Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC

The BioWare Store has a listing for a four pack of Mass Effect characters, "complete with updated Mass Effect 3 branded packaging" (thanks Eurogamer via NeoGAF). The twist is the $75.00 set also includes in-game content. Here's word:

These products contain codes that can be redeemed for a downloadable content pack for Mass Effect 3 multi-player. They are slightly randomized during the registration and could include powerful new weapons and new characters. The pack could also include character boosters, weapon modifications, and weapon upgrades to make your multi-player squad stronger. (Only supported on XBox360 and PC.)

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 12:47 venomhed

This is just taking things too far, and companies wonder why we pirate DLC for things like this and Horse Armor?

Fuk off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 12:23 netnerd85

why? just why?  

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 08:39 Verno

Whenever I hear "booster" it makes me think of some kid collecting cards or something.  
Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 05:31 Dev

Veterator wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 05:03:
Sounds like they are trying to add a TF2 crate system to their services, without actually bothering to do all the hard stuff associated with it.

And want more money per chance to boot.

Get cher $75 crate heeere! Collect all (insert random number here that we won't tell you)! Limited edition! The card the code comes on is a super rare FOIL CARD!

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 05:14 Iurand

Maybe I just wait for complete game...  

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 05:03 Veterator

Sounds like they are trying to add a TF2 crate system to their services, without actually bothering to do all the hard stuff associated with it.

And want more money per chance to boot.

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 00:36 Silicon Avatar

Seriously.

That's my other beef with this.

For $15 I want to know what DLC I'm getting. I don't want a chance at getting something good. I want something good guaranteed. If I want to buy something with a chance of finding something good I'll play MTG.

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 24, 2012, 00:30 Creston

Oh, they COULD contain character boosters, weapon modifcations and weapon upgrades.

Knowing EA, they could also contain a stick of stale, old gum.

Creston

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 23:44 Silicon Avatar

For $75 I want a high quality resin sculpt, not GI Joe quality action figures. Even at $15 a piece they are not worth it to me.

I think I'll just wait on ME3. The more I hear about it the more it sounds like it can wait until the ultra-bundle pack, preferably on sale.

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 23:38 Acleacius

They must be going for the gow crowd. They've been sniffing cliffy's low rent butt, for low quality designs for years.  
Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 22:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Yeah those do look shitty. Kinda reminds me of those plastiform toys that mcd's and bk's give away with kiddie meals.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 22:19 007Bistromath

I am really glad the main story is definitely finished in the next game, because the more I hear about what they're doing with this franchise, the more I'm convinced it's time to get out.  

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 21:59 Rhett

Wow. I'd say "almost depressing," but ... it is depressingly sad. Quality looks borderline shoddy. Additional views are just the same pictures...

Same people who buy this, probably bought Call of Duty Elite.

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 20:12 CommunistHamster

Looking forward to seeing these gaudy blobs of extrusion-molded plastic in a car boot sale in 5 years. Collectors pieces my ass.  

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 20:09 Dev

BTW, the shipping charges are indeed close to $15 when I checked for my location in USA. So the actual price is much closer to $100.  

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 20:01 Jonny

Isn't Mass Effect an 18 rated series? Why are they flogging plastic toys for it?

Or are these the adult sculpture things that totally aren't plastic toys in any way and are, instead, a perfectly legitimate PVC Collector's Item?

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 Figures Include DLC Jan 23, 2012, 19:49 Dev

Only $75 for a DLC code! Get cher codes here! Before this digital item runs out! Buy now and its only $15 additional to ship the code straight to your door!
These are the codes that you need to pay to win! We promise not to nerf them (at least for the first week)!

Also included with the codes for a limited time are some figurines!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo