Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim

A few links for those enjoying The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda's RPG sequel being played by over a quarter-million concurrent players on Steam. We have Skyrim Intro & Gameplay Running on Multiple Monitors, some Performance Benchmarks to see if your rig is up to the game (thanks Acleacius), and, just for fun: Watch A Horse Ride A Dragon In Skyrim (thanks Ant).
View
68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

8. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 19:19 eunichron

Scud wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 19:14:
I'm pretty sure you can find spellbooks, I found one in my inventory that I hadn't noticed right away.

Indeed, spell books are littered throughout the dungeons, along with scrolls. I've found 4 or 5 books and numerous scrolls so far.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 19:14 Scud

I'm pretty sure you can find spellbooks, I found one in my inventory that I hadn't noticed right away.  

6. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 19:03 Bucky

Heck, I still don't have a horse. I'd rather run around seeing everything I can, not to mention saving the 1000 gold since I apparently need to buy every spell I see.

This game is amazing though. I just fought off a few wolves (easy) only just as I finished electrocuting the last wolf two dragons dropped onto my head. Needless to say, it did not go well for me. After the reload I decided to jump off the nearby waterfall, only to have it wash my into a small village. Right now I'd say Skyrim is tied with Portal 2 for my GotY vote.

5. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 19:02 Ozmodan

When you accompany a great game with a horrendously poor UI you end up with a very mediocre game.

After horsing with the UI for 2 days, I put the game in it's CD case and gave it to a friend, hope he has better luck with it. I play games to have fun, not becoming angry because some developer can't figure out how to design a UI.

4. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 18:47 eunichron

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 18:39:
I don't mind so much that the horses are psycho. I do mind that when you're fighting they run away...like far, far away and you're looking around after trying to find the bastard. Plus the animation for it is just so horrible. They should have licensed RDR's horses as they're the best in any game ever. And the whistle to summon you mount rocked too.

Check this out! Somone made Arnie/Conan. Heh

Get to the choppa!

I've noticed the horses tend to travel back to wherever you got (or stole) them from. Early on I had taken one from the Whiterun Stormcloak Camp, and it left during a fight... sure enough I found it walking back to the Stormcloak Camp.

14 hours logged and just now breaking the surface of the main questline.

3. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 18:39 Cutter

I don't mind so much that the horses are psycho. I do mind that when you're fighting they run away...like far, far away and you're looking around after trying to find the bastard. Plus the animation for it is just so horrible. They should have licensed RDR's horses as they're the best in any game ever. And the whistle to summon you mount rocked too.

Check this out! Somone made Arnie/Conan. Heh

Get to the choppa!

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

2. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 18:16 Kosumo

I'm sure that horse is the final boss fight "Mr Ed." although I've also heard that it's a two part fight cos he leaves on that dragon to go and get his horse armor on. Cheesy  

1. Re: 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Skyrim Nov 12, 2011, 14:30 Quboid

Apparently that horse riding thing is a spoiler.  

68 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >