Diablo III RMAH Issues

A thread on the Diablo III forums has a complaint from a user who claims to have been charged $149.99 for an item in the Real-Money Auction House for Diablo III after bidding on an item they say was posted at $0.00. They offer evidence to support this claim as well indications that the bug they encountered is still occurring. On a semi-related note, this thread has the account from a user claiming to have lost a Battle.net balance of $200.00 after changing the region on their account, while this one is from someone who says they called the FBI to report Blizzard for wire fraud, alleging having never received a $49.99 payment for an item they sold. These threads have attracted a lot of attention from users, but so far have received no official "blue" comments from Blizzard. Thanks Joao and Blend Games.
View : : :
95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older

Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues
Jul 2, 2012, 08:35
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 08:35
Jul 2, 2012, 08:35

Someone mentioned the 'age of entitlement'. Well if that aint the truth. What the fuck, the guy loses 50$ and calls the FBI? He couldnt wait a few hours to hear back from customer support? A friend of mine got hacked and he got it sorted within 48 hours.

I understand the complaints about the AH and RMAH but complaining that the game is fucking impossibly hard at INFERNO and that its impossibly hard to find any itmes????

Jesus 'age of entitlement' is just about fucking right. Its because of retarded, spoiled assholes who expect everything on a silver platter, preferably while shitting in their adult diapers on their favorite couch in front of their easy-mode console that we get shovelware on the shelf these days instead of proper gaming.

Diablo, hard??? OH BOOHOO cry me a fucking river assholes. Go play some Mass Effect 3 on 'story' mode and keep up the good work.

I have a nifty blue line!

Jul 2, 2012, 07:30
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 07:30
Jul 2, 2012, 07:30

eunichron wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 21:31:
This is a long one

Yep so i snipped it sorry for that.

For me the bottomline is the way the tried to mask there intentions
(by looking at how the game behave towards loot) and blizzi's attitude the way it has become. (hell its like i don't know them anymore)

it so smelled of " Lets milk them they EAT all we give them"

They really took peps as dummies.( some may be some may not , it all depends of the eyes looking)

There behavior to the eu forum is as no respons ,
I do still think they work along the goldspammers in some way,
I still think the workers at blizzi are putting Legendary loots up in the AH
yea yea call me what ever

The way they handle the Gspammers is like none exsist even tho they spam with internet adresses hell even in blizzi own forum have they done it.

There intension with there DRM is just pure well you know.

Ohh and btw Games of yesterday are better they were made with passion and you still can feel that in the games , not like today today its like sitting in a train straight ahead

Jul 2, 2012, 04:31
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 04:31
Jul 2, 2012, 04:31

space captain wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 00:35:
AnointedSword wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 00:24:
All this talk about money grabbing this and money grabbing that and I still do not see one of you giving up your check for the better of humanity. The bottom line is this, the only reason for class warfare is because of two reasons. Politicians that cannot run on their records and two...the poor is too busy pointing their fingers at the rich! I still have never saw a rich individual blame the poor! Yes, I said it. Instead of crying about how greedy someone is, how about go make it rich so you can give more? Oh ya, I forgot... it might take some hard work (gasp).

you are the epitome of what is wrong with humanity

btw, god hates you

The end must be near...

I agree with SC!

Jul 2, 2012, 03:49
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 03:49
Jul 2, 2012, 03:49

It is all subjective though. I am having fun playing current games. I dont *generally* buy on launch an almost never preorder. Diablo 3 broke the rule. Me and my friends played D2 to death. We have played D3 quite a lot. Maybe 150 hours so far? Thats a lot for me (who has played TF2 for about 500 hours from orange box launch and ive been an admin on the now defunct GTFO servers too).

If I quit D3 tomorrow then it owes me nothing. Have a 60 barbarian in act 2 inferno (ouch). 600 natural resists, 18k natural dps and 39k health (about 5k natural armour - thats my next upgrade). I still get pwned by unluckly rolled elites. I cannot tank everything anymore. TBH ive given up mostly with the barbarian - I use him to farm gold in act 1 now. Rolled a witch doctor and having much lols, im not gonna farm any other characters, when it gets too hard im gonna switch to a new one - after the last one I quit.

I payed 30 for D3 preorder from Tesco. I will spend precisely nothing in the RMAH. For the hours of entertainment it has been a bargain for me.
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

Jul 2, 2012, 01:24
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 01:24
Jul 2, 2012, 01:24

space captain wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 00:35:
All this talk about money grabbing this and money grabbing that and I still do not see one of you giving up your check for the better of humanity. The bottom line is this, the only reason for class warfare is because of two reasons. Politicians that cannot run on their records and two...the poor is too busy pointing their fingers at the rich! I still have never saw a rich individual blame the poor! Yes, I said it. Instead of crying about how greedy someone is, how about go make it rich so you can give more? Oh ya, I forgot... it might take some hard work (gasp).

btw, god hates you

For what being right? Oh I forgot this is the age of entitlement.

Jul 2, 2012, 00:35
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 00:35
Jul 2, 2012, 00:35

btw, god hates you

Jul 2, 2012, 00:24
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 00:24
Jul 2, 2012, 00:24

Jul 2, 2012, 00:13
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 2, 2012, 00:13
Jul 2, 2012, 00:13

In defense of business, why would they respond right away? Like any other type of business complaint, you first have to weed through the bs. After that, you have to let your different teams(technical support, lawyers, etc...) look at these claims. God knows, just like their are bad corporations, we cannot trust every individual claim out there as well. These things take time and to be honest with you they are probably (and smartly I might add) handling these on an individual basis until they can verify a broad problem. In other words, 2 or 3 claims out of millions do not mean spit on a player base like this.

Jul 1, 2012, 21:31
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 21:31
Jul 1, 2012, 21:31

This is a long one so I'll just leave out the things I agree with.

MadBoris wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 20:02:
But today, I pretty much dislike the money grabbing industry, different than games. They take money first, sight unseen. The fans that pre-purchase are then connected/invested to the game developers, not the unfinished unseen game. Even if it's not that good on arrival, they won't look themselves in the mirror and say I shouldn't of bought it and leave, no, they are in for at least a short haul as the fan community. Infact, people would have a hard time admitting they made a mistake of pre-ordering if the game isn't all that, they wouldn't want to look a fool. Their is a psychology that comes into play here also where people tell themselves the game is much better than it is, because they paid for it, plus were hyped for it, felt like they made a contribution on beta, etc. Getting people invested mentally in a product before there is a product is just hype, and it's working.

I think you are overestimating the amount of pre-orders that games get. If you take a look at http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/ it's fairly obvious. These are games that typically sell in the multi-million units. Diablo 3, last figure I heard, has sold 6 million units; it is on that chart with 97,261 pre-orders. Halo 4 is somewhat understandable, since it is a massive franchise that launched an entire line of consoles, and is arguably one of the best gaming experiences of the last decade (I don't particularly agree, it was good for a console FPS, but sub-par compared to its PC counterparts). For myself, I rarely pre-order. This year I had pre-ordered Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2, because I knew when I did that they were games I was going to enjoy (for Diablo 3 I actually didn't consider pre-ordering until after I had gotten a beta invite). I guess the difference is I never set my expectations too high. I got exactly what I wanted, and what I was expecting from Diablo 3. The funny thing is whenever I see anyone criticize the game it is always about the always-on DRM, or the RMAH. I have yet to run across anyone, that just doesn't like ARPGs, criticizing Diablo 3 for the actual gameplay, or at least anyone not grasping to find reasons to hate it. It makes me wonder how many people in this thread would be singing a different tune had the game no internet connection requirement or an auction house of any kind.

How do you hold a developer accountable after a pre-order, or if the promises of the unfinished online game doesn't get the features promised, or if it doesn't get fixed in a patch?

By demanding a refund. Almost every developer, that sells their titles directly, and digital distribution service has a refund policy of some sort. Blizzard's is 30 days for digital sales, no questions asked. I ended up with two copies of Diablo 3, and I got a refund for one. It was quick and painless. If you did not get what you were expecting, if the game is unplayable, it is possible to get a refund. I sincerely wish that everyone that complains about Diablo 3 doesn't just let the game sit on their hard drive while they play forum commando. Get a refund. That speaks more to developers and publishers than any forum post you can make.

Fanbases are developing on hype, even more so, and protecting devs from being accountable with their continued mantra "it will be fixed by a patch, or it will; get better, give them time". As if they know something more than how to defend the dev team that they got in bed with.

Often time it does. It takes some developers more time than others. If I buy a game from Blizzard I know that it is going to have years of timely support (at least 4 patches in a month and a half for Diablo 3... hell, Diablo 1 servers are still up and running, you can't tell me there are more than a few other developers out there with that kind of dedication). If I buy a game from Bethesda I know it's going to be chock full of bugs and issues at first, but 6 months to a year after release it will be in a good state (I'm actually playing through FO:NV this very moment, my first play through, for exactly that reason).

And although my walls on f2p have come down, w/ Tribes for instance. Online only PVP gets damn old when you did it as long as I have.
I'd take LAN gaming of yesterday anyday, it was not about who had the most XP or achievements, that is for sure.

