Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday

Eurogamer has word that the European version of the Diablo III real-money auction house will launch on Friday. Also, Blizzard announces that they have temporarily dropped a recently added limitation on the number of Diablo III games a player can start during a given period. The limit was intended to reduce server strain and improve overall game stability, but apparently this was not working as intended:
After looking into some reports from players it seems the limit may have not been working exactly as intended. Working properly you really shouldn't see it, even in fairly normal 'farming' conditions, or reasonable amounts of character swapping. We're shutting off the limitations off until we can take a better look at it tomorrow.
View : : :
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday
Jun 15, 2012, 09:21
Verno

Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 15, 2012, 09:21
Jun 15, 2012, 09:21
 Verno

What, no apology for Dev? Your poorly researched internet putdown failed so slink back to the digital ether, hopefully no one notices (again)! Bucktooth
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Jun 14, 2012, 14:49
Verno

Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 14, 2012, 14:49
Jun 14, 2012, 14:49
 Verno

You can post auctions until your balance hits $250.00. At that point if you don't use it in some way you can't post anymore new auctions but pre-existing auctions continue and can increase your balance. If you hit a $600.00USD battle.net balance then they force you to make a Paypal account or withdraw funds. You can also choose at the auction listing whether it's going to be withdrawn to Paypal or put into Battle.net Balance but you can't convert from the latter to the former if you make that choice.

As per Blizzard.

Is there a cap on how much I can have in my Battle.net Balance?

If you choose to receive your auction proceeds in the form of Battle.net Balance, there are a few limits you should be aware of. Once your Battle.net Balance reaches $250 USD or above (or equivalent local currency), you will not be able to post new Battle.net Balance auctions until you bring your balance below that amount. In certain cases where your Battle.net Balance significantly exceeds this maximum (as the result of a series of especially high bids for items you posted, for example), you will need to create a PayPal account in order to receive proceeds (in regions where available), and will be instructed to contact customer service for further assistance.

And the $600 figure comes from D3 RMAH Terms of Use.
There is a maximum amount of Battle.net Balance across all currencies that may be held in Battle.net Balance at any time, which is equivalent to $600.00 USD. If the payment of the amount of the Winning Bid, less the Transaction Fee, into your Battle.net Balance would make it higher than the maximum Battle.net Balance, you must either designate your existing PayPal account to receive such funds, or create a PayPal account to receive the funds.

Chillax already, sheesh.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2012, 14:57.

Jun 14, 2012, 12:30
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 14, 2012, 12:30
Jun 14, 2012, 12:30

Dev wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 03:22:
Krovven wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 02:10:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 19:57:
Uh I've already cleared my first $1k and I still work. I'd say I've been successful.

The wallet max is $250. I highly doubt you've completed enough transactions and withdrawn money, when most people are still waiting the 72 hour hold. Possible if you are running multiple accounts.

Actually, they've updated it to be $600 now. And I don't know if there's any such limit on paypal.

Link or it didn't happen. The max $250 Battle.net balance is repeated by people all over their forums as recent as a few hours ago and still in the official FAQ regarding the topic.

http://tinyurl.com/89f3pms

Jun 14, 2012, 08:59
Verno

Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 14, 2012, 08:59
Jun 14, 2012, 08:59
 Verno

I had done a ton of farming and had a bunch of ilvl62/63 gear to shift, still barely topped $300 between two accounts. There was a big rush at the beginning but its really hard to move stuff now. I'm a bit incredulous about $1000.00 but oh well, who cares fellas. If he made that much good for him and if he didn't then you won the internet.

I'm stuck in processing limbo now waiting for Blizzard/Paypal to clear these. I've had a few fail as well, I assume due to the buyer trying some shenanigans with their CC being maxed or whatever. It would be nice if they opened up the gold/gems on the RMAH so I can just get rid of my gold while I wait for the expansion. My GF doesn't want to play anymore (Witch Doctor is terrible and needs major buffs) so at least I can just use her account to mule/sell.

Jun 14, 2012, 08:28
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 14, 2012, 08:28
Jun 14, 2012, 08:28

Dades wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 07:18:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 23:46:
I'm sure you can figure out that there are grey market methods to selling anything. And since gems only made up around 13% of what I sold, I can't say it made much of a point to make any difference to explain. Then again I was late to that game. People were already prolific in that area. Too much hassle for too little gain, with too much of a possibility of other problems.

