBLA (800MSP) and coming to PC & Mac soon!
• 3 on 3 online platforming shooter action with bright 80's cartoon style
• 8 very unique and highly customizable characters, each with their own attacks and skills
• Online and offline play with up to 3 players on a single console using splitscreen
• Full drop in drop out support with bots and humans being swapped where needed
• Strong MOBA influences, classes, upgrades, creeps, turrets, bases, tactical depth, etc.
• Advanced matchmaking which allows you to queue up for online matches without forcing you to wait in a matchmaking lobby!
• Unlock over 100 unique items to beef up your abilities and customize your personal playing style for each match!
• Face melting battles across multiple exotic planets and alien spaceships!