Oh, the great nostalgia argument. "Things were better yesterday." Was it, really? You never competed in Doom with your friends? You never played them in 1v1s in WarCraft 2 over Kali and rub it in their face when you stomped them with bloodlusted ogres? The only difference between yesterday and today is we have visual cues for those bragging rights.

Single Player adventures of immersion for 30-40 hours, with advanced AI and physics have slowed considerably, not because people didn't like them, but people's options and psychology changed.

You say this while Skyrim and ArmA II are still demolishing the sales charts on Steam, while the Modern Warfares are nowhere to be seen. Minecraft is one of the biggest indie smash hits of the last few years. The most acclaimed games these days, among critics and players, are those that you claim people can't handle psychologically.

Sweeney is now talking freemium online only too, no more pressed discs, next gen console.

That is just technological progression. With the popularity of services like Steam, GoG, PSN, and Xbox Live, and the ubiquity of high speed internet, it was only a matter of time before digital became the primary means of distribution.

That is the product of greed, we lost a lot that now is in Microsoft's pocket.

Not sure if you knew this, but the last numbers say the Xbox division had lost nearly $230 million. Yeah, they're still making money, but it's not off their consoles.

Console gamers are usually completely ignorant on game development. That ignorance keeps them in the dark of what a game could actually be, compared to some kid building assets in the game fresh out of gaming school excited about his $14 hr job. There's more pressing buttons today in game development than ever before, it's not being expert in AI or physics logic and coding anymore.

That is more a product of gaming becoming an increasingly accepted hobby. In the late 90s when I was in high school it was uncommon to find anyone in the halls of school talking about video games. I played Age of Empires with my girlfriend, Diablo 2 with most everyone else. Yeah, a lot of people had an Xbox or PS2 when those came out, but it was usually to play Madden or Halo. Now that I'm (almost) 30 with nephews that are 13 and 15, gaming is everywhere. Everyone does it. Even my friends from high school that I still keep in contact with are playing more. It's no longer a social stigma to be labeled a "gamer", because everyone is one now, and therein lies the problem.

Jul 1, 2012, 21:29
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 21:29
Jul 1, 2012, 21:29

eunichron wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:53:
DG wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:34:
Started Inferno today.

Fuck.

I actually got owned by a normal mob. I hadn't figured on needing to use powers on a regular mob. I got through a few champions and two elite packs, but I wasn't expecting to have to use powers on regular mobs.

They die okay enough, I mean, on Hell my enchantress was one-shotting them and now barely scratches them, but they go down in 3-4 swings and she's overdue for an upgrade.

But damn, even a little scrape from a zombie thing takes a chunk of health off. Must be at least 2000hp a scratch? A mob that on Hell couldn't take down HP faster than I could regen it even without the battle cry, now has me running away even with battle cry. TBF maybe I overdid the resistances thing, hence being able to deal with the magic the elites are throwing around whilst getting wasted on physical damage.

Maybe if I farm Hell for a while I could make enough gold to gear up. I guess need to do Hell because so far in Inferno the gold drop doesn't seem to be any better, and a *lot* worse if I can't get nehalem valour. Actually maybe the +115% gold find is another thing I'll have to sacrifice...

But, nope. I work hard enough at work and farming feels like more work, only less satisfying and unpaid. Why the fuck would I do that? Are these guys doing massive amounts of farming in need of a job or what? And no, I'm not going to buy off the RMAH because that's not gaming entertainment either - and it's certainly not good value.

Act I is the easy part, if you can kill Diablo on Hell difficulty, you can complete Act I Inferno.

MF/GF is pretty much useless, unless you're a Demon Hunter or Wizard who can get away with just using a high dps weapon but low stats from gear, but it sounds like you're playing a barbarian. Keep your resists, as a melee they're more important than anything. 300-400 in all resists should be enough for Act I, but you'll want at least 600 for Act II+ (War Cry+Impunity is pretty much mandatory for all Barbarians). Keep your HP above 35,000, and don't neglect your armor value. Your dps doesn't matter as much as long as you can survive. My barbarian only does 7,500 base on his character sheet, but I can clear Act I without issue. A sword 'n' board tank spec would obviously be the safest, but there are dual wield and 2h specs out there that are just as viable (though some of them are a bit clunky to play, especially the dual tornadoes whirlwind spec).

As for "massive amounts of farming" ... well yeah, it's pretty much required. You will not progress through Inferno without farming, but you don't need to go back to Hell to do it, and actually it's more beneficial to do it in Act I.

