EA Loses Consumerist Poll

The Consumerist has the results of their voting for Worst Company In America For 2012, with Electronic Arts taking this dubious distinction. The final vote was between EA and Bank of America, with EA "winning" by a landslide. Forbes has their analysis of what this means (thanks Verno), and GamesIndustry International has a response from EA, quoting John Reseburg of EA Corporate Communications saying: "We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."
View : : :
70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll
Apr 4, 2012, 21:39
Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:39
Apr 4, 2012, 21:39

BoA vs. EA?

Wow! That's a tough one for me. BoA tried to pull some nasty stunts on my parents years ago and I have a friend who's uncle used to work at BoA corporate. Corporate execs holding meetings with goals labeled as "Finding more ways to get money out of customers" is a blatant sign of a bad place to work at.

EA? The "awards" don't mean jack! The blatant arrogance means much more though.

Apr 4, 2012, 21:38
Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:38

NKD wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 21:30:
EA hasn't killed anyone, ruined anyones life, or displaced anyone from their home, nor have they bribed government officials, or bought elections.
As far as we know at least, and their response still pretty much sums up the terrible state of affairs for businesses both in America and the rest of the world. Which is, as long as they're making money, everything else is secondary.

Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:38

Anyone who thinks EA is actually worse than Bank of America needs to get a new set of priorities.

I hate EA, but FFS....

Apr 4, 2012, 21:37
Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:37

Deflection or not, it's a fair point. EA hasn't killed anyone, ruined anyones life, or displaced anyone from their home, nor have they bribed government officials, or bought elections.

Killed someone - Ok
Ruined someones life - I bet they have
Displaced someone - Via layoffs I'm sure
Bribed Gov't - Lobbyists I'm sure have
Bought Elections - They've contributed to the facade I'm sure

All said though I do agree they aren't the worst overall, these other companies are much more damaging overall to our greater well being. EA just f's up gaming some.

Re: Differences
Re: Differences Apr 4, 2012, 21:37

No surprise here. You'd get more fair-minded and logical results asking white people in the deep south what they think of Obama.

Another insecure nerd bigot who has to rely on some manufactured sense of geographical superiority to justify his undeserved arrogance.

It is cute when pasty internet children try to play the race card when their hardest decision in life is whether or not to value size their combo.

So according to you in your northern brilliance that neo-comms Barry's policies would be celebrated in the streets if he was white? Just like they did with Clinton? Amazing logic...mensa is missing out.

Apr 4, 2012, 21:36
Prez

Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:36
Apr 4, 2012, 21:36
 Prez

Deflection or not, it's a fair point. EA hasn't killed anyone, ruined anyones life, or displaced anyone from their home, nor have they bribed government officials, or bought elections.

No it's a deflection. "Best or Worst Company" polls serve to illustrate what companies are the best and worst at meeting customers needs and making them happy. It has NOTHING to do with the level of altruism related to their product. Hate them or love them cigarette companies and gun manufacturers generally satisfy their customers. The guy is a fucking prick for trying this deception, which you fell for.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Apr 4, 2012, 21:33
nin
Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:33
Apr 4, 2012, 21:33
nin

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Apr 4, 2012, 21:32
Jivaro

Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:32
Apr 4, 2012, 21:32
 Jivaro

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 21:29:
"We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

Nice attempt at deflection, but face it - your company sucks.

It isn't even a nice way of deflecting it...it is a pretty pompous reaction to a statement (via survey) made by the very people that buy those games and use those services. That statement, in affect, validates the poll results. I myself would have put BofA ahead of them, but EA has shown itself to be bad for gamers, bad for developers, bad for it's own employees, and bad for the industry. The only people benefiting from EA's business practices are it's stockholders, and even that isn't always a given.

Apr 4, 2012, 21:30
NKD
Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:30
Apr 4, 2012, 21:30
NKD

No surprise here. You'd get more fair-minded and logical results asking white people in the deep south what they think of Obama.

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 21:29:
"We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

They aren't even the worst company nominated, let alone the worst company in America. Anyone who genuinely believes that is part of the cancer of apathy and frivolity destroying our country.
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Apr 4, 2012, 21:29
Prez

Re: EA Loses Consumerist Poll Apr 4, 2012, 21:29
Apr 4, 2012, 21:29
 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older