Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch

Hi-Rez Studios now offers a new patch for the Tribes: Ascend, updating the closed beta of the online shooter to version 0.1.636.0. Here's word on what's new:

• Improved tracers on most rapid-fire projectile weapons.
  • Modified projectile inheritance on all Spinfusors, all Bolt Launchers, the ArxShotgun, and Thumper (flat 50%).
  • Reduced sniper rifle effectiveness versus Shrikes.
View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 25, 2011, 14:51 Cutter

Blahman wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 13:03:
yuastnav wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 05:47:
There are vehicles, yes.
So far I have seen something that looks like a hovering motorcycle, a tank and an aircraft.

Yup, Shrike = aircraft, Beowulf=Tank, GravCycle=hover bike.

P.S., hoverbike ownage brought to you by Team GenerHater: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZ_D87MXZQ

That was lulz. Hope I can get on this thing soon. Looks like hella fun and it's been forever since I played Tribes. Between this and Planetside Part Deux that should keep my FPS desires well sated.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 25, 2011, 14:50 |oR|jonvall

Awesomness!!

I think I'll go ahead and download this!

12. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 25, 2011, 13:03 Blahman

yuastnav wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 05:47:
There are vehicles, yes.
So far I have seen something that looks like a hovering motorcycle, a tank and an aircraft.

Yup, Shrike = aircraft, Beowulf=Tank, GravCycle=hover bike.

P.S., hoverbike ownage brought to you by Team GenerHater: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZ_D87MXZQ

11. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 25, 2011, 05:47 yuastnav

There are vehicles, yes.

10. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 25, 2011, 01:45 |oR|jonvall

Got a beta key but never installed it. Did they include the motorcycle and flying vehicles in this game? Loved both T1 and T2.....looking forward to this game....it sounds as if it's mostly true to the Tribes world.  

9. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 25, 2011, 00:42 Hump

Enjoying the hell out of this.

Bought just about every class. No regrets.

I played MW3 for a couple hours, got annoyed. Switched to T;A and it put a smile on my face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 18:35 yuastnav

Was hesitant when I first read about it, especially since I have never played a Tribes game before, but after having received a beta key (I didn't even know why since I, although I wanted to, never applied - my guess is it's because I bought Global Agenda) and actually played for a bit I can say that this game is a blast!
Really fun, kinda fast (although not really fast-paced) multiplayer shooter. Good times.

7. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 17:31 Blahman

space captain wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 17:05:
Blahman wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 16:53:
Spinfusor discs definitely do have dynamic lighting. Not sure about other projectiles.

hmm.. i noticed it while playing drydock tdm and that map is super dark nightime action.. discs dont seem to light up the terrain at all - if they do its damn subtle.. same with explosions which should be *bright* IMHO, but they are not

I think it might be pretty subtle, not too sure. It's definitely there with the light Spinfusor, probably the Doombringer rocket, tank shells, Shrike/GravCycle orbs, etc.

btw i got a flag back from you this mornin ..

double shazbot! what's your ingame name?

6. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 17:05 space captain

Blahman wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 16:53:
Spinfusor discs definitely do have dynamic lighting. Not sure about other projectiles.

hmm.. i noticed it while playing drydock tdm and that map is super dark nightime action.. discs dont seem to light up the terrain at all - if they do its damn subtle.. same with explosions which should be *bright* IMHO, but they are not

btw i got a flag back from you this mornin ..

5. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 16:53 Blahman

space captain wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 16:04:
also, ive noticed the projectiles and explosions dont give off dynamic lighting.. unlike T1 from over ten years ago?

gfx engine can use some serious work

game is still fun as hell tho

Spinfusor discs definitely do have dynamic lighting. Not sure about other projectiles. Think this is one of those spit and polish fixes they will deal with when the larger issues are sorted out.

Personally I think this is the most fun multiplayer shooter since T2. CoD/BF sequels get stale but pure skill-based gameplay, freedom of movement and graceful weapons are what make Tribes awesome!

Shazbot!

4. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 16:04 space captain

saw a guy using an aimbot a couple weeks ago.. before they took away hitscan... havent seen anything like that since, and that seems to be one of the bonus points for a F2P online game - as hirez has shown, they are pretty religious with the updates

i just wish they would fix the terrain morphing and LOD pop-in... its pretty distracting at times

also, ive noticed the projectiles and explosions dont give off dynamic lighting.. unlike T1 from over ten years ago?

gfx engine can use some serious work

game is still fun as hell tho

3. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 15:55 Fixious

-

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2013, 21:51.

2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 12:57 Caladell

I wish it would run for me. Ends up just hanging on the map loading screen. I've left it for quite a while-I think close to an hour once just to see if it would indeed load. Haven't found any help on the forums either. Ah well. I suppose that's why it's beta  

1. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Patch Dec 24, 2011, 11:35 Esoteric

I finally bit on the 8 dollar VIP package (mostly for lifetime +50% token and XP rewards). Really enjoying this game.  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >