Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website offers a new "Jedi Consular Character Progression" trailer from BioWare's upcoming Star Wars MMORPG. Word is: "The Jedi Consular is both a revered ally to the Republic and a dangerous adversary to the Empire. Their ability to revive fallen allies in combat and to manipulate the Force to remain hidden from their enemies makes them an invaluable asset. Get a small glimpse of the many paths of advancement for this powerful Force-wielding class."
View : : :

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer
Nov 27, 2011, 02:50
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Nov 27, 2011, 02:50
Nov 27, 2011, 02:50

Doombringer wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 07:08:
It's a stress test. The game launches in less than a month! Criminey. They're not going to give you weeks of beta access so you can burn out and not buy the retail product. If your friends are fans, and your experience with the beta has been relatively positive, then tell them to buy the game when it's out.

These kids nowadays... it's like "beta test" means "free game."

Is it a stress test or beta test? Stress test to me means content is generally done and you are checking to see if the any changes need to be made on the server side to better cover the load from player surges.

Beta test means the general concept and content of the game is there, late phase beta (1 month away) should be minor balance tweaks and quest fixes that the game could live without fixing before launch. But generally late phase beta/stress test phase = 99.99999% retail content. I am sure most people are convinced that there's a miracle patch to cover every problem before launch, but it never comes.....ever.

Now if this is a beta, they need more eyes testing it because there are problems with lag (still), prior to this weekend and during it. Lack of content at 30+ levels. Lack of content for PVP instancing. Unpopular mechanics (expensive re-rolls, and no changing of advanced class). Poor crafting systems overall, people had disappearing recipes on log out..that's assuming the stuff is worth making in the first place generally it's not.

If this is a stress test, they still have lag problems. A short period of holiday weekend players with a couple days notice prior via email to let them know when they could login. The turn out would have been higher if people hadn't been given short notice and didn't have holidays to contend with. Not to mention all of the driver issues people will experience with the game, as with all modern games.

It's the same argument people use in game. How do you test a game without playing the game? If you say "Im playing the game" someone out there says "You're doing it wrong! You're supposed to be testing!" Hell I used to test games from Sierra, tested Everquest and many other MMOs. If you aren't playing it like a game, I think you're doing something wrong. As for beta tests = free game, they used to send me copies of the games I tested for free after it launched. So.....they are getting more bang for their buck getting you to shell out for the game after it launches and all that free labor in beta. I guess kids these days have gotten used to being taken advantage of and looking at it as an "opportunity".

Date
Subject
Author
Nov 27, 2011Nov 27 2011
  Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer
Nov 26, 2011Nov 26 2011
Nov 27, 2011Nov 27 2011
Nov 27, 2011Nov 27 2011