I actually put on all MF/GF gear and farmed act I, I didn't seem to get more but the quality of items *seemed higher, more 60+ilvl not too many 50's-58 like I normally get. With my 5 stacks I was at 183% MF. There were a few packs I had to switch back to my regular gear for.

You might be able to find some relatively cheap upgrades in the AH if you want to go that route, just enough to make it a tad easier to farm. Most of the elites in Act I don't have any annoying innate abilities, so you just have to deal with annoying affix combos. Act II inferno makes act I feel like normal difficulty :/

Back on subject; there is a follow up on the guy who is dealing with the region change/$200 b.net account wipe. He updated the original link to contain a link to the follow up. Frankly I don't see how it's legal to do what they're doing. It'd be like getting a gift-card or a pre-paid credit card, and then having the company say, 'thanks for the money chump, but you get nothing in return.' Hopefully he can at least get his money refunded.

Re: lets make gyros
Jul 1, 2012, 21:24
Re: lets make gyros Jul 1, 2012, 21:24
Jul 1, 2012, 21:24

Bah the Real Money Auction House was just invited so that Blizzard can sell "rare" items to you and have suckers pay an unlimited amount of money to finish the game.

Jul 1, 2012, 21:19
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 21:19
Jul 1, 2012, 21:19

Tells me a lot about a gamers mind who can run the same act over and over grinding and then defend it as "best game evah!"

lets make gyros
Jul 1, 2012, 20:18
lets make gyros Jul 1, 2012, 20:18
Jul 1, 2012, 20:18

sun black as sack cloth and hair - check

moon red like blood - check

diablo 3 RMAH - check

Jul 1, 2012, 20:02
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 20:02
Jul 1, 2012, 20:02

eunichron wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:34:
William Usher wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:26:
MadBoris, you just won some internets.

Wow. Well said. You summed up everything that's wrong with today's gaming industry.

Sounds to me like he just hates video games. He might want to try a different, less stressful, hobby, like raising goldfish.

You obviously don't know me at all and couldn't be more wrong. Since I started computer gaming in '83 on a computer I bought, I've been around too long. It's also when I started coding, with code saved on a tape player because we had no disks.

But today, I pretty much dislike the money grabbing industry, different than games. They take money first, sight unseen. The fans that pre-purchase are then connected/invested to the game developers, not the unfinished unseen game. Even if it's not that good on arrival, they won't look themselves in the mirror and say I shouldn't of bought it and leave, no, they are in for at least a short haul as the fan community. Infact, people would have a hard time admitting they made a mistake of pre-ordering if the game isn't all that, they wouldn't want to look a fool. Their is a psychology that comes into play here also where people tell themselves the game is much better than it is, because they paid for it, plus were hyped for it, felt like they made a contribution on beta, etc. Getting people invested mentally in a product before there is a product is just hype, and it's working.

How do you hold a developer accountable after a pre-order, or if the promises of the unfinished online game doesn't get the features promised, or if it doesn't get fixed in a patch?

You often can't.
You fully supported them with your money and told the industry it's working, they (bean counters, fat cats with cigars(figuratively), not devs per se) are now continuing in that succesful vein, regardless if the product was good.

Fanbases are developing on hype, even more so, and protecting devs from being accountable with their continued mantra "it will be fixed by a patch, or it will; get better, give them time". As if they know something more than how to defend the dev team that they got in bed with.

I'm a fan of great quality dev houses that don't sell out, great games, not necessarily IP's.

And although my walls on f2p have come down, w/ Tribes for instance. Online only PVP gets damn old when you did it as long as I have.
I'd take LAN gaming of yesterday anyday, it was not about who had the most XP or achievements, that is for sure.

Single Player adventures of immersion for 30-40 hours, with advanced AI and physics have slowed considerably, not because people didn't like them, but people's options and psychology changed.
A lot of creativity and possibility lost, don't get me started on M$.

Epic, used to be one of my faves, but they blew off a fanbase that supported them for years, a base that gave them great introduction to console kiddies back in the day saying Epic is epic prior to Gears shipping, then things changed with console money.

Sweeney is now talking freemium online only too, no more pressed discs, next gen console. In an article I read yesterday, he was almost ashamed they wasted so much time on technical stuff in the years when other's made so much more money, so much easier with less invested.

Too bad he feels that way, because they used to excel like few houses, they have their fanbase now, but they cut me out of it years ago.

That is the product of greed, we lost a lot that now is in Microsoft's pocket.

Console gamers are usually completely ignorant on game development. That ignorance keeps them in the dark of what a game could actually be, compared to some kid building assets in the game fresh out of gaming school excited about his $14 hr job. There's more pressing buttons today in game development than ever before, it's not being expert in AI or physics logic and coding anymore.