I don't really care but it just doesn't seem like you're being truthful with us. Gems don't have much intrinsic value and were going incredibly cheap on the gold AH in the past. They are dropped often, easily upgraded through in-game methods and easily purchased for small amounts of gold in the trade channels. Your story also changed when I pointed out the very blatant problem with it. It takes up to 72 hours for transactions to clear with the RMAH so I don't see a situation where you could have cleared anywhere near what you said even if you used some dubiously vague grey market methods.

A friend of mine was selling his gold because he's quitting the game, he's been lucky to get $6-7 per million through the so called grey market, I can't fathom people buying $100 worth of gems.

High quality gems go for 5 to 22 million on the normal AH...
Even with medium quality ones there should be money to be made, since they are around 200-500k a piece and even I, stuck in Inferno act 2, have lots of them.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2012, 08:34.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Jun 14, 2012, 07:18
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 14, 2012, 07:18
Jun 14, 2012, 07:18

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 23:46:
I'm sure you can figure out that there are grey market methods to selling anything. And since gems only made up around 13% of what I sold, I can't say it made much of a point to make any difference to explain. Then again I was late to that game. People were already prolific in that area. Too much hassle for too little gain, with too much of a possibility of other problems.

I don't really care but it just doesn't seem like you're being truthful with us. Gems don't have much intrinsic value and were going incredibly cheap on the gold AH in the past. They are dropped often, easily upgraded through in-game methods and easily purchased for small amounts of gold in the trade channels. Your story also changed when I pointed out the very blatant problem with it. It takes up to 72 hours for transactions to clear with the RMAH so I don't see a situation where you could have cleared anywhere near what you said even if you used some dubiously vague grey market methods.

A friend of mine was selling his gold because he's quitting the game, he's been lucky to get $6-7 per million through the so called grey market, I can't fathom people buying $100 worth of gems.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2012, 07:25.

Jun 14, 2012, 03:22
Dev
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 14, 2012, 03:22
Jun 14, 2012, 03:22
Dev

Krovven wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 02:10:
Uh I've already cleared my first $1k and I still work. I'd say I've been successful.

The wallet max is $250. I highly doubt you've completed enough transactions and withdrawn money, when most people are still waiting the 72 hour hold. Possible if you are running multiple accounts.

Actually, they've updated it to be $600 now. And I don't know if there's any such limit on paypal.

Jun 14, 2012, 02:10
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 14, 2012, 02:10
Jun 14, 2012, 02:10

Jun 13, 2012, 23:46
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 23:46
Jun 13, 2012, 23:46

Dades wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:37:

Did you even sell anything? Gems aren't selling at all. Commodities have been disabled since the RMAH launch, you can't sell gems or gold yet.
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Jun 13, 2012, 23:12
Dev
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 23:12
Jun 13, 2012, 23:12
Dev

Dades wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:37:
Did you even sell anything? Gems aren't selling at all. Commodities have been disabled since the RMAH launch, you can't sell gems or gold yet.
I was actually wondering the same thing.

Jun 13, 2012, 23:07
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 23:07
Jun 13, 2012, 23:07

Can't say for sure, but I'm going to guess there will be some major drama due to that RMAH eventually. (think EVE sized capers..)

Also, no ones buying my stuff. lol

Jun 13, 2012, 21:37
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 21:37
Jun 13, 2012, 21:37

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 19:20:
So they remove/improve something, and you guys still just wanna jump down their throats. Holy shit I am glad I am not related to you or in a relationship with you! What a nightmare your life must be.

Trying to spin yet again? They didn't improve anything, they introduced an arbitrary limit then removed it when people got pissed off but are still claiming they will re-introduce it later. It is not an improvement on the game or a positive in any way unless you are completely biased.

Gems are selling for good to insane prices. Weapons not so much, though some armors were. It has somewhat changed it, though to be honest, the normal AH is still as buy as ever so I don't see it going anywhere. Both sides are still thriving. It's easier to still exploit a market by snagging deals and relisting at a higher price though, which is where I made my money.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2012, 22:09.

Jun 13, 2012, 21:00
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 21:00
Jun 13, 2012, 21:00

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 20:24:
Honestly you have sold 1k of good with your D3 copy? If true, that is hard to argue against and the gaming world is changing. Sure a lot of things they did with this game suck ass, but if you can make bank off of rich idiots, best game evar!
Gems are selling for good to insane prices. Weapons not so much, though some armors were. It has somewhat changed it, though to be honest, the normal AH is still as buy as ever so I don't see it going anywhere. Both sides are still thriving. It's easier to still exploit a market by snagging deals and relisting at a higher price though, which is where I made my money.

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 20:39:
Is that before or after the transfer fee?

While I still think the game is a mess, I have to agree with HorrorScope about taking advantage of the morons out there. I suspect that won't last very long, but enjoy it while it does!
That's before. Even figuring 30%, it's not bad. Though it's much more than what I'm losing off say currencies which is between 1-3% it's better than when I was playing with some brokers who were charging 35% up here. Taking advantage of morons has been the best thing, but it not lasting? I agree. I look at it this way. I've nearly paid for my last 5 years worth of wow in less than a week.

edit: can't spell worth shit.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2012, 21:07.
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Jun 13, 2012, 20:39
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 20:39
Jun 13, 2012, 20:39

deqer wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 14:40:
After grinding hours and hours for said item, sure. You'll need to quit your job if you want to be successful.
Uh I've already cleared my first $1k and I still work. I'd say I've been successful. As a point though,that's only about 1/4 of my normal weekly wage before taxes. I'm still waiting to hear back from CRCA to see if I need to declare this on my taxes for next year though.
Is that before or after the transfer fee?

While I still think the game is a mess, I have to agree with HorrorScope about taking advantage of the morons out there. I suspect that won't last very long, but enjoy it while it does!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

Jun 13, 2012, 20:24
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 20:24
Jun 13, 2012, 20:24

After grinding hours and hours for said item, sure. You'll need to quit your job if you want to be successful.
Uh I've already cleared my first $1k and I still work. I'd say I've been successful. As a point though,that's only about 1/4 of my normal weekly wage before taxes. I'm still waiting to hear back from CRCA to see if I need to declare this on my taxes for next year though.

Honestly you have sold 1k of good with your D3 copy? If true, that is hard to argue against and the gaming world is changing. Sure a lot of things they did with this game suck ass, but if you can make bank off of rich idiots, best game evar!

Jun 13, 2012, 20:23
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 20:23
Jun 13, 2012, 20:23

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 18:22:
What they want to do is control deflation. Keeping things artificially scarce drives up prices which increases their revenues. That's how scummy this company has become. And people support it. Wow and now D3.

Corrected.

Jun 13, 2012, 19:57
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 19:57
Jun 13, 2012, 19:57

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Jun 13, 2012, 19:20
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 19:20
Jun 13, 2012, 19:20

So they remove/improve something, and you guys still just wanna jump down their throats. Holy shit I am glad I am not related to you or in a relationship with you! What a nightmare your life must be.

Jun 13, 2012, 18:22
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 18:22
Jun 13, 2012, 18:22

What they want to do is control deflation. Keeping things artificially scarce drives up prices which increases their revenues. That's how scummy this company has become. And people support it. Wow, just wow.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Jun 13, 2012, 17:54
Re: Diablo III Game Limit Dropped - EU RMAH Friday Jun 13, 2012, 17:54
Jun 13, 2012, 17:54

Lemme get this straight...

They make the game always online with no option to play local, then limit the number of times you can reset the level (start a new game), which you would be doing to farm items to face the higher difficulty levels, because their server infrastructure can't keep up with the demand...

BUY MORE F#CKING SERVERS YOU USELESS ASSHOLES

Seriously, if they're making it compulsory to play on their servers, they should have enough headroom for you to start the game as many times as you like.

And for all those who would leap to Blizz's defense and waffle on about how they don't want to overprovision etc, f#ck em. They wouldn't need anywhere near as much infrastructure if there was a local version of the game for people who wanted to play singleplayer/non-bnet MP.
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older