Advancement in the gaming experience has really slowed to a crawl, for the most part, and next gen consoles won't be the saviours.

Less is more when you sell it not when you buy it.

/just ranting

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2012, 20:35.

Jul 1, 2012, 17:56
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 17:56
Jul 1, 2012, 17:56

RailWizard wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 11:46:
It's basically a gold farmers wet dream economy, and Blizzard is right there grinning and drooling along side them.

I was saying this before the game launched. Blizzard decided that by not necessarily prosecuting gold farmers and just taking a cut, they can eliminate the cost of policing the farmers so hard *and* get 1$ plus 15% of the proceeds.

I had a lot of naysayers assure me this wasn't going to be the case at all, that Blizzard was on top of it, that we wouldn't see hyper-inflation like this.

It's a fucking mess. Pure and simple.

Jul 1, 2012, 17:53
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 17:53
Jul 1, 2012, 17:53

DG wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:34:
Started Inferno today.

Fuck.

I actually got owned by a normal mob. I hadn't figured on needing to use powers on a regular mob. I got through a few champions and two elite packs, but I wasn't expecting to have to use powers on regular mobs.

They die okay enough, I mean, on Hell my enchantress was one-shotting them and now barely scratches them, but they go down in 3-4 swings and she's overdue for an upgrade.

But damn, even a little scrape from a zombie thing takes a chunk of health off. Must be at least 2000hp a scratch? A mob that on Hell couldn't take down HP faster than I could regen it even without the battle cry, now has me running away even with battle cry. TBF maybe I overdid the resistances thing, hence being able to deal with the magic the elites are throwing around whilst getting wasted on physical damage.

Maybe if I farm Hell for a while I could make enough gold to gear up. I guess need to do Hell because so far in Inferno the gold drop doesn't seem to be any better, and a *lot* worse if I can't get nehalem valour. Actually maybe the +115% gold find is another thing I'll have to sacrifice...

But, nope. I work hard enough at work and farming feels like more work, only less satisfying and unpaid. Why the fuck would I do that? Are these guys doing massive amounts of farming in need of a job or what? And no, I'm not going to buy off the RMAH because that's not gaming entertainment either - and it's certainly not good value.

Act I is the easy part, if you can kill Diablo on Hell difficulty, you can complete Act I Inferno.

MF/GF is pretty much useless, unless you're a Demon Hunter or Wizard who can get away with just using a high dps weapon but low stats from gear, but it sounds like you're playing a barbarian. Keep your resists, as a melee they're more important than anything. 300-400 in all resists should be enough for Act I, but you'll want at least 600 for Act II+ (War Cry+Impunity is pretty much mandatory for all Barbarians). Keep your HP above 35,000, and don't neglect your armor value. Your dps doesn't matter as much as long as you can survive. My barbarian only does 7,500 base on his character sheet, but I can clear Act I without issue. A sword 'n' board tank spec would obviously be the safest, but there are dual wield and 2h specs out there that are just as viable (though some of them are a bit clunky to play, especially the dual tornadoes whirlwind spec).

As for "massive amounts of farming" ... well yeah, it's pretty much required. You will not progress through Inferno without farming, but you don't need to go back to Hell to do it, and actually it's more beneficial to do it in Act I.

Jul 1, 2012, 17:34
DG
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 17:34
DG

Started Inferno today.

Fuck.

Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 17:34

William Usher wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 17:26:

Wow. Well said. You summed up everything that's wrong with today's gaming industry.

Sounds to me like he just hates video games. He might want to try a different, less stressful, hobby, like raising goldfish.

Jul 1, 2012, 17:26
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 17:26
Jul 1, 2012, 17:26

Jul 1, 2012, 16:58
Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 16:58
Jul 1, 2012, 16:58

Luke wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 15:42:
MadBoris wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 14:33:
So boardroom meetings can be quite the opposite..............

i snipped it sorry for that , but yea the passion , the drive to make "good games" are a saga.

I dunno I think there's still people like that left in the industry, Arkane Studios for one had to go through a ton of shit for years in order to make games THEY wanted to make. The Might & Magic game they made for Ubisoft was originally going to be Arx 2. But there's a reality of things called paying the bills and paychecks that alot of developers end up either having to tie themselves to huge publishers like EA or Activision to survive. I hope Dishonored ends up selling 2 million copies, there's too few groups left like those that made up Looking Glass still around who are actually passionate about the games they make, rather than churning out the next COD yearly iteration.

Unfortunately you have folks like Ol Bobby in charge who are indeed only concerned with the bottom line, profit and greed.
95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older